The Old Friends.

Aiming For The Stars [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Give me that shirt.”


“Get it yourself.”


“Well, at least help me pack these clothes?”


“Go pack yourself.”


“Minariii!”


Mina finally able to take her attention away from the large TV screen in front of her and turned around to face her smaller best friend on her right as both of them are sitting down on the older girl’s bedroom carpet floor.


“What?”


“I thought you came here to help me pack?” Momo tucked out her tongue to let the girl see how annoyed she feels right now, not only does the younger girl not at all lending a bit of her hands for the past 30 minutes she was here, but also the girl wasn’t even listening to her complaining the whole time she was packing her things.


“I did not say that, I swear.” Mina pointed her finger closed to the girl’s face, now across her as they sat facing each other, until it slightly touches Momo’s forehead causing the blonde girl to pout in return.


“Just help me please.” Momo pleaded and Mina rolled her eyes.


“Fine. Why do you need so much clothes anyway? We won’t be staying for that long and I’ve packed my things less than 5 minutes.” The taller one sighed. “Just bring whatever things you’ve brought for the past thousands of trips.”


Mina mockingly smirked, feeling rather confused on why the older girl is having quite a struggle to what seems like a monthly routine for the two of them.


“I know, I’m just... I don’t know which one looks better than the others?”


“Why? All of them look good to me.”


“Not all of them.”


“You’re nervous.”


“What?”


Mina’s eyebrows rose in suspicions.


“No, I’m not.” Momo immediately denied, turning her face slowly away from the younger girl’s view as she once again, look over her puddle of clothes and ponder which one will she bring along to Paris.


“Why are you nervous?”


“I don’t know!”


“Honey boo boo...”


“Ugh fine.” Momo gave up upon hearing weird nickname, knowing that lying to the younger rebel would be impossible in her case. She can see right through her and to be honest, a little help would be nice right now.


“I invited her.” Momo mumbled, not clear enough for the other to hear.


“What?”


“I invited her.” Much clearer this time.


“Who?”


“Jeong... Yeon...” 


“Who?”


“My fiancée!”


Mina giggled loudly, enjoying every moment that she could get seeing the older girl’s extreme red face.


“Smooth one, little unicorn. And what a pretty name she has.”


“It’s not funny Minari! I never felt this nervous about a trip before.” Momo sighed, her eyes staring down as she feels her confidence and maybe, a bit of her soul, leaving her body slowly.


‘I shouldn’t have opened up my big mouth.’ She mentally slapped herself.


Mina, on the other hand, was glowering intently at the girl beating herself up; the girl was a little more nervous than she initially thought.


Momo is no doubt, a very confident girl with a good self-esteem and very strange sense of humour, but she doesn’t really know what she’s capable of.


The girl is unpredictable, that part Mina is familiar with. Some other time she can become cold and distant, and other times, she can be like this... a cute nervous wreck. One thing Momo is good at is, pretending to be fine on the outside even if she is hyperventilating on the inside.


But of course, as the girl matures over the years, this type of problem has becomingly more non-existent so it completely taken Mina back with a surprise seeing how worry her tiny best friend really is.


She must be very nervous indeed.


Mina gently touches Momo’s top right shoulder, wanting to be on the receiving ends of the girl’s on and off concentrations.


“Hey, it’s okay. You’re going to look fine. Plus, I approve your sense of fashion right? You should be okay.” Mina reassured tenderly and giving a small smile alongside.


“Yeah. Yeah, you’re right. I’m thinking too much.”


“It’s reasonable… to feel nervous. She is your future wife.”


Momo smiled in return.


“This is super new to me, you know?” the younger girl continued, “I can still remember how not long ago, I need to carry your small body to the restaurant to meet her. And now, you’re the one who is inviting her across the ocean? Cannot bear to be apart, yes?” Mina smirked and winked suggestively.


“Shut up.” Momo rolled her eyes. “She’s different than I thought, okay?”


“How so?”


“I don’t know,” Momo let out another sigh, but this time with joy just thinking about the older woman. “She’s different than the others. She’s kind, beautiful, understanding, gentle… did I mention beautiful? And oh her eyes are so stunning too!” Her eyes sparkled with hope and dreams, amazed with how perfect her fiancée really is, now that she’s thinking and talking about her.


Her hands clasped around each other and her eyes staring at the blank distance in front of her with her tiny dreamy smile spreading across her face.


Again, it seriously weirded out the other girl in the room and she pulled out a disgusted face in response.


“You’re creeping me out.”


“Shut up.” The older girl snapped as her smile turned to a scowl before returning her attention back to the giant bag in front of them.


Mina chuckled lowly.


“Minari, you were a head student once,” Momo suggested, folding her favourite faded jeans at the same time. “Maybe you know her? She was in fact our senior in high school.”


“Oh really? Why don’t you say so?” Mina encouraged, “What’s her name? Maybe it rings a bell.”


“Yoo Jeongyeon, I believe.”


“Oh.”


Mina became quiet as instantly shut closed and her eyes unblinking as she continues to gape at the girl sitting across her.


“What? Do you know her?” Momo wondered, puzzled on why would the girl reacted in such ways. But before the older one can decipher further, Mina softly shook her head in reply.


“Nope, I thought I did for a second there but no, I forgot. Sorry babe.” Mina shrugged.


“That’s okay; mother said she is quite private with her life.”


“She is a Yoo after all, what do you expect? Like, have you seen Madame Yoo?”


Momo nodded in acknowledgement and agreement.


“Where are my sneakers? Have you seen it?” Momo twisted her body left and right, looking for a pair of her favourite feel holders around her, without knowing, dropping whatever conversations they previously had.


“In the closet, I think.”


“Oh okay, be right back.” Momo groaned in pain as she stood up from the hard floor, easing her aching muscles at the same time.


As the girl walked further down into another door across the room and out of the earshot from the still sitting girl, Mina frowned and whispered to herself.


“Yoo Jeongyeon?”


She hummed quietly and then, as an idea came up to her mind, she clicked her tongues.


Her frown developed into a tiny knowing smirk, realizing something that her best friend has clearly failed to.


Once again, she whispered to herself as her eyes widened slightly in mischiefs, and slight excitements.


“Choi Jeongyeon.”


Well, that name I know.
 


Flashback~

 

“Lena, I don’t think this is a good idea.”


“Oh come on Momo! Are you seriously backing out now?”


“I’m just, not sure about this.” Momo whimpered, clearly getting uncomfortable with the idea as the seconds went by. But the other girl, frustrated upon seeing her hesitations, glared at her in return.


“Why are you scared?”


“I’m not!” The younger girl denied.


“Look,” Lena started softly, trying to encourage the girl to just follow the flawless plan. “She’s a scholar, at your school. Your father pays everything for her, she owes you!” Lena pushed.


“Lena! We’re being gratuitously mean!”


“No, we are not!” Lena shouted unconsciously, and immediately shut closed after sensing her mistake. She lowered her voice once again, “Everyone knows the Choi girl has a crush on you. For all we know, you’re doing a favour for her.”


“How can asking the girl out for prom night is doing the girl any favour?” Momo is getting mad now, seeing how ridiculous the idea really is as she crouched next to the older girl, obviously hiding at the bottom corner of the school’s back stairs, away from prying eyes.


“Well, she gets to get asked by her crush.” Lena smirked as she crossed her arms in pride, probably full with herself for coming up with the idea at the first place.


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter