Chapter 6

I Could Not Ask For More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fear, excitement and nervousness are the only emotions that make Jessica's heart beat fast. In her twenty years of existence, she never experienced her heart racing because of love. There's only one person who managed to make her feel what it's like. That person's name is Tiffany Hwang - that special girl who never wants to give up in pursuing Jessica's love.

"Are you having a chest pain?" Sooyoung asked Jessica in a concerned voice. It's the time for their P.E. class. The two of them are at the bleachers while the rest of their classmates are practicing for a friendly volleyball match. "I noticed you often place your hand on top of your chest. Why? It's making me worried Jess. If you're experiencing a chest pain, tell me honestly so that I can ask for a medical assistance."

Sooyoung blabbered some more worried stuffs until Jessica asked her something. "When your heart race while looking or thinking of someone, what does it mean?"

The taller girl's mouth fell agape. She batted her lashes thrice while trying to find out if she heard Jessica correctly. "W-What did you just say?" she inquired.

Jessica repeated her question. There's no ounce of embarrassment reflected in her eyes. Only curiosity towards the thing she never experienced before.

Surprised with the confirmation of the person she knows has never fallen in love, Sooyoung stammered in her reply. "I...I think it means you're falling in love with that person. That's...That's what other people often say to explain it."

"Is it possible?"

"What do you mean? Is it possible to what?"

"Is it possible to fall in love with someone you don't trust?"

Sooyoung curled her brows in confusion because of Jessica's wondered questions. "She's not talking about Daniel, right?" she asked herself. "Daniel is someone Jessica trusts the most so that means it's not him whom she's falling in love with."  To know who that person is, Sooyoung followed Jessica's line of sight. Her gaze is fixed on a girl with an eye smile. "Tiffany?" 

Sooyoung smiled to herself, thinking how unfair life is with Daniel because he's living under the same roof as his rival for Jessica's affection. For her, there are only two possible reasons why her beautiful classmate is still not romantically attached to her Chinese friend. It's either because she's dense when it comes to matters about attraction. Or, she's just preserving their friendship, afraid that love might tear it into pieces.

"You cannot fall in love without the element of trust Jess. Believe me. Whoever that person is, you have at least an ounce of trust for him or her."

Silence reigned between them. After a while, Jessica spoke with fear noted in her voice. "I don't want this feeling Sooyoung."

"Why not? Falling in love is an amazing experience Jess. You should not be afraid of it. It's gonna make you feel the kind of happiness you never experienced before."

"I don't want to try not being afraid of it. I'm not prepared to let someone into my heart because I am afraid for that person to abandon me once she experienced the weight of my burden. I am not ready to lose someone again Sooyoung. It hurts so much to lose someone you love, be that person related to you by blood or not."

Sooyoung didn't make any more comments because she understands Jessica's reasons. She and Daniel know too well why their friend has a lot of reservations. What she'd been through and still going through built a wall that guards her heart from another dose of pain.

Silently, Sooyoung prayed for Jessica to learn to overcome her fear. She wants her to fall in love because she believes that it will help her find her real happiness.

******

It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon at Daegu. While Jessica and Daniel are inside their respective rooms, Tiffany's at the garden doing her chores. She's humming a song while watering the plants when she heard footsteps closing in. She stopped what she's doing and turned around to see who the person is. It's him - the president's youngest son who borrowed Jessica's car.

"Good afternoon Miss!" he greeted with a smile that turned his eyes into crescents. "You must be Tiffany, the one brother said is living with our sister. I've seen you before but I forgot the courtesy of giving you my greetings. Pardon me for such rudeness, Miss. That time, I was too pre-occupied with convincing my sister to let me borrow her car."

Tiffany's grip on the water hose loosened. fell ajar and she didn't know what to say to the man who addressed Jessica as his sister. "President Rain and this man are Jessica's brothers?" she asked herself in utter disbelief. She then recalled what Daniel told her about Jessica's father. He said that he is also a famous person. Hence, Tiffany wondered if having a Jung Il Woo claiming Jessica as his sister means that the country's president is her biological father. 

Il Woo waved his hand in front of the stupefied girl. He was about to say something to her when he was interrupted by Daniel's presence. The young man told Tiffany to get inside the house. The latter followed without any ado because her mind's too busy processing what she just heard regarding Jessica's family background.

"What are you doing here Mr. Jung?" Daniel asked with a voice that's voided with friendliness. "I don't think you've given us notice for your arrival."

The president's son hissed in disapproval. "Giving prior notice is not a necessary thing for me to do Daniel. I am Jessica's brother so the rules for strangers do not apply to me. Hyung sees her almost everyday. So why can't I come here to see her?"

"You only come to her when you need something. Stop bothering her Mr. Jung. Jessica had enough of your mother's wrath. You're only causing her harm by coming here."

Il Woo's jaw tensed while staring at Daniel. He doesn't like what the young man said about him. "Is that how you really see me?" he asked. "Your accusation is false Daniel Yang. I also care about Jessica. I value her as a sister even if her mother was my father's mistress."

"Oh really?" Paying respect to a Jung Il Woo is not in Daniel's vocabulary. He hates him half as much as he hates Mrs. Jung. "If you really care for her, why didn't you protect her from your mother? Why did yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter