Papa's Makeup

Family is Not Just Blood (A Chanbaek Family Drabble Book)

Ages: 

Baekhyun= 36

Chanyeol= 35

Yifan= 11

Yixing= 10

Jongdae= 9

Minseok (Minsoon)= 6 

Based on an Instagram post

It is a quiet Friday afternoon. Too quiet considering the household is home to the one and only Byun-Parks. Ah... the Byun-Park family. A rowdy family of 6; the fathers being the only Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol with their three sons (Jongdae, Yixing, and Yifan) and their daughter (the 'sweet and innocent' Minsoon). Around the neighborhood, they are known as the lovable, loud, and fun family. Everyone is friends with them, so it is understandably disconcerting to know that the house is quiet. 

Anyway, Byun Baekhyun is at home this one fine Friday afternoon, trying to complete his newest chapter to submit to his editor and friend Kim Joonmyeon. His husband is currently at work attempting to finish composing the debut song for a new girl group his company assigned him to. His eldest son is at a friend's house, his second eldest is at dance practice, and his second youngest is also at a friend's house. The only person that is with him is his youngest child. Knowing that she is probably doing whatever little kids do in their free time, Baekhyun stops his pondering and continues to work. He desperately tries to ignore an upcoming headache from all of the words on the screen. 

Unknown to him, little Minsoon is in the living room, attempting to grab the T.V. remote from its place on the top shelf. She knew she isn’t allowed to watch the tube without one of her parents or siblings, but Minsoon wants to prove to her family that she is a big girl, not a baby. As she leaves the room to get a chair for leverage, the house phone rings.

Suddenly, an idea pops into Minsoon’s head. If she couldn't reach the T.V. remote, she could just answer the phone with her 'big girl voice'. She had witnessed both of her parents answer the phone beforehand and it seemed so easy at the time! With a smile, Minsoon abandons the chair and makes her way to the phone, sitting on its throne of the al' mighty low-lying coffee table. 

She grabs the phone and presses the green button, having seen her fathers press this specific button (not the red one or the gray one, the green one... get it right) before talking. Then, she speaks with a firm, yet adorable, voice. "Hello!" 

A few seconds pass before a bell-like voice rings in Minsoon's ears. "Hello, sweetie! Is there a lady in the house I can talk to?" 

This is so easy! Minsoon thinks. "That's me!" She finally replies with a giggle. 

The nice lady's voice comes back. "Aren't you a cutie! But, can I talk to your mother perhaps?"

Minsoon furrows her eyebrows. "No. I don't have a mommy. But I have two daddies!"

"Oh! Never mind then. Have a nice day, sunshine!"

"Wait!" Minsoon exclaims. "Why did you call?" 

"I was just trying to sell some makeup. But never mind."

Makeup? Wasn't that the stuff Papa used? Minsoon ponders. "Don't go!" She declares again. Papa would want this stuff... Right?... I should get it! She reasons in her mind again. "My papa uses that to make him pretty! Stay here ma'am, please!" Minsoon sets down the phone and runs to fetch her papa.

She runs to her parents' office and quietly opens the door. There, she finds her papa doing something really complicated on the computer (well, complicated in a 6-year-old's perspective). Without delay, she grabs Papa's hand and proceeds to drag him to the living room while screaming, "Papa! Papa! There's this really really nice lady on the phone with makeup thingys!"

Baekhyun, on the other hand, is confused as to why his little angel was in his shared office with his husband. And why she seems very excited. He silently follows her to the house phone with a perplexed expression and didn't flinch when she powerfully s the phone in his hands. (Where and when did she possess this strength?). Baekhyun lifts the phone to his ears and lets out a polite, "Hello?" and continues to converse with the sales lady.

Let's just say that Byun Baekhyun ends up buying 50 packs of eyeliner and concealer with the help of his angel, not telling his clueless husband a thing until his crucial package arrives. 

["Honey!? Why is there 5 boxes of makeup addressed to you?! And why in the world is it 230,000 won?!"]

~

And that concludes the drabble! Stay tuned for more of this adorkable family! I apologize if it's OOC! 

Anyway... Tootles!

tumblr_m2wjenHoRT1qfr9dro1_250.gif

Any requests?