The Memory Lane.

Aiming For The Stars [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Well, the two lovebirds obviously went for a walk; it has been like 30 minutes since they left and Mina is getting bored now.


Chaeyoung is being called a few minutes ago for a dressing rehearsal and apparently, the younger girl doesn’t really want her to come along because she doesn’t want to ‘spoil the fashion show’.


Mina scoffed playfully; the girl’s innocent and absolutely adorable beliefs will never fail to warm her heart.


She smiled unknowingly, remembering the bright personality of her fiancée. How lucky can she be to be engaged to such an amazing woman and she thanks every star on the sky for allowing the younger girl to propose to her at the first place.


Of course, they got engaged because they thought it would be an easy way out. Maybe, never in a million years would Mina thought to actually fall for the lower girl.


She sighed out of boredom. She wanted to see her fiancée, not left alone in this large suite room.


Life is seriously such a bore without the presence of her favourite girls around.


Mina sighed again, she’s thinking too much of the engulfing silence around her and as a soon to be graduated doctor, Mina shook her head in denial; trying to bury whatever odd loneliness she is feeling right now.


How unhealthy.


Maybe she should just watch whatever is on the television right now, maybe it will somehow distracts her from her inner unstoppable and sometimes super annoying thoughts; the curse of the ability to think too much but then again, her multiple capabilities to open up in such minds is what makes her a great psychology student to begin with.


Advising patients in one thing, but understanding them is another.


You need to be them. You need to feel what they are feeling. You need to suffer what they have been suffering through.


Momo was worried about her, for choosing such a challenging career but Mina likes it. It’s like a puzzle, almost.


Not like solving people’s problem is such a fun game thing to her - that would be cruel to be honestly speaking, but to be able to change or rather helping people to accept themselves; their inner monsters, their inner angels, their inner desires… those are important and if we cannot accept who we really are on the inside, how would we be able to see what the world sees you?


Life is such a mirror, now is it?


The world sees us the same way we would see the world. If you see the world with a happy expression on, the world will see us hopefully and exactly the same, even if it’s sometimes only in your mind.


Mina groaned internally, she’s getting overbroad again with her life philosophy.


She walked away from the tall windows on the left corner of the living room and slowly making her way towards the centre, looking for the tiny remote control of the large and flat gadget.


But before she could succeed, three gentle knocks can be heard from the main door. Mina faced the familiar giant door to her right, as she stopped herself from continuing her investigation under the couch. She lifts herself up from the clean carpet and let out a clear respond in reply as she dusts away the non-existent dirt on her white blouse and black high-waist pants.


“Wait a second!”


She quickly made her way to the door, without hesitation and without bothering to look at the peep hole, swiftly opened up the wooden flat barrier of the suite revealing a elegant looking and very well dressed woman.


At first, what attracts her the most was the clothing, of course. Such fancy, such presence, such confidence she carries... this woman is no ordinary person, Mina immediately noticed.


Definitely, as an advantage of being a psychiatrist, little things like these are considered as hints to her mind that no one else really bother to figure out.


But as her eyes lingered upward, finally focusing themselves to the face of a such body, to those familiar eyes, now widened in surprise and immediately shy away from the sudden realization as a knowing smirk slowly creeping its way to the owner’s undoubtedly beautiful yet cunning face.


Mina couldn’t believe her eyes.


But of course, as her brain rotated on its own, clicking clues together... she knows. The girl is a friend of Jeongyeon; how could she forget?


“Young Lady Myoui, it is nice to see you again.” The woman bowed, her eyes jotted down for a second before making its way back to Mina’s soul windows.


Mina was shock, speechless even but seeing the unaffected person in front of her, Mina finally took her loss lenses back to her command.


“Young Lady Im, I didn’t expect to see you here.” She bowed along.


“I’m actually looking for CEO Son, is she here? I’ve been directed to this particular suite number.”


“She went down a few minutes ago, you probably have missed her just a few steps back.”


“Oh, I have never missed such an important timing.” Nayeon smiled softly and Mina’s eyes narrowed in questions; wondering whether the subtle messages behind the tone should be ignored or should it be comprehended.


Mina pressed further, “You must be a friend of CEO Yoo, yes?”


“Indeed, is she around too?”


“No, she must be with her fiancée.”


“I see...” Nayeon nodded in acknowledgement and Mina is hot with curiosity.


“I shall say,” Mina continued, finally had enough with whatever ignorant game they are playing right now. “She seems different than I remember her as. Different hair, different speaking style, very confident... I, for once do not have complains against such a strong woman.”


Mina complimented as she gestured the woman to come inside before closing the door shut.


“And different name too.” She finished as she twisted her body away from the door towards her companion’s back and the woman seemingly busied herself by observing the main room of the suite and hummed quietly in return, indicating that she was paying attention at the first place even if her body says otherwise.


Mina waits patiently for her response; any changing in her body’s postures, any tensing movement of her shoulders but strangely, none came. The girl’s body screams relaxation, comforts and most importantly, still radiating the same level of confidence.


“That would be the least shocking part, now is it? It is kind of suspicious when Choi Jeongyeon suddenly disappears from the surface of the earth.” Nayeon replied, gently smiling back as she turned to face the black haired woman, at which on the contrary, spotted with not a single smile can be seen.


“If you were her, would you still be using the same name of a person you badly wanted to forget?” She asked nonchalantly and Mina straightened her posture in return.


She really feels like she is being attacked right now, she doesn’t know why.


Nayeon slowly approached her. “Of course that being said, her fiancée is the same person that changes her life back then; I wouldn’t be calling my real name if I was in her shoes. Would you, Young Lady Myoui? Would you be honest?”


“Define honesty, Young Lady Im...” Mina challenged, crossing her arms in front of her as the woman looked up upon her because of their small differences in height. Two can play this game.


The woman is shorter than she initially thought.


“Would telling my future wife who I really am be considered as being honest? If that is a yes, then yes. A marriage works best when you are honest, correct?” She continued and for a split second there, Mina thought she was a step ahead of the assured woman.


Just for a split second.


But the smirk that Mina grown to hate, slowly made its way back.


The woman let out a tiny smirk once again, making the other girl to feel such discomforts in seeing the unflinching motivation of the woman.


“People like us live on motives, Young Lady Myoui, of course we’ve known this ever since we were little. I have a motive, you have a motive, Young Lady Hirai has a motive and so does CEO Yoo.” She walked away from the black headed girl’s personal space and now making her way towards the windows instead.


“You cannot blame the girl for her instinct to survive and hide from such horrendous past, yes? Not just because of Young Lady Hirai, but because of herself too. She’s a scholar, a nobody, an average person.” Nayeon cleared . “In our world, those are considered as a loop-hole, weaknesses. We all have them, no matter how much we wanted to erase them.”


Her voice oozing out of her body seems like a foreign soul to Mina. Her cold tone, her unforgiving stares.. she doesn’t know who this woman is standing there, not anymore.


This person screams danger, a threat and Mina’s shield grown stronger as she spends seconds by seconds with the presence of the now unknown woman.


“Your family has a lot of secrets too, that I know and so do you.” Nayeon resumed, eyes looking intently at the lights reflecting back from the world outside, begging to be complimented with their oddly in sync colours.


Nayeon can hear the heels clicking softly from behind her as the woman in mind, walking slowly towards her.


“We all do have secrets, Young Lady Im. Some are more discreet, and the others are not so much.”


“Yours are clearly not to me.”


“I beg your pardon?” Mina is getting angry now. How dare she come into this room and threateni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter