It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Has To Pee

Family is Not Just Blood (A Chanbaek Family Drabble Book)

A/N: Based off a true story (AKA my family road trips).

 

Ages:

Chanyeol: 35

Baekhyun: 36

Yifan: 11

Yixing: 10

Jongdae: 9

Minsoon: 6

 

~

 

“Kids, we’re going on a field trip,” Were the last words the Byun-Park kids heard before their parents (read: their dad) pushed them into their family minivan, and drove off, heading for a destination unknown.

 

It was the weekend before spring break ended and the Byun-Park family had done absolutely nothing during the entire break. Unless you count visiting their neighbors almost daily as doing something. Yet, the children, especially Jongdae and Minsoon, itched to go on an adventure. Sure, their family friends were nice to hang out with, yet traveling somewhere unknown held this magic to it that appealed to the youngest of the Byun-Park’s. Finally, after spring break was practically over, Chanyeol and Baekhyun pulled together a last minute family trip that was certain to be remembered for years to come.

 

(“What should we do, Chan?” Byun Baekhyun questioned his husband as he assisted said man in making their family’s dinner.

 

“I don't know, Baek.” Chanyeol answered honestly as he lifted the boiling pot of soup from the stove to settle on the table, nearly spilling its contents on the floor along the way.

 

They were met with complete silence as they continued to prepare their dinner. Suddenly, Baekhyun suggested, “Kyungsoo invited us to go to Disneyland with his family this weekend.”

 

At the mention of the demon- I mean Kyungsoo’s name, Chanyeol’s eyes comically widened. He’s glad he already placed the pot of boiling soup on the table. If he had not, he would have dropped it at the news, therefore wasting a good 20,000 won. “No,” He declared. “I’m not allowing this. I can't be in the same vicinity as him for more than 6 hours.”

 

Baekhyun paused what he was doing and swiftly turned to face his partner. With his hands on his hips, he asked, “Well what do you suggest we do, Mr. I-Won’t-Let-My-Kids-Have-Fun?”

 

“I got it, Baek. Don't worry your pretty little head over it.”)

 

~

 

“Best trip ever,” Yifan muttered sarcastically as he stared at the ever changing scenery. He attempted to ignore the chaos that occurred within the meer two hours of leaving home.

 

During the first hour, the ride had been peaceful. Miraculously, Jongdae and Minsoon were quietly whispering amongst themselves, careful to not disturb their parents as they navigate the roads to their destination (which still remained unknown). Everything was going along smoothly, until the second hour of the trip.

 

However, during the second hour, Yixing started to squirm in his seat while staring nervously at their papa’s head. Apparently, Baekhyun noticed as well because he asked, “Do you need something, honey?”

 

Yixing shifted before he blurted, “I NEED TO PEE!!!”

 

The volume of his answer caused Jongdae and Minsoon to pause their conversation, Yifan and Baekhyun to widen their eyes, and for Chanyeol to nearly swerve off the road. “Why didn’t you go before we left?!”

 

“I didn’t need to go before.”

 

Baekhyun turned to his husband before he took a look at the GPS. Oh no, he thought. Apparently, they are two hours away from the nearest rest stop and they are in the middle of the freeway, stuck in traffic.

 

“Yixing, can you hold it in for two more hours?”

 

Yixing rapidly shook his head. “I CAAAAANNN’TTT!”

 

That leaves for one more option.  

 

“Minsoon, can you grab the bucket next to you?”

 

~

 

Due to the fact that they were stuck in traffic and there were no signs of moving anytime soon, Baekhyun ordered Yixing to unbuckle his seatbelt and to move towards the rear of the vehicle where the bucket was located. Meanwhile, he ordered Jongdae and Minsoon (Both of which sat in the rear) to head towards Yixing’s former place. This served two purposes. One of which being that it gave Yixing enough privacy to do his business (The boy was extremely pee shy). The other being that Baekhyun wanted to keep Minsoon and her brother from witnessing anything scarring. (Minsoon was a firm believer that everyone had the same parts and no one had the heart to tell her otherwise; she’s still six, therefore she does not need to know).

 

Minutes had passed and Yixing had yet to empty his bladder. It had been ten minutes before Baekhyun asked, “Everything okay back there?”

 

He heard Yixing shifting before he replied, “Can you guys leave? For just one minute?”

 

“Are you kidding me!” Jongdae protested. “Hyung, we’ll cover our ears. Just pee already.”

 

“I can’t! I’m pee shy!”

 

After seeing that the car was not moving anytime soon, the family exited the van and waited a few minutes before Yixing gave them the approval to enter again. Soon after, Chanyeol quickly disposed of the bucket contents somewhere and went back to the car to continue their grueling journey.

 

(“I’m telling you, we should have taken Kyungsoo’s offer.”

 

“Shush! This is fun. We don’t need to go to Disneyland to have fun.”

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“I think you need to have your definition of ‘fun’ checked.”)

 

~

 

The Byun-Park’s were only a few miles short of their destination after only five hours. That is until the GPS decided to stop working. During this time, the children were fast asleep in their seats, except Yifan. He was restless and grumpy to put it shortly. He could have been spending his time doing something productive, such as video games and basketball. Instead, he had to be here in a van with five other people, suffering from the stench of urine still present. Thank you Yixing, he thought bitterly.

 

As the GPS powered down, Yifan noticed how his papa’s eyes widened as his dad whispered a mantra of no no no. With it now useless, his papa deeply sighed and commented, “We are doomed if you are the driver.”

 

“Hey!” His dad retaliated.

 

Without a guide, Yifan’s parents continued on with their memory, which later turned out to be the worst decision in history if Park Chanyeol is the one manning the wheel. Yifan silently watched as his parents bicker over directions with one thought in his mind: If I ever get married to him, is this how we’ll act in the future.

 

“I’m telling you, Chanyeol, we needed to go left at the last turn! But no! You turned right!”

 

“The GPS said to go left! You just can’t remember old man!”

 

“Excuse me!”

 

“It was a left turn!”

 

“No! We were supposed to be on 3rd Street but look where we are! We’re in fu- I mean Wind Avenue!”

 

Slowly but surely, Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s argument over directions started to stir the rest of the children. One by one, each child slowly gained focus, well partially, and stared questionably at their parents. In their minds, each questioned the actions of their papa and dad. Their parents’ argument was only broken until Jongdae blurted, “You were suppose to head straight for six kilometers until you reached 3rd Street. Then you turn left before you make a right.”

 

~

 

(“How did Jongdae know where to go?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Nonetheless, we have arrived!”

 

“Chanyeol…”

 

“Yes…”

 

“Are you telling me suffered this five ing hour car trip to end up at a farm.”

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“It’s better than Disneyland, right?”

 

“Sometimes I question myself as to why I married you of all people.”

 

“You love me.”

 

“Shut up. Unless you want to rid the car of pee yourself.”

 

“...”

 

“But I love you too…”

 

Smooch!)

 

A/N:

 

And that is the end! See you next time! I’m sorry if it was a little rushed. I tried to finish this before I went to sleep and functioning on five hours of sleep is not healthy according to my friends… Anyway… Good night!

 

Tootles!