Chapter 01

City of Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life is Love, Love is Life.

That’s what Sehun believes in. To make it simple, it basically means that he dreams of finding his Soulmate, the love of his life, The One. He believes that there is someone out there made for him. But whether or not he will meet that someone is in the hands of Fate. He knows that the chances are slim. So, he every night he would wish. Wish that he won’t miss his timing.

Which is also why he had never dated anybody in his 19 years of living.

He’s waiting for someone that can give him butterflies in the stomach.

He’s waiting for someone that can make his mind go blank.

He’s waiting for someone that can make his heart stop.

 

 

“I’ll drive today.” Grabbing the car key from his lover’s hands, he opened the door, bowed lightly like a gentleman and offers, “Do hop in, my love.”

“Huh. You must be in a very good mood, for you to be all nice and sweet today.” Baekhyun commented as he settles in. Just a few minutes ago, Chanyeol was telling him how good he looked tonight. Not that his boyfriend never did but this time he says it like every two minutes—though he’s not going to lie, he secretly enjoys it despite him telling Chanyeol to shut up half of the time.

He was expecting to hear a slam from the door but instead he sees his boyfriend lowering his height to his level.

“Nonsense!” He heard him exclaimed like he’s offended before closing the distance between their faces. “I’m always this nice” Chanyeol corrected in a gentler tone. Then left a soft kiss on Baekhyun’s cheeks and added, “and this sweet.” Satisfied with the embarrassed face he’s seeing, he let out a chuckle after closing the door firmly and jogged to the other side of the car.

Shutting the side of his door, Chanyeol starts the engine and step on the gas as he hums a random melody. The last time he was this excited was when he and Baekhyun went on their first date as a couple. The reason as to why he is excited today is due to something that is going to take place in a few hours.

Today is the day. The day that Sehun might be interested in someone for the first time. The day that Sehun might not die alone, if Chanyeol may add. Nonetheless, deep down, he’s also nervous.

"What if it didn’t go as I hope to be?" Thoughts like that do penetrate his mind and make him think twice about his decision. But then again, he personally feels that life is too short to focus on something specific. Might as well try everything so there won’t any lingering regrets. Even if the outcome is not favorable, it at least contributed to the list of experiences. “Life is about experiences”. Like how Sehun live by Love is what and whatnot, Chanyeol lives by that.

“Hey, I take it back,” Seeing that the person he’s talking to is wearing a confused expression, Baekhyun decided to elaborate, “About what I said about you having a brilliant idea.”

The confused look that the younger male wore seconds ago turn into a frown. “What? Please tell me the reason is because you think is better than brilliant. Like marvelous,” Chanyeol said, not believing what he’s hearing from his companion right now.

“Ha. Ha.” His lover replied sarcastically with a roll of his eyes before getting into what he meant by his words. “Anyway, look. Let’s say the plan does work and Sehun does fall for the so called ‘magic’. Wouldn’t he get hurt if he found out what a jerk Kai actually is?”

““You must hurt in order to know”, ever heard of that?” The driver smirked, suddenly feeling proud of the wise words he said. “And now that I think about it, I’ve never seen Sehun going through ever. So technically, I’m doing him a favor. No wait, two favors.” Then it hit him. “That’s “killing two birds with one stone”! Damn, I’m on a roll today,” Chanyeol concluded, his grin so big that it might reach the tip of his ears.

Baekhyun scoffed. Scoffed at the fact that Chanyeol actually sounded serious while saying that. “God, I don’t know if I should cry or celebrate the fact that Sehun has a best friend like you,” Baekhyun sighed as he looked out the tinted window, having mixed feelings about what is going to occur tonight.

 

 

Standing lazily in front of his closet, wearing only his boxer briefs, he stares at his massive collection of apparels. There are many of it, ranging from formal to casual, monochrome to pastels, all arranged by its theme. Tapping his right foot against the floor with his arms crossed, his eyes fixed at the grunge section, deciding whether to go for the black leather jacket or the army green bomber. He’s sure has been in this position for the past 10 minutes.

Releasing a sigh, he turns his neck to look at the digital clock that’s resting on his bedside table.

8:27 PM

Chanyeol told him to be there at 9. Yet here he is, playing ‘eenie meenie miney mo’ inside his head when he was supposed to leave 12 minutes ago. He would normally just grab anything he sees and go but today seemed to be different. At the back of his mind, something tells him that he has to look his best tonight. Hence, him looking at his closet like he has only one hideous set of outfit to settle for.

“ it.”

Taking the darker jacket off his wardrobe along with a random graphic tee and classic rip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter