Second Month

While You Were Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wow, your respons for this story overwhelmed me. Thank you so much for the comments, subscribes, and upvotes. I have no idea you guys want to reminisce the sad moment with me.

Second Month

 

Mo Yeon stared at her phone, toying it with Myeong Ju’s name appeared on the screen. It had been two months since Si Jin and Sergeant Seo’s death and she hasn’t hear anything from the General’s daughter yet. She knew Myeong Ju must have felt the same way like her, denial and grief. Mo Yeon also knew it must be hard for Myeong Ju too, being a soldier, there must be a lot of things which could remind her to Sergeant Seo in the base. She finally gave up on calling her  and put her phone back on her pocket, deciding it was not the right time to call the General’s daughter, not yet.

Mo Yeon walked to the cafeteria, starting to fill her tray with food. Since Dr. Pyo locked her in her office and finally found out about Si Jin, her friends learned the truth about his death. To her surprise, they all didn’t say a word about it to other Heasung staffs. Dr. Pyo said to honor the secrecy, so the only people who knew about Si Jin were only her closest friends. She was still working the night shifts, and she needed to thank her friends whom reminded her to aware about her own health.

Mo Yeon walked to the table where her friends were sitting. She could feel all the stares and then, sat silently before began to eat. The nurses and the doctors were staring at Mo Yeon who was eating slowly and gave signal to each other from their eyes to break the awkward atmosphere. Chi Hun was the first who made the move.

“Senior, we’re going to have a picnic this weekend. Will you join us?”

“Where?” Mo Yeon asked almost automatically.

Chi Hun glanced at the others and said, “To the public park nearby. I’m sure it will be fun. Please, come with us, Senior.”

Mo Yeon shook her head. “I can’t. I want to visit my mom.” And then, she put her spoon and fork on her tray. “I’m done here.” She got up and left her friends who remained sat on their chairs.

All the doctors and nurses blew a breath.

“At least she said something,” Dr. Song said.

“I agree with Dr. Song. I still remember how Dr. Kang was a month before. I almost didn’t recognize her. She was so different,” Nurse Choi added.

“She’s still different now,” Dr. Pyo commented.

“What should we do? We can’t let Dr. Kang going on like this,” Nurse Ha said worriedly.

Dr. Pyo took a deep breath. “Sadly to say, we can’t do anything about it. Mo Yeon must deal with her grief on her own way. We only can help her and support her as her friends.”

Nurse Choi sighed sadly. “Dr. Kang must know the risk on having a relationship with a soldier, but she still keeps her relationship. I don’t think I want to have a relationship with a soldier.”

“Be careful on what you’re saying,” Nurse Ha reminded the young nurse. “Some of the soldiers are familiar with us. Who knows someday one of them will interest in you.”

Nurse Choi blinked. “Eh?” And then, she looked over her colleagues. “Are we really going to have a picnic this weekend?”

Dr. Song, Chi Hun, and Nurse Ha only raised their eyebrows.

Dr. Pyo only stared at the empty chair which occupied by Mo Yeon earlier and blew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter