Strong Heart

Fighting For The Dream{HIATUS}

 

Secret's fan-board was getting flooded by messages even more now, things grew past the point of chaotic as soon as their comeback video was up on their page. There were still a lot of those who didn't want ~~~~~~ in Secret and were making threats against her, there were also those who were now more intrigued by the idea of her as Secret's new leader. As the threats got worse, ~~~~~~~'s supporters grew and defended her, causing an online 'war' between Hyosung''s fans and them(~~~~~~'s  fans).

 

This was considered a big scandal and then covered by other korean music sites, and some newspapers who twisted things up as usual.  People who hadn't known of Secret before now couldn't stop making small comments over the matter. During this, some even looked up Secret, and  became fans. It really was something that seemed like it would take some time to die out, the chaos. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~ was looking at the table top blankly as she nibbled idly on a piece of toast, unaware of the 'fanwar' happening online, not that she didn't already suspect something like that wouldn't happen. Anything was possible once you entered the idol world. 

 

"~~~~~~~-ah," Manager Shim called out as he watched ~~~~~~'s expressionless form. 

 

"Yes, manager-nim?" ~~~~~~~ responded once she snapped out of her stupor and met his eyes. 

 

"I've been getting calls from a lot of shows since this morning, they want you to make an appearance." He started, "The company thinks it would be a good thing for you to go on and address this 'scandal' . You up to it?" 

 

~~~~~~~'s lips formed a small pout as she thought it over a bit before smiling slowly, "Sure, it sure beats  waiting around as this gets blown out of proportion." 

 

 

 

 

 

[[outfit;http://lookbook.nu/look/1293457-11131]]

~~~~~~ let out a pent up breath as she studied her reflection in the mirror before standing up and giving herself a small pep-talk mentally. She hoped that by addressing this,the waters calmed down somewhat, and people would try to give her a chance.

 

Today's appearance was on Strong Heart. This was her first public appearance(on television) ever, so it was safe to say that her stomach was in small knots as she stepped out into the studio and saw some of the guests in place already. 

 

"~~~~~~-ssi, thanks for accepting our invitation," Lee Seung Gi and Kang Ho Dong commented as she bowed and said a quick 'thank you' before continuing to your assigned place.

 

Of course, even the idols knew of the scandal, it was practically on all the news coverages. 

 

"Hi, ~~~~~~~-ssi." Donghae greeted as she sat in her place, which was next to him. 

 

"Hi, Donghae-ssi," ~~~~~~ responded with a calm smile. 

 

Eunhyuk leaned over with a grin and waved at ~~~~~~, "Hi~ You're pretty." He blurted out quickly before a small blush took over his features as he covered his face with his hands.

 

~~~~~~ laughed as she returned his wave, "Coming from someone handsome as you, thanks~" She responded playfully, only causing Eunhyuk's blush to darken.

 

Donghae laughed at Eunhyuk's behavior as he peeked slightly at ~~~~~~ from behind his hands, waiting for his blush to subside.

 

Leeteuk studied ~~~~~~ for a brief moment before a small frown touched his lips, 'I don't see why people are making such a big deal and being so mean, ~~~~~~-ssi looks like a nice girl.'

 

"Hi, ~~~~~~-ssi." Leeteuk announced with a smile once ~~~~~~'s laughter slowed. 

 

~~~~~~ gave a warm smile as she returned his greeting. This wasn't as bad as she'd thought it would be. 

 

 

 

The guests had already told their stories and now it was ~~~~~~'s turn. 

 

~~~~~~ took a deep breath as she felt all eyes on her as the studio quieted down. 

 

"Growing up I always harbored a deep passion for music and dancing, it was and still continues to be my life. A lot of people in school took to picking on me, putting down my dreams, trying to crush me and make me give up on myself. Soon the bullying reached a point that I just couldn't handle anymore, and I started to constantly doubt myself and crawl into a shell where I'd be safe. My parents though, especially dad, " ~~~~~~ voiced with a sad smile, "They were always there for me and they wouldn't give up on me. My dad slowly started taking me to the studio I would always go to after school, and he'd stand by for hours, waiting for me to start dancing again. This went on for weeks, and I remain the same, I just couldn't go back to what I loved. I was scared, I wasn't prepared for the bullying I'd get again. It was then that my dad kneeled down and looked deeply into my eyes with a smile as he said, 'You're strong, prove them all wrong. Don't make the mistake I did, sweetie. Never give up on your dreams, have faith in yourself and fight for what you love.' A few days after that event, he fell ill and had to be hospitalized. I tried to start dancing again, just like he'd told me to, but I couldn't. When I told him this he smiled at me as he lay in his hospital bed and said, 'Believe in yourself, just like I believe in you and know that you can do this. Don't lose that spark in your heart, embrace it and grow with it.' Seconds after that….he died. It was then that I engraved his words into my heart and pushed myself to accomplish my dreams. The bullying continued, but I no longer paid any attention to it, all that mattered was my dreams. Two years later my mom and I moved to Seoul, and I was then discovered and signed by TS entertainment. Now, here I am…" ~~~~~~ finished with a smile as she wiped away tears that had managed to fall. 

 

"Wow!" Kang Ho Dong exclaimed with awe as clapping filled the studio. 

 

"Your father was right, you really are strong, ~~~~~~-ssi." Jung Ju Ri commented as she leaned over and gave ~~~~~'s shoulder an encouraging, gentle squeeze. 

 

After the chatter died down Lee Seung Gi met ~~~~~~'s eyes and gave a quick smile, "What's your view on the 'fanwar' happening between Hyosung's fans and your fans?" 

 

~~~~~~ glanced down at her lap for a brief moment as she gathered her thoughts before looking back up with a firm expression. "There's no need for a fanwar to start over this. I know a lot of people are upset because I was named Secret's new leader, a lot of them see me as trying to fill Hyosung's place, but I'm not. Hyosung will always be Secret's leader, I'm just a friend filling in until she sorts out her matters and is ready to return." ~~~~~~ responds, "To those supporting me and trying to defend me, thank you, but please don't get into a fight because of it. Everyone's going to have different opinions, just accept their opinions and continue with your lives, don't spend so much time dwelling on one single matter when you can be out doing so much more things with your lives." 

 

Kang Ho Dong made a surprised expression before leaning forward in curiosity from his place at the front. "You and Hyosung already knew each other before all this?" 

 

~~~~~ gave a short nod, "Yes, Secret and I met during our trainee days and have been friends since then." 

 

"Are there any other idols you're friends with?" Lee Seung Gi questioned. 

 

"Right now, no." ~~~~~ responded. 

 

"What are you talking about?" Eunhyuk questioned with a comical expression as he leaned over. 

 

"Yeah, you have friends right here," Donghae commented with a smile as he leaned over as well. 

 

Leeteuk chuckled as he turned a bit towards ~~~~~~ and gave her a thumbs up in agreement, "Number one friends~"

 

The studio filled with laughter at this.

 

 

~~~~~~ ended up winning the Strong Heart that day, and she gained more fans and admirers.