Ch. Five

Cruel Fate?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wang Eun knocked on the door before entering his father office. His father wants to talk to him about his next project.

“Come in.” His father said from the inside.

“Good Morning, Chairman Wang.” Wang Eun bow his head.

“Please have a seat.”

“Why did you want to see me? I thought I have full authority over my company’s new project after I succeed my last project.”

“I know I said that. But there’s nothing wrong to give you a suggestion for the next project.” Mr. Wang gives Wang Eun the file, “Take a look at this one.”

Wang Eun takes the file and read it. “Villa? Since when we were doing such a personal project?”

“Don’t just look at the villa alone. This project will be your first step to get another big opportunity to develop your company.”

“Care to elaborate, Chairman Wang?”

“The owner of this villa is Lee Beom Soo, you know why this is great opportunity right?”

“Start from next year he will grow his business in 6 Metropolitan cities.”

“That’s right, and you know that’ll be yours if you can win with this villa.”

“Well, this is good, but I already have something in mind for my next project. I’m sorry Chairman Wang, but you can do this project as your own project.”

“What? If you want to develop your company, you shouldn’t say no to this one. What is your next project anyway? There’s no way it’ll be more profitable than this one.”

“Mine is way more profitable, you’ll know in next week. Then, excuse me Chairman Wang.” Wang Eun stands up and bow before leaving his father office.

“Wait.” Wang Eun stop and face his father, “3 days.”

“I’m sorry?”

“Give me your plan for next project in 3 days, or you’ll take this one.”

“3 days?”

“Why? You can’t do that?”

Wang Eun takes a deep breath with his father request, “I’ll see you in 3 days.” He said confidently and leaves.

Wang Eun call someone as soon as get out of his father office.

“Manager Kim, I’m heading to office now and I want you to meet me with all the data you’ve got for W.E Property next project.”

“Okay, I get it, CEO Wang.”

 

Wang Eun arrived at his office and inside his room, Manager Kim already standby with some file in his hand.

“What is it CEO Wang? Are you having some inspiration after playing with Soo-jung?”

“Yah, it’s not time for joking around.”

Manager Kim frown, “Is there something wrong?”

“Yes. We need to finish the planning in 2 days because 3 days from now I need to give the plan to Chairman.”

“What did you said?”

“You heard me. Let me read your information for now.” Wang Eun asks for the file and read it carefully.

 

“Are you sure this is what Hit Property offering to the investor?”

“Yes, CEO Wang. I got it directly from one of the investor.”

“There’s nothing to be afraid of then. They’ll not gonna invest to Hit Property if they knew about our plan.”

“Yes, our project will be way more profitable to all investor.”

“Good. Let’s focus on our proposal then. And, call the owner of the building. Tell her to plan on meeting with all the tenants tomorrow. Let them know that they’ll soon need to move out from there and they’ll get compensation based on the remaining contract they have.”

“And if they refuse to move out?”

“Told her to think a way to scare them out. We’re not paying her that much for nothing.”

“But for foster home, I don’t think scare them out is a good way CEO Wang. If they decided to gain public attention to help them stay, we can end up in court, and you know it’ll take time if everything ends up there.”

“Have you been searching about the foster home?”

“Nothing much. I just knew about who’s taking care of the kids and how long they’ve been there.”

“Focus on something we can attack, like what about the kids who stay there. Is there any kids who’s been neglected there or…” Wang Eun thinking for a while, “I don’t know. Just got me something to make the Foster home owner can’t fight back.”

“You can only give that one example didn’t you.”

“Don’t tease me. We are in the office, Manager Kim.” Wang Eun reminded Jong-in about it.

Manager Kim hold his laughter, “Ne, I’ll get the information soon CEO Wang.”

“Good. Inform me as soon as you get it. Now go, I need to leave too.”

“Where are you going?”

“To meet the investor. They need to know W.E Property is going to save them from bad investment.”

“You cocky bastard.”

“I’m just good with this business.” Wang Eun smirk and then left.

 

---

 

It’s 2 PM but Hyojin Ajumma hasn’t come home yet so Bomi calling on her phone.

“Hello, Bomi-ya.”

“Ajumma, where are you?”

“In front of the door.”

“Ne?”

“I just arrived, can you open the door for me?”

Bomi end the call and heading to the front door.

“Ajumma, what took you so long to come back? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine dear. I just met with my old friend that’s why. There’s so much to catch up on.”

“But you really fine, right?”

“Hmm, is something happen?”

“Minwoo said that you were in pain this morning.”

“I see, that’s why you’ve been so worried. I’m fine, it’s not unusual if I’m feeling such a pain, but it’s not that serious.” Hyojin ajumma smiled.

“Please tell me everything from now on, Ajumma. I want to take care of you.”

“Okay, I will. Where is everybody?”

“Ah, Namjoo is meeting her friend and Eunji went to supermarket to buy some ingredients, Chanyeol will come today.”

“Oh really? I need to prepare his room then.”

“We did that already, Ajumma. Why don’t you take a rest, you must’ve been tired today.”

“Okay then. Call me if the kids get home.”

“Ne, Ajumma.”

 

Not long after Hyojin Ajumma went to her room, someone knock on the door. Bomi come and open the door to find postman outside the door. The letter was addressed to the owner of foster home so Bomi open it to find out what was the letter about. She was surprised to know that it was an invitation for Light Foster Home to attend a meeting about renovation for their neighborhood.

Mwoya, it’s not just a rumor. Tomorrow Hyojin Ajumma have appointment with her doctor,

Please log in to read the full chapter