The Useless Crush.

Aiming For The Stars [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[!] Here Jeongyeon is the oldest,  followed by Nayeon, Momo, Mina and then Chaeyoung.

 

 

Flashback~

 


“Jeongie, there is a lot of fish in the sea. Out of all the beautiful sea creatures, why would you choose the mermaid?”


Nayeon sighed, her right hand placed under her chin, propping herself on top of the cold surface of the canteen table. Her eyes closed shut, fingers on her left hand drumming gently against the top of the said table. The odd statement causes Jeongyeon to raise her eyebrows in questions.


“Huh? What are you talking about?” She took a glance towards the younger girl before converting her attention to the semi-empty plate in front of her.


“You…” Nayeon continued slowly but loud enough for the other girl to hear clearly, her eyes opened to stare at the older girl. “You have a crush on Hirai Momo,” and that got Jeongyeon’s full and immediate attention.


She harshly turned her head left and right to check if there is any lousy person that happens to hear the obviously wrong ‘accusation’. Her right hand automatically slap and cover the younger girl’s mouth, not hard enough to hurt the girl but fast enough to warn her, preventing her from spilling any other unnecessary rumours.


“What? Wha-What are you talking about? Would you shut up and I-” Jeongyeon suddenly let out a tiny squeal followed by what seems like a disgusted gasp upon feeling the wet tongue grazing against the skin of her palm, pulling her hand away almost immediately.


Nayeon nonchalantly shrugged and put her chin down on top of the table with both of her hands cushioning the impact of the hard-surfaced object, eyes glanced sideways and deeply towards Jeongyeon’s direction, who happens to sit on the left side of the bench. Jeongyeon was about to defend herself and maybe her pride before Nayeon, once again, cut her off.


“Why her?” Long gone was the tease tone Jeongyeon used to hear from the younger girl, but instead was replaced with worry. Jeongyeon gently wiped her palm against Nayeon’s uniform skirt, eyes staring blankly to her front, minds running in different miles and Nayeon’s stare lingered for a little while, wondering what was going on inside the girl’s head.


“Why would you compare her... To a mermaid?” Jeongyeon finally replied after a good 2 minutes of silence. Nayeon closed her eyes and sighed loudly, “Really? Out of all the things I just said, that’s what you paid attention the most?”


“Just curious.” Jeongyeon stated, quite timidly.


“Because mermaids are pretty, that’s how they attract people but that doesn’t mean that they are necessarily nice.” Nayeon replied simply before adding, “At the end, mermaids eat their victims.”


“Wait, mermaids eat their victims?”


“What? I-”


“Hold on, does that mean Princess Ariel ate Prince Eric?”


“Wait plea-”


“So my childhood is a lie?? I cannot believe this!”


“Jeongyeon!”


Jeongyeon stopped her ranting upon recognizing the desperation tone given by the younger girl. Both of Jeongyeon's hands clutching her hair on each side of her head, an exaggerated response that she would even laugh if the situation was not that serious. The other girl now gaped openly at the older girl, annoyed and amused at the same time.


“Calm down. Aren’t you too old for Disney?”


“Hey, I’m not and how rude! I’m your senior.”


“Then act like one.” Nayeon snapped shut instantaneously, finally realizing the horrible mistake she just made.


“And what’s that supposed to mean?” Jeongyeon let out a subtle smile which did not reach her eyes and her head tilted sideways. To anyone, the gesture may seem like an innocent one, but to others who know her for so long, the gesture usually means that Jeongyeon is challenging her, challenging her to continue if she dares. Everyone knows how gentle Jeongyeon can be, how generous her friendship is. But everyone also knows not to cross her. Jeongyeon is like a ticking bomb, she doesn’t like to show it to everyone if she’s upset but she’ll explode if her patience is ran out of space. No one wants to see the girl mad.


The younger girl gulped loudly. “I-I mean...” Nayeon stuttered, knowing no way in hell she could get away with any excuses. Fortunately, Jeongyeon decided to drop the topic, refusing to scare the tall girl any further. Jeongyeon shrugged gently bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter