Sixth Month

While You Were Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sixth Month

 

After avoiding two picnic invitations from her friends, Mo Yeon finally agreed to go on one weekend. She thought she needed it too, rather than closing herself from the world. She had friends who loved and cared for her, going to their picnic invitations was her way to thank them.

So, on Saturday morning, Mo Yeon’s group were seen sitting on a public park with foods and drinks with them. Chi Hun brought his wife and son and Mo Yeon was happy about it. It had been a while since she saw Chi Hun’s son after he was born. Mo Yeon never really thought about having a family, but she loved children. She still has good memories of playing with them when she did volunteering in Africa and then, when she was in Urk, resulting she had one girl who became her responsibility.

Chi Hun’s son was nearly one, and just started to learn to walk, making him as the object of the doctors and the nurses’ attention. At one point, Mo Yeon carried him and showed him a tree with her friends watching her from behind.

“She looks happy,” Nurse Ha commented.

“I think so too,” Nurse Choi piped in.

“She tries to be happy, at least she’s not so depressing when she first learned about Captain Yoo’s death,” This time it was Dr. Song.

Jang Hee Eun, Chi Hun’s wife, smiled grimly. “Dr. Kang is good with children. She could be a good mother.”

“And I don’t think that will cross on her mind anytime soon, about having a family,” Chi Hun said, a bit sad.

After that, they continued their picnic with Chi Hun’s son sleeping on his mother’s arms. Mo Yeon stood a bit far from the group, her eyes had the faraway look. She looked up to a tree and realized the season changed again, but Si Jin would never come back to her.

Her heart ached.

Time indeed flew so fast and without she knowing, it was already six month since she was left alone. Another six month, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter