Seventh and Eighth Month

While You Were Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the very late update.

Italic fonts = flashback and conversation on phone.

Seventh and Eighth Month

 

Mo Yeon was having her morning shift and checked her patients on her list with the nurses when she sensed someone next to her.

“So, where is your soldier boyfriend? I haven’t seen him these past few months.”

Mo Yeon froze.

She didn’t need to have sixth sense to know the person who asked her that question.

Mo Yeon raised her head and glanced over to the person next to her. Dr. Kim faked her sweet smile at her, like always.

“I don’t see that’s your business to know about my boyfriend,” she answered casually.

Dr. Kim pursed her lips. “Well...I know it’s not my business. I’m just curious.” She leaned forward with Mo Yeon kept staring at her. “But, seven months are quite a long time for a couple not to see each other, you know?”

“So?”

“So...” Dr. Kim grinned. “Did you two broke up?”

Mo Yeon raised her eyebrows. “Is that what you want to ask me?”

“I’ve tried to ask your friends, but they don’t give me answers. I decided to ask you instead.”

“Why would I even want to answer your question if even my friends didn’t give you one?”

Dr. Kim played with her hair. “If you’re not in relationship with him anymore, maybe I can have a chance. He’s handsome.”

Mo Yeon sighed and walked away from the nosy doctor. “Keep on dreaming.”

“Hey! Don’t leave like that when I’m talking to you!”

Mo Yeon didn’t even look back.

At lunch time, she stood on the rooftop while holding her sandwich. A chopper flew by and her eyes instantly looked up and watched the flying object. She hoped maybe Si Jin was inside the chopper and came to see her, but then, the chopper just kept flying and Mo Yeon took a bite on her sandwich dejectedly. She pulled out her phone and typed a message.

“I saw a chopper today. I thought you came here to see me.”

She sent the message to the person who would never answered back.

It became a habit for Mo Yeon to tell any random things and sent it to Si Jin. Of course, she knew she would never had any replies, but somehow she felt she could released some of her pains. Mo Yeon knew it had to stop at some moments for it was not healthy for her mental health, but for now she couldn’t think any other ways to ease her feelings.

When she finished sending the message, she saw Dr. Song stood next to her and smiled. “I know I can find you here,” he said to Mo Yeon.

Mo Yeon smiled in return. “I need to clear my head.”

“Ah...” the senior doctor said knowingly.

They both went silent before Dr. Song continued, “I heard from my friend in another hospital about the volunteer job in Albania. It’s for the next five months and it’s open for all the doctors around the world.”

The female doctor blinked. “Five more months?”

Dr. Song nodded. “It’s exactly on Captain Yoo’s anniversary, isn’t it?” he asked carefully.

Mo Yeon smiled solemnly. “Yes, it is.” And then, she sighed deeply. “I can’t believe it’s seven months already.”

“Time flies.”

“I know.”

Silence again.

“If you want to go, you still have three more months to decide. Just let me know,” Dr. Song broke the silence.

The female doctor nodded. “Thank you, Senior.”

The senior doctor smiled and tapped Mo Yeon’s shoulder gently before they both looked over the scenery in front of them.

On her day off, Mo Yeon deci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter