Hello Neighbor

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His room was dark like the night, heavy black curtains shut out the outside world, the only hint of daylight was the small gap between his curtains, the sunlight in his room just enough to not hurt his eyes as he watched at the bright screen that was connected to his computer. Checking building orders, look at the resources, keep an eye on the enemy, no reapers yet. Everything was following his plan, the other guy obviously didn’t know what he should be doing, no doubt his growing army was making his opponent sweat the fat out of his chair. Time to snuff him out, sending his army to the workers, his red units started to obliterate the low blue units. Cackling in his chair he leaned back as he watched his precious babies eat the opponent that could do nothing but look as his army died without the needed army force to protect his workers.

‘’Kyuhyun-ah, come and eat your lunch.’’ The voice behind his door interrupted his moment of overlord, leaving him sighing at the horrible timing that demised his victorious feeling. ‘’Coming!’’ He yelled back. Kyuhyun looked at the screen his name in grand letters displayed on his led screen. Okay, maybe it didn’t erode the feeling of his win after all. He stretched his rust muscles with a satisfied groan, the screen beamed brightly at him with obvious longing for him to play, but he was sure his mom would burst into his room with a metaphorical battering ram and force feed him until he puked of regret. Yeah, time for food. The boy swung out of his chair and opened the curtains, the dim light of autumn brightening the room, squinting his eyes he looked out on the street. A man in his Audi had put his coffee on top of his car, of course, a dog from a passer-by took the time to jump up to the man, letting him fall back against the car. Poor fool, coffee was dripping down his suit and from the obvious stripes that were eyebrows, the man was not happy.

‘’Now, Cho Kyuhyun!’’ The voice yelled once more. ‘’Aish, eomma you’re going to get wrinkles if you keep yelling like that!’’ He screamed back as he left his room for what it was, the smell of fish and kimchi activating the hunger of a deprived gamer.

 

Kyuhyun glanced sideways at his mother, the slim man was laughing softly at the TV that played one of his mother’s favorite variety shows, usually, his mother would laugh obnoxiously loud but today he was considerate enough to keep it down as Kyuhyun did his homework in the living room, like a diligent son. Snorting he wrote the last equations down in his notebook, he was far past the current math level of his class but they didn’t have to know that. Starcraft had taught him to keep some cards hidden until the last moment, especially when it was the actual game that was at stake. Sure, his mother would be delighted to see him excel and his father would be proud, but he still had a good year left before he would graduate and leave for college. University would kill his game time significantly is Changmin’s recent absence was anything to go by. ‘’Done, I’m going to play some more Starcraft.’’ He announced, receiving a happy hum from the couch. Just as he scraped the chair back, the doorbell rang. Kyuhyun glanced at his mother, but the way his mother looked at him, all settled and comfy on the couch, it was clear his poor game had to wait for his master. Who was it anyway, Dad was on a business trip for the weekend, there was no way he was home early unless he was fired, not that he would come home after becoming fired. He would be out of the door instantly, job-hunting if his mother had a say in it.

He moved to the door. Yeah, it was slightly ironic, his parents were earth and heaven but somehow it always worked out between them. Kyuhyun peeped through the eyeglass in the door, a defined face stared patiently in front of him. That was definitely not a delivery boy. Feeling the heat rush to his cheeks, he opened the door, putting his hands into his sweatpants.

‘’Uhm, hello?’’

‘’Hello, nice to meet you. I’m Choi Siwon, your new neighbor.’’

‘’Oh-coffee guy.’’ Kyuhyun’s head tilted slightly as he watched the tall man in his suit, a different one from a few days before. Chuckling he felt the blush on his face fade, Siwon was incredible, infuriating handsome. The strong line of his jaw, the well-defined nose, and dark eyes fitted strangely perfect with the two blocks that were his eyebrows. The business suit gave his figure a clear cut in the waist, simply a killer figure, that spilled coffee because of a dog. Schooling his features, Siwon looked slightly confused, he couldn’t truly keep his lips from quirking up.

‘’I-I’m sorry, what?’’ Siwon smiled but his eyes blinked in utter confusion. Oh, he really wanted to laugh out loud, but he would get a slap to the head if he was rude to the neighbors. His mother yelled from the couch. ‘’Eomma, it’s the new neighbor, come over!’’ He responded and he heard the scuffle and curious sounds from his mom. Siwon was distracted by the noise, giving Kyuhyun a good time to appreciate the looks of his blessed neighbor.

‘’Oh, such a handsome guy. Hello, nice to meet you, I’m Leeteuk. This is my son, Kyuhyun, my husband is currently out for business but I’m sure you will meet him over time.’’ His mom and Siwon exchange

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter