The Sweet Suite (Part 1)

Aiming For The Stars [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Their trip to the mall and the whole journey home were quiet, oddly. The younger girl didn’t even utter a single word unless Jeongyeon ask her something first, and her answers were always short.


Jeongyeon doesn’t know what to do.


She tried to lighten up the mood by cracking up greasy jokes and by complimenting the girl, with the tiny hope of bringing up even just a tint hint of that beautiful smile on Momo’s face. Even just a tad teaser would be fine but of course, none of them came.


Momo would give out a smile nevertheless, but it was a polite one; not the one Jeongyeon is craving for and definitely not the one that reaches her eyes.


The shopping errand ended rather quickly as they left no sooner than 5 minutes after her talk with Tzuyu and her fiancée seems distant ever since.


Jeongyeon really doesn’t know what to do.


She was this close to panicking, she even thought it would be a good idea to ring Tzuyu for help but opted denying the horrible idea at the end; fully taking Tzuyu’s advice really and if she was right to begin with, calling the other woman in front of the confusingly jealous fiancée would be a suicidal mission to be honest and Jeongyeon really doesn’t want to further intensify the green fire inside the girl – remembering how scary the woman can be earlier on when Jeongyeon first spotted the adorable envy behind the girl’s adorable pupils.


It was comforting for a split second, knowing well that the younger woman at least likes her that much to be jealous of seeing her rather ‘normal’ interactions with Tzuyu but the reality soon washes over her mind that she is really the inexperienced one in this relationship.


It swiftly dawns over her that she really doesn’t have any idea how to handle this version of Momo.


Should she apologize?


But that would means that she would be admitting of doing something wrong to begin with, at which in her defence, she did not do such things. If it is the case, then Tzuyu should apologize for doing such extra skin-ship in front of her fiancée.


Jeongyeon squinted both of her eyes in slight annoyance.


‘That girl, how dare she played me like that? Ugh, I hate you puppy for pushing me into this mess.’


Jeongyeon knows the girl is hot and popular with her pranks and jokes every single time they hang out with each other, so really – the tricks she pulled a while ago wasn’t really a shocking discovery, but rather an expected one, seeing how much the taller girl seems to really enjoy her suffering ever since they were young.


But this?


And she isn’t the one who is going to explain this to the blonde woman at the end of the day and Jeongyeon is quite frustrated with Tzuyu’s playful behaviour tonight and for not being there to support her in her hardest moment of her life.


Truly, her hardest moment of her life. Though, that would sounds a bit exaggerated but who is she to say otherwise?


Jeongyeon took a spit glance on her right, planting the image of her silent companion sitting on the passenger seat into her memory as her eyes focusing steadily to whatever buildings, people, and lights that pass through the car’s clear windows as the day seemingly darkens by the minute; engulfing the country with its soothing darkness and further amplify the lights that brighten up the whole city as the music rang by from the edges of the street, night markets coming to life, the smell of food radiating from the street booths and the fancy restaurants as the unfamiliar foreign languages are easily exchanged between the sellers and the fellow customers, locals and tourists walk together like the both of them, the sound of people cheering loudly from the nearby pub, drinking happily and eating foods with hardly pronounced names.


Even though Jeongyeon’s car is fully enclosed with the surrounding protective mirrors, the buzzing sounds outside the rectangle vehicle somehow have the ability to smoothly made their way inside and into both of the women’s sensitive ears; fulfilling the quiet sound in the car in an extreme contrast with the living fun from the other side.


Jeongyeon let out a tiny smile; amused and amazed at the same time seeing how the French people and the city of lights play directly in front of her eyes – how stunning the scenes be to be witnessed this closely to her heart and mind, and how lucky could she be to lay down her feet on this ground alongside the woman of her life.


Jeongyeon has always been intrigued with the idea of travelling and exploring the world, whether or not it be the places of beauty like this one or places of histories, stories and struggles; experiencing variety of cultures, traditions, languages and manners.


She has visited Paris before but it was only for a short moment and for work, obviously as it did not give Jeongyeon the time to spend on her own, observing and fully enjoying the experience of being in the stunning city.


“Paris is so pretty.” Jeongyeon unconsciously whispered loudly as her eyes scanning wildly the crowded environment around her as the car halted to a stop in the traffic ahead of them.


Momo without straying her eyes away from the mirror right beside her, hummed in acknowledgement in return. Jeongyeon turned to face the other one due to the half-hearted response as her eyebrows painted so in a conflicted manner and her eyes portraying apologetic messages that would appear so much clearer if the girl of attention just take a mini look towards her direction but indubitably, Momo was like a statue the whole journey home; avoiding Jeongyeon’s eye contact as much as she could and replying as little as she hopes to the taller girl’s persistent attempt to rise up any distracting conversations.


But Momo refused to give in.


She knows how childish she is acting right now. Her fiancée has done nothing wrong so far; Jeongyeon is actually being absolutely nothing but gentle to her, kind, loving, warm – but Momo couldn’t help herself but to be mad, not to her fiancée but rather to herself.


She is so mad on how little control she really has, feeling the sudden jealousy at the back of and self-doubt after seeing one of Jeongyeon’s closest friends up closed. Seeing the much taller girl’s friendly interactions with her fiancée surfaced up feelings that have been bubbling inside that she didn’t know it even existed at the first place.


Her envy, her instinct to protect Jeongyeon, her desire to have Jeongyeon just on her own and no one else are quite a shocking thing to be slapped on the face with.


She knows she likes Jeongyeon, so much so that she already becoming more clingy to her own fiancée just on their 4th meeting.


They are moving fast, that much Jeongyeon knows.


But Momo likes her; likes the way Jeongyeon is looking at her, likes the way Jeongyeon treated her like she is the most precious person in her life, and likes the way how Jeongyeon’s face and eyes automatically soften whenever they are hugging or simply talking.


The love the older girl shown to her is priceless, limitless, broad and strong.


Momo likes Jeongyeon, so much.


Though, it scares Momo badly, knowing that the marriage wasn’t even real to think about it now, but the thoughts of the possibilities that feelings will never be accepted and returned are what scare her the most really.


Momo couldn’t bear to lose Jeongyeon. She is beginning to see her as her woman, her wife, and her companion for the rest of her life – and seeing Jeongyeon with Tzuyu together? She feels threatened and strangely betrayed with her own feelings.


She was supposed to take this coolly but no, her heart decided to hammered itself with the ugly burdens instead and Momo blames no one but to herself singularly, for falling in too deep and for falling in generally, without fully knowing the consequences below for putting her feelings exposed on her sleeves for everyone to see, for Jeongyeon to see.


She is disappointed on herself for being too emotional around her fiancée.


This wasn’t supposed to be happening.


This wasn’t the plan.

 

 

Later~
 

 


“Do you need help? I only do well with helping though – I don’t really cook that much to start with.” Jeongyeon playfully announced to her fiancée standing across the huge island of the kitchen in the middle of the room, as Jeongyeon’s both arms cushioned the hard impact of the cold marbles surface and as she stretched her body forward, bringing her face closer to the other one, seeing that the island is wider that she thought, hating the way it separated herself and her fiancée away but was necessarily placed to break Jeongyeon’s temptation to hug the girl tightly right now but knowing that invading Momo’s personal space wouldn’t be a wise move due to their current situation in hands.


Plus, Jeongyeon isn’t so sure whether or not her attention is no longer welcomed by her own fiancée as a small weird tug can be felt on her heart when the smaller girl shook her head lightly in rejection with a small smile playing attentively across her face.


“That would be quite alright, Jeongyeon-shi.”


“Are you sure?”


“Yes.”


“I’m good with-”


“Perhaps, you could… just prepare the tables for us? I won’t be taking that long to finish up.”


Jeongyeon nodded her head after a heartbeat when she came up with nothing to reply with, feeling a bit guilty for brin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter