1/1

Misunderstanding?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“How about is I fall for you?” Kyungsoo asked, to the lanky man, beside him.

The tall man, is look at his bestfriends, his eyes is open wider. He blinks, his mouth is dry.

“F—f...fall? what do you mean?” He stutters, He really love his bestfriends but as a friends, a nice company and partners for talks. But not in romantic way.

“Ha ha ha, Chanyeol. Please, I’m not serious. And how I could fall for someone that still couldn’t sleep without hugged his rillakuma plushy from his highschool? Ha ha ha... You are a college student Chanyeol,...” Kyungsoo, teased his bestfriends, he laughed.

“Shut up!!” Chanyeol just can answer that, He is really relieves with that. He don’t know, what should he do, if Kyungsoo really love him.

Kyungsoo is his bestfriends, his best buddy, a nice company, they are really “click” in many ways, though both of them have opposite characters, but indeed found a trouble from it,the difference make them could fulfill each other. But just not in romantic ways.

Chanyeol look at the horizon, He failed to realized, a slight of pain in his best buddy eyes.

 

--1227—

 

Lately, the topics that Chanyeol brought everytime they meet is “Baekhyun” his new buddy in his class. A new transferred student, a chatterbox like Chanyeol itself.

Baekhyun is...

Baekhyun like....

Baekhyun....and so...on...

And again, Chanyeol failed to realized a pain in Kyungsoo eyes.

 

--1227--

 

“Are it is okay, if I’am dating Chanyeol, Kyung??” Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo, suddenly when they are in the library.

“Hmmm?” Kyungsoo can’t hide his shocked face, but Kyungsoo is a good actors. As soon as possible, He hide his pain. He smile, “Well, I guess if Chanyeol like you, then it is will be no matter with me.”

He avoid Chanyeol eyes.

“Really? Really? Really?” Baekhyun said enthusiastically.

Kyungsoo smile, show his signatures heart-shaped smile.

“As long as Chanyeol happy, I will happy too.”

 

He avoid Chanyeol eyes, and back to his book. Failed, to realized a pain in Chanyeol eyes.

 

 

 

 

Really, Kyung? Though, his happiness is not you? Kyungsoo thoughts.

 

--1227--

 

Chanyeol failed to understands with his bestfriends, Baekhyun is a stranger that come and steal Chanyeol from him, but why He just let Chanyeol go like that?

Chanyeol is always protective with Kyungsoo, till people misunderstood their friendship as a romantic relations-ship. But Chanyeol, never try to corrected that.

He like that assumptions, from people about them. So, he could easily kick all of those man who try to make a move to his bestfriends. For Chanyeol, Kyungsoo deserves the best one.

Till, he find the best one, he would kick everybody from Kyungsoo.

 

And Chanyeol hope, Kyungsoo will do the same thing. But not.

 

Kyungsoo just let him go like that, and Chanyeol couldn’t lie it is hurt him. He wanna Kyungsoo protective too, to him.

 

“Okay, fine!! If it is what you want, Soo!! I will date those Byun!!” Chanyeol said in frustation, He rolled his body in his bed. He really failed, to understands his buddy.

 

“AHHHHHHH!! I HATE YOU, KYUNG!!!”

 

--1227—

 

Kyungsoo choose to stay in the library till late night. He wanna tell Chanyeol, about his problem. But then those announcement from Byun Baekhyun. Made Kyungsoo forgot about his academic problem.

He wanna tell Chanyeol, but He can deny the sting in his heart.

“I will tell him tommorow.”

He arranged his book and put it in his bag,

“Oh, Do Kyungsoo-ssi? Right?” said someone, suddenly. The man called him from the parking area. Kyungsoo turned his head. He failed to recognized, the one who called him. His astigmatism is really.

“Ha ha, its me. Kim Jongin,” said, the who called him.

“Oh God, Jongin!! Hai,” Kyungsoo hugged Jongin, and pat his back. “What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked, when pull his body from the hug.

“I’am new here,”

“Ah really? Ah I forgot to realized if you are one year apart below me. How college then?”

“It is nice, I love it. Ha ha...how about you, ‘ex’?” Jongin said, in teasing tone.

“Ha, ha ha that is a really long story, I don’t believe you still remember that. It is , I though to change my major.”

“Wow, that is a big step. Hyung,”

“I knew,” and I hope I could talk this with Chanyeol,

 

 

Kyungsoo ended, talked with Jongin in one 포장마차(kind of late night street tent, for drinks and eat the side dish).

 

--1227--

 

“Chanyeol, can we talk? I have something to....” Kyungsoo, said but cutted by Chanyeol.

“Sorry Kyung, I’m busy now.” Chanyeol said, without spare a glance at Kyungsoo.

“How about tommor....”

Chanyeol cut it again,

“No, I have date with Baekhyun.”

Kyungsoo can hide his dissappointment, but He choose to understand.

 

Chanyeol is happy with Baekhyun.

 

“Hemm....okay....” Kyungsoo said,

“I have to go,” Chanyeol said, without look at Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo clenched his fist, to hold the pain.

 

 

--1227--

 

 

Chanyeol really miss Kyungsoo, he really happy met Kyungsoo in the library today. But then, he choose to ignore the petite boy.

“He deserved that, after let me go, like that....”

A message pop up on his screen....

And Chanyeol choose to ignore it.

 

 

From:  Byun!

Chanyeol let’s meet up. Since in the library with Kyungsoo, we never meet again...

Miss U.....

 

 

--1227--

 

“You know that, today my profesor is really . It is really not fair for me. How he could do that to me, I mean....ehmm, Sehun?” Jongin, talked. But then he realizes if his boyfriend, is not pay attention to him at all. Sehun too busy with his phone.

Jongin frowned.

“Sehun? Se.....??” Jongin called him again,

“Hemmm?” Not bother to look at Jongin at all,

Jongin take a deep breath.

 

 

Just look at me, the real person. Not the picture in your phone.  

 

--1227--

 

Chanyeol look at Kyungsoo, in the acting departement. And talking with one of the men, that is look like a professor.

“Kyungsoo? KYUNG!!!” Chanyeol called the petite boy.

Kyungsoo turned his face to the voice source, His signatured smile is appeared as soon as he can recognized the one who called him.

But when Chanyeol jogged and approaches, him. A tall men, hugged Kyungsoo and Chanyeol realized the smile is not for him. But, for the man in the grey polo shirt. The one, that ran passed him, before.

Kyungsoo, narrow his eyes to Chanyeol direction.

“Chanyeol??”

 

--1227--

 

“How could those men, knew about you change your major, first than me? KYUNG!!!”

“I try to talked to you, Chan.....” Kyungsoo argue, but immediately cut by Chanyeol.

“Whatever, Kyung!!! Look!!” Chanyeol pointed his finger to Kyungsoo, “Whatever, with every your excuse!! I just knew if, you choose to told him first before me!!”

Chanyeol turns his heels and left Kyungsoo alone, dejectedly.

 

 

 

 

“At least, give me a change to explain.....”

 

--1227--

 

Kyungsoo soaked in rain, get in his dorms. He saw Chanyeol’s room door is opened. He thought to explain to Chanyeol everything.

But, when his hands touch the door knob, He saw Chanyeol making out with Baekhyun. Kyungsoo drop his gazed to the floor. He turns his heals and walked away.

 

“Maybe, it is not the right time.”

 

 

--1227--

 

Chanyeol, could saw a shadow behind the door, and in corner of his eyes He could saw if the door is closed.

He open the door on purpose, before. It is worked.

 

He felt guilty to Baekhyun, but He couldn’t help but felt betrayed by his best buddy.

 

 

--1227--

“Hyung? Can we meet? I need accompany, Please....” Voice message from Jongin,

 

 

 

To Jongin

Okay

 

The rain is stop, but it is not easy to Kyungsoo to bring his foot through the living room. From the sound that he heard before, it is look like his housemate has been finishing his “section” and now from the footsteps He could guest if the couple is in the living room.

He is not ready with the grumpy Chanyeol.

 

Jongin gave him a reason to leave all of this awkward situation.

 

He grab his hoodie, slip it to his mini torso.

 

 

“Hai, wanna out?” Baekhyun greet him,

“Yup,” He smile, He feel relieved. Baekhyun is nice buddy.

He darts his eyes around the room, looking for his best friends.

“He buy, groceries.”

Kyungsoo make a shaped ‘O’ with his tiny mouth.

“I leave, Baek. Enjoy your time,” Kyungsoo shout,

“Sure, You too.”

 

 

--1227--

 

“Hyung.....”

“Holding on Jongin’ah, everything will be worthed in the end, okay?” Kyungsoo said,

Jongin just answered, with a weak smile.

“Are you have been talked to him about this all? Hemm?” Kyungsoo asked

Jongin shook his head slowly. Kyungsoo sighed out loud.

“That is the problem, you are not try to talked to him. You should talk to him, about your concern. Don’t made him being the culprit like this.”

“But, He should know, he should sensitive.”

“How? How He could know if you are, not try to talk it to him? He just human, Jongin. For Godsake, Sehun couldn’t read your mind, If you wanna He know your problem talk to him, don’t be silence and run like this!!”

Jongin, just silence. He couldn’t argue Kyungsoo statement.

“How about your own problem, Hyung?”

Kyungsoo leans his back to his chair, “I still try, asked him to willingly hear my explanation. He like you, always run.”

 

 

--1227--

 

 

Chanyeol, bring 2 big plastic bag with groceries, in the sidewalk when He saw Kyungsoo talked with Jongin.

Chanyeol, hate that man.

Kyungsoo knew him first before Chanyeol, and Chanyeol can’t help but hate with that fact.

 

And now, saw those long-friends-or-should-we-call-them-ex-lover sat in those cafe, made Chanyeol’s grip to his plastic bag tighter. Also his heart.

 

 

--1227--

 

If the weather is always changing, and made people soaked in rain. So it is with Chanyeol, who always made Kyungsoo confused and soak in sweat and tears.

One second, Chanyeol asked to meet with him.

The next seconds, when Kyungsoo ran to the cafe, Chanyeol without any hesitance canceled the meeting.

And many more weird situations.

If in the usual situation, Chanyeol must be ended in Kyungsoo headlock now.

But the situation now is 180 degrees different, Chanyeol was really not Chanyeol that Kyungsoo used to know.

 

 

Kyungsoo choose to followed the flow and wait till, Chanyeol that Kyungsoo used to know is back.

 

Chanyeol would back to him, Kyungsoo knew that.

 

--1227—

 

Chanyeol, would back to Kyungsoo.

Sooner or Later.

But now, Chanyeol still felt betrayed.

 

Chanyeol look at Kyungsoo, door. How he miss the petite boy.

Once the door is opened, Chanyeol choose to turn off the television and back to his room.

 

Avoid, his bestfriends. 

 

--1227—

 

Jongin look his boyfriend, smile and even giggled when look at his phone.

Who is you were talking to?

“Sehun....can we talk?”

“Yupp, just go ahead.” Sehun said, while still looking at his phone.

Jongin sighed out loud.

“Hemm, Sehun, I think, You are just.....”

“Jongin, wait. Let me answer this ‘dm’ to my follower first okay....” Sehun said, while tapping in his phone.

 

Jongin look at his boyfriend felt, outcasted. While, they are just both of them.

 

Once again, he lose with the phone.

 

--1227--

 

Sehun finished to answer and reply, all his follower.

“So....Jongin???” Sehun look the empty chair in front of him, he blinked.

He checked his phone, there is one text message from his boyfriend.

 

From : My Jongin

I thought, we should break

I’m tired for always begged your attention,

Now, you can poured all of your attention to your damned phone.

Bye, Oh Sehun-....ssi

 

“Jongin, oh no....” Sehun whispered.

 

 

 

--1227--

 

"Jongin, look!! I really sure, you just misunderstood everything, and..."

"Hyung, you are his friends or mine?? Why you always in his side??" Jongin cut Kyungsoo, 

"You know!! That I'm not in anyone side, I just try for being neutral side, okay?"

Jongin look at his hyung, frowned. He can't deny everything that Kyungsoo said, because what? Kyungsoo was right. But jongin was too tired, to clearing everything with Sehun. 

He wanna take a space, from his beloved boyfriends. 

"Hyung, accompany me go to Namsan Tower, you are free right??"

Kyungsoo just look at his younger friends, without saying anything. 

"Please, Hyung...all of your class is over right?? Please??" Jongin begging with his puppy faces. 

 

Kyungsoo, looked at Jongin. 

"Okay, let me back home first, I need to tell Chanyeol,"

"Why you not call him?"

"He, will not answer my call...."

 

"Ha ha ha. he look like a child..." Kyungsoo send a glares to Jongin that shut his mouth immadiately.

"Said, the man who even didn't have any brave to talk to his own boyfriend..."

 

"You, win Hyung!! You Win..." Jongin put his both hands up, surrender. 

 

--1227--

 

Kyungsoo knocked, Chanyeol room door. 

"Chanyeol? I will go with Jongin, to Namsan Tower." Kyungsoo said, 

 

There is no answer from the owner of the room. 

 

Kyungsoo feel so dejectedly. 

 

"Chanyeol it is not fair, why you didn't wanna talk to me? Please, Chan... I really miss you," Kyungsoo pleaded, He is so tired with all of this grumpy Chanyeol. Kyungsoo miss him so much, He wanna joke and talk to Chanyeol again like before. 

Suddenly, the silent door is swing open. Revealed Chanyeol, with his tall stature. 

Kyungsoo is relieved, could see Chanyeol, but the lanky man just passed him by to their kitchen.

"Chan, please hear me first..."

"Just go," Chanyeol said coldly, 

Kyungsoo, clenched his jaw hard. 

"Chan,"

"I don't need you, just go with your "Jongin", .." Chanyeol coldly said, without look at Kyungsoo watery eyes. He said the last word slowly.

But Kyungsoo, didn't failed to hear this. The house is really quiet, He even can hear his own heartbeat. 

"Chan? That was so rude..."

Chanyeol, was just faced his back to Kyungsoo. But Kyungsoo is not failed to hear a mocked laughed from Chanyeol. 

"Chan, let me explain, I didn't know what you heard about me, but please hear my explanation first before you judge me,"

"There is nothing to explain, because we are 'nothing'" Chanyeol, take a sip of his cup,"I don't know if you are a like this Kyungsoo," Chanyeol shakes his head in disbelief. But he never faced Kyungsoo, who now try hard to hold his tears. 

But Kyungsoo, knew if this all is just misunderstanding. What he need now is tell Chanyeol, everything and everything would be clear. 

"Chan, let me talked...."

"Just go," Chanyeol, said. 

Kyungsoo, try to open his mouth again, but Chanyeol cut it immadiately.

 

"Go, I wan't to see your face again."

 

Kyungsoo felt so hurt now, his chest is so tight. 

 

The most that made his hurt is not the words that Chanyeol said to him, but the way Chanyeol faced his back to Kyungsoo. Chanyeol his bestfriends, his "one-sided-love", his "home", who even didn't bother to look at him, the one that a few seconds ago used a disgusted voice to talked to him.

But Kyungsoo refuses to give up.

"Hear me..."

"Go...." Chanyeol hisses, cut Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo, nev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter