Coffee Guy

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘’-thank you so much for your time.’’ The girl bowed deeply with a dark blush decorating her cheeks, Siwon smiled meekly at her as the nervous girl left his table. Another left, he swore his heartfelt for the poor graduate students, the smell of fresh nerves tensed the air. He attended this university once a year to gather possible new potential for his company, unlike most companies, he preferred to estimate candidates himself despite his busy schedule. Unfortunately, he hadn’t seen any golden fish swimming in his pond, Siwon looked over to the stall next to him that was also busy to weed through the crowd of students. ‘’Coffee?’’ A low voice brought him back to the moment. ‘’Ah, yes tha-, ‘’ his speech failed him as he looked at a lanky male, his skin milky white and darker eyes that used to enchant him with sweaty nights and cold showers. ‘’Yes, it is me. I never thought I would see such an unpleasant expression from your face.’’ He coughed, bringing his eyebrows down to their usual stance, ignoring the smirk on the younger’s face. The boy sat down, leaning back in his chair, his grey blouse and black jeans casual, but he couldn’t help but stare at the collarbone that popped out. ‘’Kyuhyun-ah, how are you? I haven’t seen you for years.’’ Almost five years, Siwon took the warm coffee with a smile. His eyes roaming over his old neighborhood boy, dear God had done a significant job over time. He swore he could kill hours by staring and finding the differences that time had made. The shorter haircut, the lighter shade of brown, his sharper jawline and the few inches he had painstakingly grown, Siwon gulped down the coffee, letting the painful burn in his throat kill his thoughts.

‘’I’m alright, work for Jung Corp for about a year now.’’ The male waved casually over to one of the empty stands. Work, not a student, not a teenager. The idea was mad on a different level of insanity. Sure, he still visited Kangin and Leeteuk’s household once a month. He had made a mistake to think moving would keep the mother of the boy away from bashing his door in with the famous white containers of food. Despite his occasional visits, he hadn’t seen Kyuhyun in a single one of them.  ‘’I heard from Leeteuk you moved out.’’ Kyuhyun nodded and threw one of his legs over the other, he was the only person who had sat so confidently in his chair since the morning. ‘’Yeah, Sungkyunkwang offered me a place in their private curriculum. Naturally, I moved out. I’m sure Eomma nagged the complaints of I’m sure Eomma complained until your ears bled.’’ His chuckle had changed to a lower pitch. ‘’That said, Eomma told me you should come over tonight.’’ The boy, man- Kyuhyun, leaned on his table and gave him a lazy smile. ‘’Drive me home, I carpooled here,’’ and with that Kyuhyun stood up to join a pretty woman who joined him in their stand, leaving Siwon frozen in his seat.

 

Tapping his black Breguet, he leaned back on his Audi. What was he doing, he hadn’t seen Kyuhyun in five-year, it was bound to meet the boy again. Man, he was a man now. A working adult. The idea was screwing with his mind, Kyuhyun was his sweet but rather snarky boy next door. He was that, he had engraved the image in his brain after he left. He shouldn’t feel this way, it had been years. He had seen the pictures Leeteuk swooned about every time the man managed to sneak a picture of his evasive son. Kangin had shared enough stories over the phone, or the occasional business meet, of Kyuhyun’s wild student life. Not once, he had felt the nervous sweat that was now on his hands. ‘’.’’ He took out his phone and speed dialed the only person he could talk about.

‘’Heechul-hyung!’’

‘’For God’s sake Won, which student hurt your feelings by commenting on your eyebrows?’’ From the sound of the TV, he had interrupted his friend in his drama time. Just the sound of his complaining hyung made him feel more comfortable. ‘’It’s not that hyung, I’m having a problem. Although, one of the girls actually gave me a card from her mother who would help me with my ‘extensive hair grow.’ Can you believe it?!’’ The girl had obviously thought she had done the right deed, with the sweet smile on her face after she hopped from her chair. His eyebrows were perfectly fine! ‘’Yes, yes, eyebrow issues, maybe you should give it a try. -No buts, Won! Now, what is the problem?’’ Siwon pouted on the phone and turned around, no Kyuhyun to be seen, the boy was late. ‘’It’s about Kyuhyun.’’ The name of the boy felt weird on his tongue, like a long-forgotten song he used to listen to every day. ‘’Who? Oh, isn’t that the neighborhood boy you were crushing on years ago. Let me guess, you saw him and you’re panicking. -aha, shut it, let Heenim speak. You are worrying over nothing. He is just the son of your friends. You’ve had multiple lovers over the past five years, don’t forget you were almost married. You’re just afraid to be awkward around your old crush, stop acting like a school girl, man.’’ Siwon sighed on his phone, his hand swiping over his face as he tried to listen to the wise words of the self-proclaimed Heenim. He was right though, he was being silly. It was just Kyuhyun, nothing to be weird about. It just felt a bit strange because he had distanced himself from the younger for so long. ‘’Yes, that’s right. Now, I’m going back to watching my drama. See you later tonight.’’ Siwon looked at his phone, the beep was the evidence of a death line, he hadn’t even noticed he had thought out loud.

‘’Ah, Siwon-ah, there you are.’’ Kyuhyun smiled, the beautiful girl from before hooked on his arm. The white long skirt fluttered around her ankles. ‘’Sorry, it took a bit longer than expected, I had to call Yunho-ssi you see. Found a good candidate, not a student but a hyung called Shim Changmin.’’ Kyuhyun wore his victorious smile, the girl on his arm patiently smiled at the man on her arms before she bowed. ‘’Oh, this is Sulli.’’ The girl smiled sweetly before giving Kyuhyun a peck on his cheek. ‘’I got to go, I see you tomorrow.’’ She let go of his hand, not before Kyuhyun give her a dashing smile before he waved her off. ‘’Now, let’s go, shall we? Eomma will kill us if we’re late for now reason.’’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter