3rd Full Moon

Full Moon

3rd Full Moon

 

I woke up with a tinge of something heavy pressing through my chest, my eyes fluttered open only to see a figure that I was almost too familiar with, but something was wrong. She had the same face, same features, that silver hair, everything about her has that certain familiarity, but one thing is for sure, this is not her.

 

I barely noticed what she was up to, until I felt a sharp pain on my thighs, something pointed was not only grazing but piercing through my skin. It was too painful that all my senses heightened, even feeling that nauseous thick red liquid make its way down my thigh right to the bed sheet.

 

“Wha –!” I screamed, tried. Without anything else puckering up my mind but survival, I focused on her face. Why is she doing this to me? I thought everything was ok?

 

My eyes landed on her face, the exact same face that visits me every month as the full moon rises, but in her eyes there was something that’s hard to recognize, by a simple glance I know that this is not her. All void of emotions but anger, greed, and something else that was hard for me to understand for I couldn’t focus no more as the pain gets stronger to the point that no sound would ever escape from my mouth.

 

I closed my eyes shut and as tight as I could, soon a tingling and hot sensation slowly left my thighs but damn, it hurts so much I could die. By the feel of it, the wound induced was so deep. I bit my lip suppressing any cries knowing that even if I tried, none will come out. I didn’t know what was going on.

 

“I hate you… I hate you so much…” she croaked, like she was about to cry but she isn’t. Her hands went directly to my neck, her grip firm and tight, she was meaning to kill me and in any second, I’ll know my place.

 

“W-Why… B-Byul…” I managed to say through the dizziness and pain that outran me, my hands travelled slowly to her own, holding them. I was confused why she was doing this to me, but pain clogged my rational thinking. There was only one thing there, I need her to stop.

 

“S-Stop talking to me!” she shouted, eyes closed shut, and the next thing that happened made me panic, then everything went blank.

 

I bolted right up, sweat trickling on my forehead. My body trembled of the sudden memory of my dream, or more like nightmare. I touched my thigh then my neck as if the feeling was still there, like her hands was really there and she was going to end my life. Moon Byul-Yi wanted to kill me.

 

“Geez, what a great way to start the day…” I lay back on my bed with a harsh release of air, I closed my eyes thinking back to that awful dream and it made me shudder, it was so gruesome.

 

I was in the middle of my thinking zone when my phone rang, interrupting me from my train of thoughts.

 

“Hello? This is Kim Solar speaking, who is this?” what? This is what happens to you after years of working in an office where answering phone calls is necessary, it has become a habit.

 

I heard a chuckle on the other line, and by the sound of her voice I already knew who it was. “What was that unnie? Are you at work right now?” and it was followed by another chuckle.

 

“Ugh… Wheein, please don’t mock me, at least not right now…”

 

“What’s wrong unnie? Didn’t have a good sleep?”

 

“Something like that…” I couldn’t tell her about that dream though, and for the record, she didn’t even know who Byul is yet.

 

“Well, back to the real reason why I called…” there was a few seconds of silence through the line, “Wanna go shopping spree with me and Hwasa?”

 

“It’s Saturday…” I grumbled, the grogginess evident from my voice.

 

There was a static sound on the line, followed by whispered bickering in which I assume are Hwasa and her, what is Hwasa doing on her house? A few more shuffling noises before Wheein decided to speak again.

 

“So? It’s going to be fun, we’ll buy new clothes and we’ll stay there until nighttime!” she said rather excitedly but with a hint of something else, like she was trying not to inform me of something that I’m not suppose to know.

 

Suddenly I remembered today’s date, it was that time of the month. Together with it followed my nightmare that happened to wake me a few moments ago, I shivered at the memory, it was vague now, almost erased from my memory. I guess it was for the better.

 

Wheein’s voice cut me off my train of thoughts, I mumbled a sorry then urged her to continue what she was saying, or about to say I really didn’t hear anything. “We’ll be home by nighttime, don’t worry unnie…”

 

I chuckled at her, “Nighttime Wheein? It’s nine in the morning. You want me to spend my whole day shopping? That’s an estimate of twelve hours you know… and besides, I have important things to do tonight…”

 

“C-Can’t you cancel? Just tonight? Please?”

 

I sighed, I can’t tell them that I’m meeting a jaw dropping, silver haired, wolf every night during a full moon. What would they think of me? And this is Wheein we’re talking about, I could never resist her, it has always been a part of her charm to be that irresistible at times likes this, but I made a promise with her? I can’t just tell her I went shopping and all, the fact that I can only meet her during every full moon.

 

“How about this, I go shopping with you two, but I’m going to be home by at least sev –“

 

“No!” I flinched by the volume of her voice, she can be very loud sometimes. “I-I mean… whoever you’re meeting, I’m sure she’ll understand…”

 

By that time. I knew that staying firm won’t do anything. “Alright, I’m going…” I heard a triumphant yes followed by collision of hands, thinking they just high-fived each other, I shook my head and murmured a goodbye before standing up and stretching my limbs that felt stiffer than ever.

 

After a few cracks emitted from my bones I decided to take a shower and got ready. Maybe if I get home tonight, she’ll still be here waiting, not that I’m assuming that she will but if she did, might as well ask for her phone number so I can contact her even without the full moon card getting in the way.

 

 

 

 

“Look at that! I want that one! Hyejin-ah, let’s take a look at that, please?” I looked their way as I saw Hwasa chuckle at Wheein’s but nodded nevertheless, by the way it looks, it seemed like I’m being the third wheel on a date.

 

 I went my own way and looked at a few clothing stands, remembering how excited Wheein was when we entered the mall, grabbing the hands of both Hwasa’s and mine but soon turned into just her dragging Hwasa around in which the latter didn’t mind at all, they were actually happy. She must’ve really loved her very much.

 

I brushed the thought off and focused on what I was doing, running my hands to fabrics of different sizes and texture until it landed on to something that caught my attention.

 

“This looks like something she would wear…” I mumbled to myself, removing the clothing from the stand to take a better look at it, and I was right, it would be perfect. It was a sweater, blue in color and patterned some sort of checkered design. Since I’m at a mall already, why not make use of it?

 

I grabbed the sweater and paid for it, also buying a paper bag to go with it and make it more presentable to give. I looked around and found no signs of Wheein and Hwasa, looks like they really had the time of their life.

 

It was no time for tantrums so I headed my way, hoping that I might see a strand of them along my stroll. I haven’t reached far from my recent location when I felt someone following me, turning my head only to see no one particularly strange behind me, only people who kept rummaging through every clothing stands.

 

I tried brushing the feeling off but it became constant that it was hard for it to disappear. I whipped my head to the direction once again, a little faster this time and caught sight of someone hiding that soon after – if I guessed correctly – ran away. I tried to run towards the direction but to my dismay, I found no one there.

 

It made me uncomfortable thus resulting in calling Wheein, it rang a few times but no one answered. I tried a few more times and I had the same result. Where are they? I was having a little panic attack that I soon called Hwasa which ended the same with Wheein as well.

 

“How can these two leave me when they were the one who forced me to come with them? Unbelievable…” I ran my hands through my hair and looked around once more, I couldn’t sense anyone staring nor following me anymore and it made me relieved.

 

I continued my stroll and stopped by a fast food chain, I decided to just text both of them of where I am the moment and that I’ll just wait for them here. We’ve been here for almost six hours doing nothing but enter every store that caught their eyes in which I followed suit, not knowing that they were serious of staying here for who knows how long.

 

I waited for a good few minutes, about twenty or so before they popped right in front of me, hand joined and a smile on their faces.

 

“Hi unnie… sorry for leaving you behind, got excited and all…” she laughed at her words.

 

“Oh I know, alright…”

 

Though it was certain that they were happy about something, there was also something on them that I can’t seem to put a finger on.

 

“Where’d you guys go anyways? I’ve waited for so long…”

 

She squirmed with uneasiness which was noticeable by her distance from me, and if ever Hwasa had a part on whatever Wheein was not telling me, she sure was doing pretty damn well on putting up her façade. “W-We just went somewhere… it wasn’t much really, don’t think about it too much.” She smiled and nudged Hwasa, implying to help her or whatever, in return, Hwasa only repeated what Wheein had said.

 

“Yup, we just went somewhere, it’s nothing unnie, don’t sweat it.”

 

“So you left me for almost thirty minutes for something that’s not that important?” I wasn’t mad or anything, I would never get mad at these two. I just decided to tease them a little.

 

“Oh, come on… we’re really sorry…” Wheein pleaded without having her hands leave Hwasa’s, isn’t that adorable.

 

I just grinned at them and giggled soon after, earning me a weird look before actually telling them that I was just having fun. We walked away from the food chain and seeing their still joined hands, I decided to tease them about it till I got tired of it, but enjoyed the blush on their faces every time I mention it, yet they never broke away from each other.

 

We stayed around for about a few more hours doing nothing but stroll, eat and stroll again, satisfied with what I bought already. I could’ve gotten home earlier but Wheein wouldn’t allow me to, so by the time I got home, it was already 8:30, well at least I was earlier by thirty minutes and I did enjoy my time with them.

 

 

 

 

 

I was in front of my front door and I rummaged through my back looking for my keys, when I finally had it, I looked around looking for her and saw no one, maybe she waited for me outside, or…

 

“Is she inside? Did she use the window?” I didn’t mind really if she was inside, but made me conscious and uncomfortable still, though she has been inside my house twice already, there are still things that I wouldn’t want her to see.

 

I looked at my windows and breathed sigh of relief seeing that they were locked and still the way they were when I left them. But being a little sure, I hurriedly went in my house and looked around, the kitchen, bathroom and lastly the bedroom, but saw no signs of her being there.

 

I opened my windows enough to let in a breeze. I lay on my bed and stopped myself from thinking too much, it’s not like she comes early…

 

“But she does come early… it was only me who comes home late at night…” I was about to get up when suddenly, the window opened hard, making the edges bump onto the concrete and make a loud thumping sound which made me squeal and sit back on my bed, the night breeze getting in strong, making the curtains sway violently.

 

My heart beating fast due to shock, and with trembling fingers, I reached for the window to close them, but I found myself thrown back to bed when a few swiftly entered my property. An argentine colored fur announcing its entrance before turning into a figure of a woman.

 

“Oh my, Byul! Don’t scare me like that!” I wasn’t able to control my voice, I was in a state of shock and panic, who could blame me.

 

She laughed lightly before heading to the windows and closing them herself, then she went towards me, to sit on my bed and by surprise, to hold me firmly but caringly on my hands, I can tell just by how she has this apologetic smile on her face and her thumb rubbing the back part of it.

 

“Sorry Yongsun…”

 

I shook my head with a held back giggle, “You know, I’ve heard a lot of apologies today…” I laughed just by remembering what happened the whole day.

 

She raised a brow at me but disregarded it soon. “So, were you waiting for so long?” I felt her tense by my question which weird me out since I don’t see anything wrong of what I asked.

 

She relaxed by the second and answered with a, “No, I didn’t. Actually, I just got here, and good thing the windows were opened.” I wasn’t fully satisfied by her answer but it’ll do, since my body and mind – unconsciously – has been longing for her presence and warmth, that I didn’t notice I’ve hugged her which she returned gladly, her scent making its way to my nostrils and her silky hair smoothing along my cheeks.

 

“I-I missed you…” it was barely audible but I made sure she heard them, it was true.

 

“I missed you too, Yongsun. Oh, how much I’ve missed you…” her hug on me tightens and we stayed like that for minutes, simply enjoying each other’s warmth, before we broke apart to tell what happened to our daily life. I’ve gotten more comfortable by her presence more than ever, my nightmare long forgotten and only her softness and caring side remains.

 

We talked all night, giggled at each other’s jokes, though there was that time where she became tensed once again when I told her about Wheein and Hwasa leaving me alone, but rather than that, I merely savored the moment of her being with me, until like any other past nights. She would have to leave once again, and like how she would always do it, she would cradle me to sleep before completely leaving and promising that she’ll be back again.

 

<><><><>

 

Finally xD an update for like, how many months?? My laptop battery was full when I decided to finish writing the draft for this chapter, by the time I'm don, it's already battery low, I'm shookt xD Any way, hope you enjoy this update of mine, and there's one thing I noticed when I'm updating, after updating a chapter I become brain dead xD

alright, bye now, and see you on the next full moon~~ :D