Part 11

I'll try, I have to, I need to but....

Just a reminder, every event that took place in this chapter is made by me and it's not a real event, so I hope you okay with it....:-):-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Okay, now, tell me what that important thing is?” Jin was karaoke-ing with his high school friends when Namjoon called him, urging him to go back home early because they have an urgent and important thing to settle. He stayed in the karaoke room for another 30 minutes, singing until his voice turned hoarse before bidding farewell to everyone.

Jin went straight home after stopping at one of the nearby restaurants to buy dinner for his dongsaengs. Leaving the house in Namjoon’s surveillance might risk thing up like, a burning kitchen or a broken bathroom door but Hoseok ensured him to not worry since he would be the father of the house.

“Guys, I bought---“ Jin felt a sudden of air coming towards him like a very big storm, only to realize that Taehyung and Hoseok had pulled him towards his own room, leaving Jin with no space to ask or giving any permission.

Namjoon was lying on Jin’s bed, playing with his phone while Yoongi was still sleeping soundly. The last time Jin saw Yoongi, he was still asleep and Jin had gone for 5 hours. Once they were inside, door was safely closed and locked, Hoseok waked Yoongi up, taking his calm breath before shaking that said man, carefully at first. His hand was 5 centimeters away from Yoongi’s when he opened his eyes, shooting a dagger to no one but managed to make everyone to gasp for air.

Hoseok’s hand was freezing in the air when Yoongi turned to him. “What do you want?” Well, apparently, Yoongi didn’t curse this time because one; he knew Hoseok was the one who waked him up and that sunshine boy never pranked him like Taehyung or Jimin had done before and two; Namjoon was there too, meant that they were about to do a group discussion.

“Hyung, red alert! We need a backup plan.” Taehyung told him, succeeding in bringing a deep frown to Yoongi’s forehead.

“What backup plan? We’re not in a war, Taehyung-ah.” Namjoon replied, confusing Yoongi and Jin to the max. They better started to talk like a normal person back before Yoongi lost his patience.

“It’s true though and besides, Jungkook seriously had messed up thing.” Taehyung answered back.

Hearing Jungkook’s name gave Jin and Yoongi opportunity to grab what had happened without their presence. They only talked about Jungkook’s messed up thing once before and by thing meant that one particular small and cute and adorable member, not that Yoongi had described him in that way but that was what others had labeled Jimin as.

“What?! Are they dating now? Had they announced----“

“No, nope, sorry to disappointed you.” Jungkook stopped Jin from celebrating or congratulating the fake rumor. No one was obvious of Hoseok’s disappearance just two minutes ago, only to be surprised to see Jungkook now in the room with Hoseok beside him.

After Jungkook sat on the floor beside Jin, everyone eyed him like Jungkook was a delicious meal, a cute rabbit to a hungry tiger. All they needed to do was just open their claws before throwing themselves to Jungkook.

Jungkook’s sigh echoed in that silent room. “Look, it’s the truth. I don’t like Jimin. No, I like him but not that way.”

“What way?” Namjoon teased with that serious look on him.

“Hyung!” Jungkook whined but Namjoon just raised his eyebrows, waiting for Jungkook to spill it out. “That-in…..romantically.” The last sounded low and distant that Yoongi had rolled his eyes upon hearing it.

“So, you like Jimin but don’t love him, is that what you want to say, Jungkook-ah?” Yoongi deadpanned that left a very pink and hot blush on Jungkook’s cheek.

“Ye-yes. That’s the word.” Then Namjoon and Taehyung told Jin what had happened earlier in Jimin’s room.

“You don’t like Jimin? Seriously?” Jin asked in disbelief. Surprised became evident in his voice because he was the one who noticed how Jungkook had acted differently with Jimin.

“No! I like him. He is my favorite Hyung but that’s all.”

Favorite Hyung, that what had made Jin to laugh out loud, not caring of others’ pointing look at him. For someone who constantly smiling whenever he saw his favorite human being, laughing too when his favorite Hyung laughed and also complimenting his favorite Hyung whenever he had the chance, directly confessed that he didn’t like his favorite Hyung in that way was not acceptable.

Jin wipes his tear away, an effect after laughing hard. “Jungkook, go and wake Jimin up. I’ll prepare dinner for us.” He walked away from 5 puzzled men but stopped in front of the door, turning to Jungkook again. “You’ll regret everything when thing started to change tomorrow.” Jin made that last remark before closing the door, stunning everyone inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed nothing was happening the next day and Jin was being paranoid because Jimin was the same, bubbly and happy as he looked. But did Jungkook notice the major thing that was changing in their dorm? That Jimin became flirtatious not just to Jungkook but to the other members and it was not a normal touching or skinship that everyone found it cute. It’s the type that could make heart to palpitate and body’s temperature raised up higher than normal like they were having a fever.

Nothing really happened in the first week but Jimin’s naughty side started to be visible in the second week. First, Jungkook noticed the way Jimin had caressed Taehyung’s face, softer and slower than usual.

“Tae-ah, you’re so handsome.” Jimin said while rubbing a circle with his thumb at Taehyung’s cheek, looking at him while smiling so cunning and mischievous.

“Really? I’m handsome and you’re cute. So, we’re perfect couple.” Jimin giggled at that playful word from Taehyung, emphasized the couple word so that it could reach Jungkook’s ear.

Taehyung’s right hand was at Jimin’s hip while the other hand was on Jimin’s thigh and Jungkook did his best to keep his eyes straight, halting his neck from turning or staring at them, at Jimin to be précised.

“There’s lot more empty seat, instead of Taehyung’s lap, Hyung.” Well, Jungkook’s body might succeed in controlling his jealousy from showing but not his mouth. He mentally slapped his own mouth for sounding so jealous and irritated.

But Jimin didn’t move even one inch. “But Tae-Tae feels so comfortable.” And Jimin’s voice sounded so sensual and enticing, like that was his natural voice but it was not. What happened next really fueled Jungkook as Jimin nuzzled closer to Taehyung’s with his hands played with Taehyung’s neck.

“You’re so warm.” That was the limit that Jungkook had achieved when he stood up instantly before switching the television off before stomping his feet to his room leaving the lovebird alone in the living room.

“Hey, we still want to watch it.” Taehyung yelled at him but Jungkook ignored it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Do you know who the most powerful father is?”

“The most powerful father?” Jimin asked back.

“Godfather.” Jin answered and Jimin laughed after hearing it. It was not a normal laugh but a very loud and annoying, at least to Jungkook not anyone else.

Bangtan were in the dance practice room, having a 10 minutes break from their dance teacher. Jungkook was about to walk to Jimin, wanting to drag Jimin with him to buy snacks at the convenience store when Jin beat him, moving with two steps faster than Jungkook to sit next to Jimin.

Jimin was the first place Jin would go when he had new lame joke since Jimin gave him a good reaction, not like others who just shrugged him off or ignored him. Jimin would always laugh at Jin’s lame joke that sometimes Jungkook had questioned his humor sense. Jimin’s laughing over Jin stupid and not funny joke was not a harmful thing or a threat to Jungkook, especially his heart.

“Hyung! That-that is so funny. Wh-where did you get that?” Jimin said while bending his body to 90 degrees, exposing his y booty that was hidden under his pant while grabbing Jin’s shoulder to balance himself. Okay, that was the first reason why Jungkook hated when Jimin laughed, he tend to bend to a very dangerous position.

“I’m a moodmaker. Just call me when you need a source to laugh.” Jimin got a reply from Jin.

 Jin’s hand was on Jimin’s waist and still there even after Jimin straighten his position back. And that was the second reason why he hated it. Of course other member could touch Jimin wherever they wanted since Jimin was not a restricted property but not that smile on his face. It was something that only reserved to Jungkook but now, it seemed like everyone had seen it at least once.

“Aigoo, you’re so cute.” Jin pinched Jimin’s cheek while Jimin pouted at him until their dance teacher called to continue practicing.

Then, later during the practice, no one had questioned and scolded Jungkook when he tripped over or messed the choreography for the nth time because even their dance teacher known the exact reason behind all those mistakes. Before, Jungkook was too busy glaring at Jin and Jimin moment that had him to be oblivious of others’ eyes on him. If look could kill, maybe Bangtan was preparing a funeral by now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook thought Taehyung was his biggest rivalry but he was wrong. Taehyung’s touch and skinship with Jimin looked like playful and just for fun, so Jungkook could close his eyes or looking away whenever the two sat close to each other.

Bangtan were in an interview with a magazine editor, answering about their idol life and their future plan. It was their usual position with Namjoon sat in between Jimin and Jungkook. Before, Jungkook never questioned or hated it but now he was having a second thought about it. Maybe it was a mistake to turn to his right because something that wasn’t supposed to be at that certain place was at that certain place. Jimin hand was on Namjoon’s thigh and it was so closed to Namjoon’s junior.

His hand was reaching to grab Jimin’s hand away from there but Hoseok was fast to nudge him to face the front even before Jungkook could move his hand. Jungkook tried hard to stay focused but sometimes he turned to his side again and could see that Jimin’s hand was still on Namjoon’s thigh.

After that one time, Jungkook would find a time to observe Namjoon behavior towards Jimin and he could conclude that Namjoon liked to hold Jimin’s slim waist every single time he could and Jimin was just ing smile at that, allowing Namjoon to hold him closer.

However, Jungkook didn’t have problem with Hoseok and Yoongi because Hoseok was very touchy and affectionate person who showed his fondness equally to other members. So when Hoseok stayed closed or hugged Jimin tenderly, his brain didn’t send an alert or warning signal to his heart. It was the same thing with Yoongi because Jungkook respected him so much that he didn’t dare to be jealous of him. But sometimes, just a rare occasional when Yoongi stared at Jimin with a look that people labeled it as lovingly or the time when Yoongi cared for Jimin more than he used to, Jungkook possessive side was making its way but he shrugged it off by assuring his heart that something good must be happening to Yoongi that day, resulting him to show his hidden loving side to Jimin.

Jungkook wanted to confront Jimin face to face, asking for some explanation about his flirtatious manner towards other members but he couldn’t because Jimin never acted differently to him. Jimin was the same clingy Hyung that liked to invade his personal space and also the same person who liked to pamper him with attention and kindness.

“Jungkook, do you want ice-cream?” Jimin offered to Jungkook after their dance practice that Jungkook had nodded his head in a second, happily took the ice-cream from Jimin.

Jimin still went to Jungkook’s room at night, to cuddle with him during a cold rainy night. “Can I sleep with you? It’s cold.”

Jungkook was meant to reject it but Jimin’s cute puppy eyes restrained him from doing so. He moved closer to the wall, giving some space for Jimin to lie besides his warm body. Laptop opened in front of him with a paused movie.

“Just continue watching your movie. I’ll stay here silently.” Jungkook just hummed, not trusting his own voice.

Jungkook pulled the blanket up, covering Jimin’s body from the cold air. His air stuck in the throat when Jimin snuggled closer to his body, hugging his waist firmly. Luckily, Jungkook lied on his stomach or else Jimin could hear the loud thumping sound of his heart.

But the next morning when Jungkook waked up without Jimin, he felt something was missing in his heart that Jungkook couldn’t pinpoint what it was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook was leaning against the mirror while closing his eyes. He was listening to Zion T song when he heard footsteps, fast and loud was coming towards him. Jungkook opened his eyes at the same time Jimin stopped in front of him with a very unpleasant look. Everyone stopped doing their business to look at Jimin and Jungkook.

“You’re the one who spread that rumor, right?”

“So what?! It’s true and everyone should know that you’re not that innocent and pure.” Jungkook fired back, looking down to meet with Jimin’s unwavering look.

“Oh? So, I’m not an innocent and pure person to you?”

“Yy-yeah.” Jimin smirked, listening to Jungkook’s stuttering answer.

“You’re just a kid, Jungkook-ah.” Jimin attempted to turn away after saying it but Jungkook held his arm before spinning Jimin to face him again.

“I am not a kid anymore and I know that you liked to flirt literally with everyone, faking your innocent look, just to make people fall in love with you.”

Jimin lifted his head, meeting with Jungkook’s eyes once again and it was a mistake to accuse Jimin something like that because now his eyes were sad and unconfident like just a minute ago.

“Why? Did you fall in love with me too? Because I’m sure that I’ve done it to you too?”

“N-no. I will never fall in love with you.”

“Then, I can do whatever I want because your heart will never falter. Am I right?”

“Yes. I am very sure.” Jungkook said arrogantly and confidently.

They stared at each other for 5 minutes before Jimin leaned forward on his tiptoed to peck Jungkook’s lip for 5 seconds, Jimin did calculate it in his mind before turning away, walking to the corner of the room to grab his bag and stuff and got out of the room leaving Jungkook.