1st Full Moon

Full Moon

1st Full Moon

 

 

9:15 in the evening. Surely when I thought that I could home early today my boss had other plans for me. Giving me paper works after paper works every hour, and when I thanked the heavens for finishing those, another pile of reports were slammed on my table.

 

I could count it as if my boss was abusing me, or he’s got the jolt to have me as his target for today. Well, I couldn’t complain anyway, for this was my job.

 

I always go home late at night, it became part of my routine that I didn’t bother changing it anymore, but didn’t mean that I wouldn’t want to be home early for once. Overnights or not, still I enjoyed my working hours, did make some friends with my colleagues, Wheein and Hyejin.

 

“Not done yet Yongsun unnie?”

 

“Not yet, I’m going to finish this up then I’ll be going too”

 

“Ok, we’ll head out first, be careful”

 

I stayed for about two more hours, touching up everything I need before completely leaving. I took my time, it was pretty late anyways, and the moment I smelled fresh air and felt that nightly breeze brush my skin, I decided that it’s a good idea to walk my way home.

 

Being used to the night life, I grew fond of nights like these, not bothered by my constant shivers, or that eerie feeling every time I pass somewhere dark and secluded. It was that, and the latter, which is the feeling that eyes were always watching me, especially at times where the moon is at its brightest peak. It may sound ridiculous to others but it’s just how I’ve felt for all those times I’ve been going on at late nights.

 

I used to be scared whenever nighttime comes, well, very scared. Remembering how my mom used to tell me that before darkness comes, I should be back home or that before the clock strikes midnight especially with the moon in its fullest form should be a warning for me, for that’s when the monster which glows of glimmering silver would appear and take me away.

 

Oblivious of the truth and what’s not for having a child’s mind, I believed everything my mom said that very day. I’m still having the dilemma of that day, but not like how it used to be. I’m now a grown woman so those kinds of things never bothered me anymore. What intrigued me though is how I vaguely remembered how beautiful that monster would be if I ever see it, pertaining to how my mother described it, it must be one elegant creature, but of course, it’s not going to happen.

 

This night is one of a kind, the moon in all it could offer, with white lining that shimmers and presents its perfect form for everyone to see. A little more walking then I’ll be home, but decided to stop to admire one of God’s greatest creation. I stared at it, my eyes glued to its beauty that radiates everywhere; I was at my verge of appreciation when I heard an unfamiliar howl.

 

It sounded dangerous to me, too dangerous, that I had to unconsciously blink my eyes multiple times, and the moment I’m aware, I’m already running. The nervousness, impossible to hide, and sweat that trickled from my forehead seemed to be getting larger in numbers. This was the first time, the first time in months I’ve done this; that I’ve walked through this same street and heard something that could make me run for my life.

 

I could’ve thought that it could be some stray dog, but there’s something in that howl that sounded uncanny, terrifying and, deathly.

 

Running where my house is located with every heave of my breath, not even knowing what I was exactly running away from, but I did. Just one more turn from here then I’m safe, that’s what I thought. But ‘it’ proved me wrong.

 

I thought I was going crazy,

 

For seeing a wolf, three of them to be exact,

 

Whose out and wild, roaming and frenzy.

 

I felt like a statue from where I stood, staring right in front of wild animals that stared back at me. The only difference is how I looked in fear, in them are like devouring a prey. My legs jelly, and my eyes warming up soon ready to shed a tear.

 

I was prepared to scream for help but nothing came out, I became mute there and then.

 

In a second, all three was running towards me, all my strength drained that I completely fell down to the ground, ready to face death that’s supposed to come for me, supposed to.

 

Growls, cries, and voices. With my eyes closed and my body trembling in fear, the pain that I expected to come didn’t hit me, instead I felt a huge wave of relief, the moment I opened my eyes is when I knew the reason, and I thought I couldn’t get crazier that day.

 

There were humans in front of, no, there were wolves turning in a form of a human in front of me, there’s four of them now. Having the aftershock still, I couldn’t completely process what was going on in front of me, all that I faintly remember is how the new person who came, a woman dressed in somewhat casual clothes, with silver tresses that somehow glowed like how the moon ever would was beating the hell out of the others, I was relieved.

 

Relieved even more, when I saw her approached me, I knew I was supposed to be scared but my body became too weak from fear to scare myself even more.

 

One sentence came out from , I was too weak to hear, and then everything went black.

 

“Don’t dare come near this human again…”

 

                                                                                           |O|

 

 

The sun rose and I felt my eyes sting as the rays trespasses my window sills, making its way to my eyes. Opening them slowly and getting them used to the sudden invasion of light, only for me to remember that I am inside my room. How?

 

I remember pieces of what happened last night, barely. Could it be a dream? But it felt too real to even be one. Just remembering that scenario, from the deadly eyes and teeth that could’ve ripped me there and then made my insides liquefy and my body to tremble in fear once again.

 

My heart pounded like its wanting to come off my chest, the feeling was excruciating and it made me sick just imagining what could’ve possibly happened next if…?

 

Then I remembered her. The woman whom I think saved me, but I couldn’t be so sure, she is one of them anyways. But what makes me wonder is how is it that creatures like them still co-exists with us in this century? I was thinking for more, that I didn’t notice my bedroom door open and someone entering it, and when I did, things didn’t go well.

 

“Are you feeling alright now?” I flinched from where I laid, hearing the owner of the voice, husky and deep for a woman to own. It was her, I may have been hazy from the last few moments last night, but I wouldn’t forget that silver hair, her hair looked very enchanting. “Yongsun-ssi?”

 

I snapped from my trance, how did she know my name? My eyes narrowed to hers as I glared but didn’t have any effect on her either way, there was a part of me that admires her beauty, but there’s also a part saying that I should be scared because she’s one of them, and I am, and heck I am.

 

My fingers gripped the sheets until my knuckles turned white, she was looking at me with her eyes that shined the color of the ocean. It was both intimidating and a pleasurable to look at, it was searching and I was afraid to be searched by them, like it could see everything.

 

I was afraid that I think I would cry, at first she was just standing there, staring. But as if she got tired from all of it, she approached me, and I felt all my hair stand. My tears where ready to burst and it didn’t help when she jumped on me, like what could’ve been done to me last night.

 

Is this her plan all along? To save me from them so that she could have me? So that she could kill me herself? Was it this all along?

 

I was pinned down my own bed with her above, straddling me, and I’m sure by now that my tears were streaming down my face. She was holding me by the wrist, it was so tight that I think I would bruise, but thought that it didn’t matter because I would die anyway.

 

I closed my eyes, anticipating a bite, a scratch, anything alike as I grunt in pain that’s being subdued from my wrist, but no, there’s nothing. What happened next is something that I didn’t expect.

 

Her hold on me loosens as if in a hurry, but I remained in that position for she’s still on top of me. I slowly opened my eyes to see what she’s going to do and it shocked me, her face is so close to mine that her breath trickled to my cheeks, it sent unexplainable feelings through my body. I was about to fight in struggle to set loose when suddenly, I felt her lips touch my cheeks.

 

I stayed frozen. When I thought she would remain still, it travelled up to the corner of my eye, following the trail of my own tears, like she was drying them, or was she?

 

I didn’t know the reason why but I felt secure and weak under her actions, like not wanting them to go on but not wanting them to stop either, I don’t know her for freak’s sake! It made me confused, until she finally spoke.

 

“I didn’t mean to scare you, I panicked ok? I saw fear in your eyes and I didn’t know what to do since I don’t deal with things like this very well…” with that smile on her face that crinkled her nose in the process, and for the love of Gods was she beautiful.

 

I blinked a couple times and cleared my throat, reminding her of the position we’re in, that she seemed to have caught what I meant when she immediately moved away, sitting on my bed, while I sat properly in front of her.

 

“I-It’s n-no –“ and I couldn’t say it. Even if I wanted to say it, that it was nothing and that I was fine I couldn’t, because I’m not. I was so afraid, I thought I was on the verge of death, I thought I was going to die, and it amazed me how she saw right through this.

 

It was so quick that I couldn’t keep up, the next second her hands were cupping my face, thumbs preventing further tears to fall and her eyes formed in a frown that voices worry, who was this girl that she shows so much in front of me?

 

“Don’t cry Yongsun-ah” so tender, so calm, and so caring, how those words came out from . Who is this girl that knew me when I don’t even know her? Who is this girl that isn’t normal – that isn’t human – that suddenly turned up one night and saved me, because why.

 

“I-I was so afraid…!” I let myself out in front of her, crying and not caring if I didn’t know her, for if there’s anyone I could talk to right now, it was her.

 

“I know… I know… and I’m sorry.” The next thing I knew, she was hugging me, and she was very warm, warmer than anyone that I’ve hugged before.

 

“I t-thought I w-was going to die…!” my grip on her clothes tightens, my face buried on the her neck, I didn’t care anymore, she’s comforting, that’s what’s important.

 

Her hug tightens. “But you’re not Yongsun-ah, I’m here… and I won’t let anything happen to you.” No idea of the reason why, but the second I heard her say those words, I believed them.

 

<><>

A/N: Please bear with this xD I don't really know what I'm doing anymore, haha. Your comments boosts me to write more ^_^