Chapter 2

I Could Not Ask For More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gaping is a verb that rarely applies to Tiffany Hwang ever since she became the rebellious student in her previous university. Nothing and no one arrests her attention easily because she is a person who thinks highly of herself and the things she has. If there are other people whom she cares about and shares a compliment - even just by a little or so - they are no other than her deceased mother and her loyal friends, Laura LaFrate and Sophie Sumner. This time, however, a beautiful stranger in her new domicile did manage to hold Tiffany's attention in just a snap of a finger. One look to the entryway of the dining area was all it took the deviant girl to forget the house rules she's complaining about, to have fall agape, to fail in averting her gaze back to her dinner plate, and to become speechless while gaping at the woman who's looking at her with stern eyes.

This person who managed to have a magnitude of effect to Tiffany Hwang is no other than Jessica Jung - the intriguing twenty year-old owner of the bungalow where the American girl is expected to stay until she finishes her college degree. Jessica is a woman born with an unmistakable duende. Even the most reluctant and busiest human beings on earth will most probably end up staring at her until her shadow can no longer be seen. Judging from the way she looks from head to toe, no matter what it is that Jessica is going to wear - be it a basic, baggy or shanky type of outfit - she might still be able to draw a lot of attention. Her emotionless eyes are unusually enticing to look at for as much as a person wants. Her brown, velvety hair is a praise-magnet just like her facial features. And lastly, her well-proportioned figure is something to die for. In other words, the woman Tiffany had just met is a human carved into perfection.

"Wipe that drool off your face Miss Hwang," Jessica said as soon as she occupied the head seat of the dining table. Daniel stood up immediately to grab a dinnerware for his friend to use. He also prepared a cup of Jessica's favorite Irish coffee and a few pieces of almond cookies. Words are not needed for Daniel to know that his bestfriend still hasn't had her breakfast. "You're not supposed to be drooling at someone you've just called a witch. A witch is an ugly person and I'm not," the young woman added with a sly smirk.

Tiffany was supposed to deny Jessica's claim. But she failed to do so when she realized that she really drooled while staring at her. "Don't you have something nicer to say other than embarrassing me?" Tiffany retorted but Jessica was unfazed with what she said and how she's looking at her.

"I wasn't embarrassing you, Miss Hwang," Jessica said sternly. "I simply stated the fact because that is what I prefer to do instead of making up a lie. If you cannot accept it, then deal with it with however you want to."

After shutting up Tiffany with her flinty reply, Jessica focused on enjoying her meal. The way she sliced the steak, the way she stuffed , and the way she sipped her coffee were all graceful. It actually seemed like she was trained to act like a princess when she was a kid. She barely talked even if isn't full. The only time she entertained Daniel's questions was when she's done eating her meal. She focused her attention only to him and purposely ignored Tiffany's existence - an act which aggravated the latter's irritation.

"Yah! Aren't you at least going to introduce yourself to me?" Tiffany huffed, forgetting what Daniel said about observing table manners. "I'm new to this house Miss. It's a common courtesy for you to at least say something that will make me feel welcomed."

Jessica averted her gaze to the ranting woman. Her stare was so cold that it sent another shiver down Tiffany's spine. "My friend already told you the important things you must know about me. Hence, introducing myself is not necessary. Why, Miss Hwang? What else do you want to know about me? My favorite foods? The places I love to visit? The color of my underwear? Those things are so cliché, don't you think? If you want me to welcome you, then fine." Jessica stretched her hand for a handshake and smiled in a manner that was annoying for Tiffany. "Welcome to my house, Miss Tiffany Hwang. Make sure you have enough patience while staying here... because this place is going to be your purgatory for three years." After saying such surprising remarks, Jessica got up and went straight to her bedroom.

Tiffany was left extremely riled up with how the Jung treated her on their first encounter. Her hand was balled into a fist when she slammed the table. "Such a foul attitude your bestfriend has! It's a total opposite of her lovely face!" she complained to Daniel, who's next responsibility is most probably being the mediator of the house's Tom and Jerry. "I'm going to teach that girl a lesson. No one has any right to insult a Tiffany Hwang."

"I don't think you'd succeed in doing that Miss Tiffany. My friend's personality is the best match against yours. It's one of the reasons why your father chose her to look after you," Daniel said with the intention of giving an advice to Tiffany. He brought out a small catalog envelope and gave it to the American girl. "It's a copy of your class schedule. Tomorrow you will begin your journey as a new student of Shinjae University. Goodluck on carrying out your house duties. I'll just be outside to clean the frontyard. Feel free to call me if you need help with anything."

Almost all kinds of words used for swearing left Tiffany's mouth while she's doing the household chores assigned to her. She's never washed the dishes her whole life, nor has she tried wiping the sink and dining table. She's used of having several servants doing everything for her. But now, she has to do it by herself.

Due to the fact that Tiffany doesn't know how to properly clean a house, Jessica was not happy with the result. "Cleaning doesn't only mean removing specks Miss Hwang," the disappointed Jessica said to the eye-smiling girl. "You also have to make sure that everything are properly arranged. Therefore, these condiment bottles need to be returned properly, these plates have to be arranged according to size and shape, and those chairs have to be pushed back to it's original place. Do you get it?"

The impatient Tiffany puffed an air to her fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter