Kiss

One Year

Yoona was quietly browsing through the internet with a laptop on her lap. She was sitting on a sofa in the living room. She saw Taeyang and Yuri sitting next to each other as they continued to watch television. Yoona acted like herself when Seunghyun was there, but Yuri noticed that when Seunghyun was home, she would be quiet and completely ignore him. Yoona looked up from her laptop as she saw the door open. She saw Seunghyun holding a brief case. She looked down again at her laptop and continued to chat with Jessica. Jessica was still spazzing about Jaebeom and how serious they were getting. Yoona said goodbye to Jessica and she closed her laptop. It had been one month since Yoona snapped at Seunghyun. For one whole month, she had been ignoring him and sleeping in the guest bedroom just to avoid him. It seemed that the more Yoona ignored him, the more willing he was to get her attention.

Seunghyun looked stern as he looked at both Yuri and Taeyang. The two then left the room and went to the kitchen. Seunghyun still didn’t approve of their relationship together. Seunghyun walked over to Yoona and sat next to her. He was surprised as he saw Yoona roll her eyes. Seunghyun was even more surprised to see that Yoona was finally showing. She was finally starting to look like she was pregnant.

“So, you’re finally starting to look pregnant,” he stated.

Yoona snorted, “Are you trying to say that I look fat?!”

“NO, NO! I’m not saying that! I was just saying that you’re starting to show. Your stomach is finally growing and you look, well, uh—blooming,” Seunghyun defended, “How many months are you now?”

“You dimwit, I’m already four months. That’s what I hate about you! You don’t even know how many months I am and this is your child. I bet you don’t know when my birthday is. I bet that you wouldn’t even remember our baby’s birthday!” Yoona pointed a finger.

Yoona stood up from the sofa and was about to head out to her bedroom. She put her house slippers on was already on her feet.

“May 30,” Seunghyun uttered.

“What did you say?” Yoona asked as she looked back at him.

“May 30 is your birthday,” Seunghyun said as Yoona stood aback with shock.

“You hate eating onions, you hate it when people treat you like a little kid, and you hate it when you’re ignored. You love receiving little thoughtful gifts, you like shopping for cheaper and more comfortable clothes, and sometimes you care more about other people than yourself. Your favorite color is blue and you’ll eat anything with chocolate in it. You also hate it when people tickle you because you feel like you can’t breathe and it hurts,” Seunghyun continued.

“How’d you know so many things about me?” Yoona asked.

“I learned a lot from what you say and do through these past few months,” Seunghyun shrugged his shoulders.

Later on that day, Yoona went to visit Jessica at her home.

“Jessica, I swear that this is so weird! I have a plan that I made with Siwon, but I can’t keep mad at him like how I planned with how he’s acting! Siwon’s going to be disappointed in me! It’s just that he’s doing little actions that make me go in awe. He told me all kinds of facts about me and they were all true. I didn’t know he knew anything about me. And do you know what he did last week? He kissed me on the cheek before he went to work! Two days ago, he cooked breakfast for me! Yesterday, he found out that I was craving pasta from a restaurant fifty miles away and he drove all the way there to get it for me! What the hell is wrong with him?” Yoona questioned.

“He’s starting to display the love that he has for you. Believe it or not, Choi Yoona, the man is in love with you,” Jessica told her.

“No, he’s not. He’s probably still in love with Hara. Goodness, I hate that woman,” Yoona cursed.

“I have one question: is he still seeing that girl?” Jessica asked.

Yoona sighed, “Yes, he is.”

Yoona knew that Seunghyun was the most complicated man in her whole life. Yoona looked at the clock and saw that it was already past ten. She said goodbye to Jessica as she turned off her phone and went under the covers. She slept for about two hours until she heard scratching against her window. She quickly woke up and looked at the window. She saw that nothing was there. She shut her eyes tight and tried to get back to sleep, but the noise just didn’t stop. Her final straw was pulled after she heard cries from outside the house. To Yoona, it sounded like a woman sobbing. Yoona looked out the window and saw a woman pop out with her hair to her face. Yoona immediately started to cry and ran into Seunghyun’s room. To Yoona’s surprise, she saw Seunghyun writing in a notebook as she ran in. It was already midnight and he was still awake.

“Seunghyun, help me please!” Yoona cried, “There’s a monster trying to eat me!”

Seunghyun thought she was being absurd. Monsters weren’t real. Why was a full grown woman crying to her husband that she was angry about over a ‘monster’ she seen? Seunghyun chuckled as he saw her jump onto the bed and hide under the blanket. Seunghyun took the blanket off of her and continued to laugh at her.

“There is no monster in the house!” he assured her.

“Well, the monster is actually a woman and she’s not in the house. She was actually out my window but she was still scary! There’s a trespasser in the property!” Yoona yelled.

Seunghyun stood up and led her to the guest bedroom. He then looked out the window and saw nothing but a bunch of rose bushes and grass. He looked at her with skepticism. She was probably seeing things. He saw her shyly entering the room. In a flash, Seunghyun jumped as he heard lightning crackle through the dark sky. He screamed, which caused Yoona to scream. The duo ended up running to their original bedroom and under the covers.

In the morning…

Yoona woke up as her eyelids opened slowly. She completely forgot that she was sleeping next to Seunghyun. She saw Seunghyun sleeping like a bear next to her. She sighed as she threw the covers off of her body and stood up. She went into her closet and pulled out a pair of jeans and a sweater. She saw the weather outside and it looked chilly. She put on some sneakers as she walked out of the bedroom with her phone in her hand. After she shut the door, she heard her phone ring in her hand. She looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Siwon.

“Hello?” she greeted.

“Yoona, you’re going to meet up with me, right?”

“Yes, Siwon; I am going to your house in a few minutes,” Yoona answered as she hung up.

Yoona took the key to the black BMW hanging on the wall as she put her hood on and her glasses pushed up against her eyes. She went into the car and drove off to Siwon’s house. She knew that Seunghyun was going to be angry at her, but he was doing the same exact thing to her. He was seeing Hara, so it was only rightful that she sees Siwon on her own freewill. She was soon in front of Siwon’s house. She saw him waving at her. She waved back with a big smile. He ran up to her and gave her a friendly hug.

“So, how has things been with Seunghyun? Did you break it to him?” he asked.

“Yup, I told him that I was planning on marrying you after my divorce with him. He kind of threw a fit, but he’ll get over it, but Siwon, I kind of messed up our plans. I slept next to him again last night,” Yoona confessed.

“Yoona, we made an agreement! You need to ignore him, be mean, so that—,” Siwon was cut off.

He heard an obnoxiously loud driver screeching through the streets. He put his head down as he heard the red Lamborghini race through the streets. He saw the car park quickly as Seunghyun came out of the racecar. Yoona was a bit speechless to see that he was in his work suit. He had his tie and everything. He was on his way and she could tell that he found out that she went to Siwon’s and he turned around and went to Siwon’s house. Seunghyun sighed as he saw that Siwon held Yoona’s hand.

“Yoona, why do you keep on doing this to me?” he asked.

Yoona couldn’t say anything. She knew that she was going to speak too much and spill everything.

“She’s doing this because she loves me,” Siwon interjected.

Yoona was once again speechless. She didn’t know what to say, and she was scared. Seunghyun approached them and took Yoona away from Siwon. He led her to the red Lamborghini and shut the door.

“You can take her away for now, but she’ll always be mine,” Siwon promised as Seunghyun walked over to the driver’s seat.

“Yoona, what the hell are you thinking? Why are you going to his house?” Seunghyun asked angrily.

Yoona stared out the window and saw that Seunghyun was driving at a slow speed. Yoona continued to gaze. She just didn’t want to talk to him. She didn’t want to talk to anybody, but she knew that she was going to end up arguing with him. She sighed.

“What did you expect me to do then?” she asked.

“I expected you to act like you’re pregnant and just stay at home! How hard is it to stay at home? It’s not that bad!” he ranted.

“It’s not as easy as it seems,” Yoona whispered.

“What are you talking about? It’s not hard to do nothing! It’s hard being me. I have to work, support the whole family, and I have to run a billion dollar company!” he complained.

“You know, I wish that you were in my shoes—even for a minute. I wish you could feel how I feel whenever you tell a lie to my face. I wish you were in my place when I found out that I was pregnant and that it was with my brother’s enemy. I wish you were me when I see you with Hara. I just can’t take it anymore. Siwon’s my only haven. He’s the one that reminds me that everything’s going to be alright. He’s the one that tells me that I’m a good person and because of that, my life is going to go down in ruins like I think it will. You know, you’re my husband, but I feel like he’s more of a husband than you are. It just hurts me to see that this baby isn’t your main priority. I can understand why I’m not a main priority in your life, but I expected you to at least care about the baby—or please, just act like you care?!” Yoona yelled.

“I do care about the baby!” Seunghyun defended.

“That’s all bull!” Yoona screamed, “You blew off seeing the baby in more than one doctor’s appointment to take your little girlfriend shopping! Why can’t you understand that this is your baby? This baby will be your own blood and flesh!”

“Yoona, why are you changing the subject? It was about you leaving the house and being with other men when you’re pregnant! It’s not about me,” he said.

“I’m married to you though and because you are, you’re a part of everything in my life!” Yoona started to cry.

Seunghyun could hear her voice getting shaky and he just hated it when she cried. He parked the car next to the side and stopped the car’s engine. They needed to talk and he wanted to hear everything.

“What are you talking about, Yoona?” Seunghyun questioned as he parked the car to the side.

“I’m talking about how big of a part you are in my life. I know that you don’t love me, but I love you! I think it’s only because I’m married to you and you’re the father of my child, but it doesn’t matter why I love you because the only thing that matters is that I actually love you! You’re such a complete to me and I still love you! You left me hanging and I still love you! You made me cry so many times, but I freaking love you. I just hate that you’re doing this to me! I hate you, Choi Seunghyun; I just hate you!” Yoona yelled as she got out of the car.

Seunghyun immediately followed her out of the car. He saw that she was crying truthfully. Of course, he was hurt when she said that she thought he didn’t love her. He did love her; it was just that he was horrible at showing it. He hugged her from behind as he rested his face on her shoulder. His hands were on her stomach as he felt the baby. His heartbeat began to quicken. Yoona’s tears were staining his sleeves, but he didn’t care.

“Yoona, don’t think that. I’m doing my best, but I’m not a perfect man. I’m sorry that I’m not there for you most of the time, but don’t ever think that I don’t care about the baby—or you because I care about you both. You two are my world and you two are the two most important people in my life,” he promised.

Yoona didn’t know if she could believe what he was saying or not. Her mind was telling her to ignore what he was saying, but her heart was ordering her to soak in every word and love him. She just ended up crying even more. She put her face on his chest as she began to bawl. She wasn’t bawling because he was always gone. She was bawling because of how her life was going. She had disgraced her family name in getting pregnant before marriage, she was being ignored by him, she was unappreciated, and she felt like she was worthless in life. She never got to finish any of her goals. She never followed any of her dreams to become a singer and an actress. Her life was just a waste. She then pulled away from his warm embrace. She knew that this ‘Seunghyun’ wasn’t going to last very long. He had just broken away from Hara’s leash for a while, but she was going to get him back on that leash again.

Seunghyun felt daring and bold. He couldn’t believe what he had done. As she was heading her way towards the car, he grabbed her wrist and kissed her. He enjoyed every single second of that kiss. It was the sweetest kiss that he had ever experienced. Her lips were sweet and it was great to know that she hadn’t pulled away. Their baby was between them and for the first time, Seunghyun felt the baby kick a little after putting his hands on Yoona’s growing stomach. Yoona couldn’t help but smile as Seunghyun continued to kiss her. She felt the baby kick—for the first time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey guys! I am very sorry for not updating for the longest time ever! It’s just that I didn’t have time the first week of my absence because it was my finals week, but when I did have time to write the second week, my mom thought that the internet was eating up my life, so she disconnected it. Boo! Well the third week, I convinced her that I need the internet for school since I am taking college level classes as a junior. I kind of lied and told her that I have homework over the winter vacation when I didn’t. Lol, my first time lying to her, but it’s not big right?! She hooked the internet back, but guess what?! My computer was turning off every five to ten minutes, and I found out that there was a virus. I got the virus cleaned out, and now I’m writing again!
There is good news to this though. I wrote about five chapters to the story on my laptop that doesn’t have internet! I’ll post those chapters every few days (I’m not going to post everything all at once because I won’t get to hear all the feedback for every single chapter, so please give me feedback, comments, critiques, etc.)

And btw, don’t mind Seunghyun and Yoona’s changes in feelings. There’s going to be a lot of changes in their feelings (for example, they hate each other one chapter and then they love each other the next chapter). It’s not because they’re bipolar! It’s because they still have mixed feelings about each other and Siwon and Hara. Please don’t complain about their changes of heart.

And also, some of the Author’s Notes for the next chapters were created after I wrote the chapter. I usually don’t write the author’s notes (this is an exception) before I post. Thanks a million. :)