Chapter 13

I Could Not Ask For More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's already an hour past midnight yet Jessica's eyes remained wide open. In the past years, her reason for staying up this late is because she's reminiscing about how terrible her life unfolded at a tender age. But now it's for another reason. And that is because she's busy staring and adoring the face of the person sleeping peacefully beside her.

After her girlfriend's sweet surprise at the basement, Jessica requested for Tiffany to sleep beside her. She even asked her to share her room from now on. When the eye-smiling girl asked why, the answer she got was like music flowing mellifluously into her ears. 

"I want you to be the first person I see in the morning and the last I want to bless my eyes everytime a day ends. I want to keep you close to me in every opportunity that I get. I want to hug you and kiss you everytime I say goodnight. That is why I want to share my room with you from now on. Will that be okay with you, my dearest Tiffany Hwang?"

Jessica sounded effortlessly romantic with her proposal so Tiffany's smile was the widest when she answered with a yes.

Now, while Tiffany is asleep, Jessica once again confessed how her life changed after the girl came into her life. There's plenty of things she is grateful of because of Tiffany and she'll never get tired of saying it again and again, whether there is someone listening or not.

"Protecting my mom's properties used to be the only reason why I endured living my cruel life. But after you came, I found another reason to live and I also learned to appreciate the people who had always been there to support me. You, Daniel and Soo are my biggest source of strength Tiff. I am grateful to have all of you by my side. I swear that whatever happens, I will protect all three of you just like how you are protecting me. Always keep in mind that I love you so much. There is nothing in this world that can equate how worthy you are in my life." 

Jessica then placed a feathery kiss on Tiffany's lips. She nuzzled against her, and let the girl's scent lull her into sleep.

By the time Tiffany woke up, Jessica is already set for school. She's done cooking and in fact, she's also done preparing her little surprise for Tiffany. That surprise is a simple yet romantic breakfast in bed.

"Good morning!" Jessica greeted, placing a peck on Tiffany's lips. "Your breakfast is ready Miss Tiffany," she added with a sweet smile.

Tiffany glanced at the food tray beside her. What Jessica prepared are her favorites among the foods her lover cooked since her first day in Daegu. She has already tried a variety of pizza and pasta but none of it tastes better than the ones made by Jessica. There's something in the way she cooks which makes every outcome delightful to Tiffany's taste buds.

"A breakfast in bed. What a lovely way to begin my day. I never knew my first morning as your roommate will be as special as this. You're really good at surprising me Jessi."

Jessica smiled proudly and replied, "Expect more to come as I continue falling deeply for you. Like I said before, your love is a good teacher so you can expect me to learn more ways to impress you. Go wash your face now. It's wrong to keep the food waiting."

Jessica even volunteered to feed Tiffany while she's seated on her lap, making their morning more perfect than it already is.

At the university, instead of a regular class schedule in the morning, the second year nursing students were asked to gather at the auditorium. Today they will practice for their upcoming Capping and Pinning Ceremony - a ceremony that is being held before the students are exposed to the hospitals and other health facilities. Students from other classes love this kind of gathering because it gives them a chance to gawk at their campus crushes - Jessica and Daniel - for as much as they want.

"She really is so pretty," said a blonde student while staring dreamily at Jessica. "I wish I was born as Tiffany-ssi. It would be awesome to be known as the girl who captivated the Jessica Jung's heart."

A girl on her right nudged the blonde girl named Sunny and reprimanded her for not paying attention to their teacher, who is now briefing them about the practice schedule. "Stop dreaming because it will not change the fact that we'll only be fangirls of Jessica-ssi. Look at her. She's not a player type so others don't stand a chance while Tiffany-ssi remains her girlfriend."

"Joohyun is right Sunny-ah," their friend Irene agreed. "Let's just be contented of seeing Jessica-ssi happy with someone she loves. And..." She clasped her hands and excitedly thought about something. "Let's look forward to our capping ceremony. Jessica-ssi will be wearing a nurse's uniform for the very first time. It's going to be the best scene in this school for sure."

"I agree. That is why I'm looking forward to Saturday."

At Shinjae, there's plenty of students who wished they were on Tiffany's shoes. They are jealous of her because she is the one who succeeded in captivating the Jessica Jung's heart. Some even tried to ruin Tiffany's image by exposing the mistakes she committed as a student in Xavier, hoping it will make Jessica break up with her. But poor them because it didn't change Jessica's feelings for the eye-smiling girl.

"Omg! At last we're dismissed!" Sooyoung said, joyfully throwing her hands up in the air to stretch her limbs. "Practice in the morning and brain-racking medical topics in the afternoon sure is the worst combo of all."

Tiffany agreed with Sooyoung. She too feels worn to a frazzle today. "Today is the most energy-draining day I had since I got here. I think I'll need a massage."

"Me too. An hour at the spa will be good enough. But for you, you can just ask Jessi to do the massage. That surprisingly romantic girl might willingly do it. Right Jessi?"

Since it's obvious in Sooyoung's eyes that she has a different kind of "massage" in mind, Jessica glared at her. It didn't scare the taller girl. She's already used to it because she loves teasing her.

"By the way Tiff, is your father going to attend the ceremony?" Sooyoung continued to ask.

"Yes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter