2nd Full Moon

Full Moon

Read the author's note below, juseyo~

<><>

2nd Full Moon

 

Tiring. I bore my eyes to the screen and to the loads of paper works dropped on my table. It was simply too much and yet I couldn’t complain, I needed this anyways. It’s been a month already and I still can’t shake my mind off to what happened that night. Was it real? Or was it just a dream, another pigment of my imagination?

 

Maybe I was tired, but what happened felt too real to be a dream, and I do hope it was real. Apart from the danger brought by such situation, I wanted it to be real, to see her again just like she promised. I did say that I would wait for her. Moon Byul-Yi, such name suits her best, she did shine like the moon.

 

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn’t notice my boss approach me.

 

“Ms. Kim, I would appreciate it very much if you would stop day dreaming while you work.” That annoying voice, it was deep too but I didn’t like this one at all.

 

“Sorry Sr. Choi, it won’t happen again…”

 

“It better not.” And another load of papers that’s needed to be signed were dumped on the current pile, like it couldn’t get any worse.

 

I closed my eyes and exhaled a long agonizing sigh, tiring. I composed myself for the better before staring back at the screen, running my hands along the keys of the key board, it’s been automatic, I’ve been so used to it that I didn’t feel as much excited like I did when I first got the job that I longed to have.

 

Minutes turned to hours, I only had to stop working when Wheein tapped me by the shoulder.

 

“Unnie, aren’t you going to take a break? Here…” a cup of coffee was handed to me, warm, perfect.

 

“Oh, Wheein, thanks…” I took a sip and engulf myself to the warm sensation that drowns my throat, I needed this. “Where’s Hwasa? Haven’t seen her for a while…”

 

She chuckled, “That’s because you’re too busy with those, Yongsun unnie. Hwasa went out for a bit, we’re going out tonight.” Blame my boss for those piles of papers that could’ve been used for something else. But wait, tonight?

 

“You two are going out? Tonight?” I can’t help but worry, it was an unpleasant memory. Just imagining these two to experience the same thing trickles terror through my skin.

 

“Yes, Hwasa knows how much I love it whenever the full moon comes, so that’s why…” full moon, its tonight? Placing my cup down, I hurriedly looked at my calendar, it’s clear. It’s a full moon tonight, does this mean she’s coming? I’m going to see her again? “Is there something wrong unnie?”

 

I barely snapped at the thought. “H-Huh? N-no, there’s nothing wrong. Just be careful you two, you know how it is when night comes.”

 

She giggled, sipping from her coffee cup then smiling once again. “Don’t worry about us unnie, we’ve been doing this for a long time.” Save me the worry then. “Oh, I’ll go now, my break’s done.”

 

I waved goodbye and watched her as she heads back to her own table. With the last drop, the cup was then thrown to the trash bin next to me. I stretched my limbs before continuing the shed loads that felt like forever to finish. It was another day for Kim Yongsun to go home late tonight.

 

                                                                           |O|

 

Rather excitedly, the two young employees went ahead of me, Wheein and Hwasa, how nice is it for them. With the last single press on my key board, the work for today was done. I let out a yawn before fixing everything and setting things aside, I grabbed my bag and bid goodbye to those who are left before completely heading out to the building.

 

The wintry breeze welcomed me the moment I stepped out of the door, passing through the surface of my skin making tiny hairs stand. Placing my hands on my pockets, I walked, though still a little bit terrified walking at this hour, I felt somehow secure since it’s a full moon tonight. She’ll be here.

 

As the night gets deep, I neared my home, yet she’s still nowhere in sight. I stopped a few steps and scoped my surrounding hoping that I’ll see her, but to no avail. I felt somehow disappointed, she dared to promise, but she didn’t come.

 

I turned a heel and continued walking towards my apartment, the instance that I placed my hands on the door knob, I felt something behind me. Too afraid to look back, I stayed frozen in place, not until a woman’s voice broke out, her breath converging with my skin.

 

“Looking for me?”

 

I turned around in a jiffy, I may have looked pathetic then as she mirrors my expression, and nevertheless she looked beautiful still. I gulped a lump in my throat, my fingers partially shaking due to a moment of fear, but calming down the second she holds them as she smiles. “It’s cold Yongsun, let’s get in.” the next thing I knew, she was leading me inside my own house with her soft and warm hands together with excitement and that gentle smile.

 

We got inside, heading to the living room, her hand still connected with mine, I didn’t mind it one bit. She herself was the one to break the contact as she hurriedly jumps on the couch with a grin plastered on her face.

 

“Someone’s happy to be on a couch.”

 

She then stops jumping and sits properly before clearing . “It’s not that… I’m just happy to be here, I can see your face again…” back at it with the greasy lines once more. I ignored her though the blush on my cheeks were clearly visible, I went upstairs to change my clothes, completely oblivious that she was following me then, her footsteps are barely heard after all.

 

I left the door open, used to living alone, it became such a habit, a bad habit. My clothes were completely discarded on the floor before I could even notice eyes that were staring right at me, as I grabbed my clothes, my eyes caught a certain person’s reflection on the mirror peeking through my bedroom door, with her eyes gleamed shades of intense blue. I squealed so loud that I think I’ve used all of my vocals, not minding the neighbors.

 

Hearing me shout, she snapped, the color on her eyes disappearing as she hurriedly closed the door and mutters multiple apologies like a mantra, as for me I stayed still, my whole body warm from both embarrassment and something else. In a swift, I put some clothes on and hurried getting out.

 

To my surprise she was still there, what tickled my heart is how she’s on her knees with her head hung low.

 

“Byul…” she snapped her head up, her eyes wide.

 

“Oh my, Yongsun-ah I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to do it! I swear I didn’t see anything at all! I promise, so I’m very, very sorry Yongsun-ah!” I could only chuckle at the sight, she’s too cute to be true, oh Byul…

 

I reached for her and shuffled her hair, those enticing silver colored locks. At first I thought she might get annoyed with what I did thus my sudden retraction from her hair, but turns out, she actually likes it.

 

“Do that again…” she stood up then taking my hand and placing it on top of her head.

 

“Do what?”

 

“Pat me again, it feels nice…” and so I did, she was smiling as I do so, she enjoyed it very much that it took us a few minutes before we went down to do whatever, I didn’t know what to do with her anyways.

 

I opened the fridge, preparing something for me to eat due to a hectic day. I turned around only to be shocked after seeing Byul standing right behind me, I didn’t even hear her.

 

“God, you scared me! Byul!” I had my hands clenching on my chest.

 

“Sorry…” she smiled apologetically.

 

“Make some noise when you approach me ok? Don’t scare me like that…” I went straight to the kitchen counter to prepare the ingredients and she followed.

 

“I didn’t mean it… anyway, what are you doing?” she peeked through my shoulder, she was very close, even closer our faces would be touching.

 

I looked away in attempt to calm my heart that was beating rapidly, clearing my throat in between. “I’m cooking, I’m hungry and tired…”

 

“Tired?” I heard her say. The next second, I was being lifted. I yelped, dropping whatever was in my hands in my surprise. She was carrying me with ease, like she isn’t a woman herself, she managed to get a hold of my weight.

 

“Put me down Byul! What are you doing?!” my hands kept hold around her neck tightly with the fear of falling down, she was heading back to the living room.

 

“If you’re tired, you should rest.”

 

“I told you I’m hungry, I need to cook.” I glared at her, which failed miserably since she didn’t even flinch, like it has no effect to her at all.

 

“You look y like that, but please don’t glare at me…” and she just had to say it. Gently, she placed me down the couch and prevented me from standing up. “…stay here, I’ll cook for you. Take a rest, okay?” she turned around and I just gazed at her now retreating figure as she heads towards the kitchen.

 

                                                                             |O|

 

A luscious smell woke me up, I was too tired that I had fallen asleep on the couch where I waited for Byul. Fluttering my eyes open, it was hard to ignore a certain smell coming from the kitchen, too tempting to pay no heed to.

 

I made my way to the kitchen, stopping my tracks as I reached the entrance, and from there I saw Moonbyul. Her back was turned to mine, her silver hair tied in a pony tail revealing her perfect neckline. She was so focused to the point that it looked attractive, testing the taste of the food she was preparing, I didn’t notice that I have been scrutinizing her too much that I became lost.

 

Smiling on my own, I was snapped in my train of thoughts when I heard her chuckle. I blinked my eyes only to find out that she’s looking at mine, close to me and bent down for she’s a little bit taller. Have I been staring too much for me not to notice her to even move? I backed in away in shock, almost losing my balance if it weren’t for her who caught me in time.

 

“Woah, I got you…” her hands around my waist, “You okay? The food’s ready, want to eat?” she smiled, can she be even more attractive than she already is? It was hard to explain but I’ve never met someone in my whole years of living whom I find attractive in a few times of seeing them, this was surely a first.

 

“I’m okay, thanks…”

 

“No problem, let’s go.”

 

I sat on the chair since she insisted that she would set up the meal for me, for both of us. I looked at her and just how she professionally puts up the plates and sets the table up perfectly. “So wolves cook, Byul?”

 

“Hm? Why’d you say so?”

 

“It looks like you’ve been doing this for a long time…”

 

“To be honest, I do… I mean, we all do. Just because we’re ‘not’ actually human, doesn’t mean we don’t do the lifestyle. We still get in touch with humans you know, but of course minus the fact of them knowing that we’re wolves, since that wouldn’t end well.” She sat down on a chair just beside me, and I nodded in response, understanding what she meant by it wouldn’t well.

 

I eyed the food that’s right in front of me, my mouth gets watery just by staring at it, seeing how it actually steams and contrasts in color. Amazing, how a simple egg rice and chicken soup could be this appetizing. “This looks good…”

 

“Dig in, be my guest…”

 

“Don’t mind if I do, thanks Byul…”

 

She flashed a charming smile before holding on with her own spoon, and so did I. Feeling hungry already, I took bite after bite, savoring the rich taste of the meal. The warm exquisite feeling that plays on my mouth, how is she such a good cook too, and it’s just egg and rice?

 

“This is so good Byul”

 

“Thanks, I wanted to make something else, but that’s the only ingredient on your fridge…” she chuckled, well excuse me for practically living at my work.

 

“I know, I better go get some groceries soon or I might starve myself to death.”

 

“Yeah, you do that.”

 

There were a few minutes of silence, silence settling between comfortable and awkward. Only the clattering of utensils is ever heard, even her having a hard time conversing with me, there was nothing much to talk about.

 

“Byul…” I trailed, my spoon swirling around the now cold soup.

 

“Hm? What is it?” she stopped for a brief moment then back to eating again.

 

“You do know that I’m actually spooked about all this… right?”

 

She placed her spoon down before smiling, turning to my direction with her eyes locked with mine. “I know…”

 

“So… uhm, I don’t know how to say this, but… why…” a part of me felt afraid, hands shaking in mild fear, afraid of what might happen if I continue talking, that I might say something she didn’t like and that I could be good as dead right at my dining room. “…did you come here…?”

 

Her lips formed a smile, and a chuckle escaped from her lips, for a moment I felt relieved. “I did promise, didn’t I?”

 

“Yes, I know. The question is, why would you even comeback?”

 

Setting her plate aside, she laid her head to her hands, resting it there as she continues to look at me. “Because I want to…”

 

“O-Ok, but why?”

 

“I have my reasons, Yongsun…” by this point, my hands had gotten clammy, this conversation being within her total control.

 

“S-Should I worry about your reason? S-Should I be scared?”

 

Her eyes suddenly shifted to the enchanting color of blue, a sharp and short gasp breaks out from my lips, seeing the way she stares at me with such eyes made me feel intimidated, afraid… but she set all those feelings aside.

 

She sat up straight, her hands immediately placed on my shoulders, which made me flinch due to the heavy and foreign touch.“God, no…” stern. “I have told you before, I would never hurt you! I never plan to…” sincere.

 

 Slowly, her hand loosens, her eyes turning to their original color, or was it? I exhaled, realizing that I’ve held my breath for a couple of seconds. “Okay…”

 

Still in trance, I didn’t notice her standing up, pressing a soft kiss on my forehead. When I did notice, I stayed still, immersing myself to the warm and tender feeling. No idea on whatever is on her mind, what she wants or what it meant. I simply enjoyed the embrace as it lasts.

 

                                                                         |O|

 

Barely having anything else to do, we both ended up on my bed after the meal. I didn’t know where such comfort came from, having someone I hardly knew step and hang out on my own house, moreover my bedroom.

 

With someone like her, personal space almost never existed.

 

“Will I only get to see you every full moon?”

 

“Actually, I can come here every day… but full moon is just the perfect time.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“Firstly, since we co-exist with humans, I too have something to be busy with, and the other reason is that, me meeting you is being limited.”

 

“You have a job? You must be very famous then, with your looks and all…”

 

She giggled, “Wow, thanks for the compliments, appreciate it. And yes, I do have a job… I think, but I don’t live alone like this, like you. Let’s just say that I live somewhere secluded, and there are people there preventing me from going out if not necessary…” she looked at my window, the bright moon in its fullest form boasting its beauty.

 

“You’re hanging out with me…”

 

“Thanks for pointing that out, Captain Obvious.” I laughed a little, humor. “They don’t have a problem with me going out…

 

“… if they don’t know when and where I’m going.” She grinned.

 

“They?” this time, I scooted closer to hers. Her overwhelming warmth radiating to me, perfect enough to oppose the cold breeze that went pass my now open windows.

 

“Yup, Alpha wolves, old wolves, grannies or whatever you call them, the fact is that they’re old.” She laughed and I joined her.

 

“But you said you’re an alpha too, does that mean you’re old?” I teased.

 

“No…” amused, the look on her face was too funny to bear. “…I’m not old, they’re way older. I’m the youngest…”

 

“Okay.”

 

She hummed in response. I sat properly on the edge of the bed, sitting just right beside her, feeling the warm sensation from her. It was too comfortable to ignore, she didn’t seem to mind as she shifts even closer to me, her head resting on my shoulder.

 

“You’re warm Yongsun…”

 

“You’re warmer…”

 

“Yongsun?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“You’ll wait for me again right?” my heart stopped for a second, the anticipation clear from her voice.

 

“…Yes…”

 

The night was getting even deeper, my eyes felt heavier by the minute. My eyes closed and hands clutching on her clothes, I didn’t actually know when I fell asleep, but the only feeling remains on how her hands took hold of me before I completely succumb to the darkness that engulfed me.

 

By the time I woke up, she was gone. Only a promise is left to connect us until the next full moon comes.

 

<><>

 

Okay, just a little heads up for you who are reading this story... I have a beginning and an ending in mind for this story, the only problem is that I'm having  a hard time connecting point A to point B, so the only probabilities are, I might not finish this story or it may take me a long time to update a chapter. Hopefully, I won't do the first option since it's been  a dream of mine to finish an on going story. But nevertheless, I'll still try my best :D