For A While

Over Or Back?! (Get Over Or Bring Back?!)

 

"Did you call yourself special?" Mina asked bravely.

Chaeyoung got flustered by that "W-What?" She mumbled softly then she denies "Special? It's not me.."

Mina laughed gleefully. Chaeyoung knows that Mina is just teasing her because she got flustered easily.

"Geez, stop it."

"Sorry, I was laughing because of your reaction. So this is will be your reaction when someone confesses you? Or rather I confess------"

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Chaeyoung, Mina.. The food is ready downstairs. You two can eat now." Chaeyoung's mom interrupted them.

"Let's eat, Mina."Chaeyoung said, not daring herself to look at Mina's eyes now because she felt embarrassed because her face was surely look like tomato. Chaeyoung got up from her bed and wait for Mina.

Mina raised her both hands because she was lying down on Chaeyoung's bed "Pull me~!" She cutely said.

Chaeyoung did so she grab Mina's hands, lifting her friend's body when suddenly her own body loses balance because of her strength and small body as she end up being on top of Mina.

Nose to nose.
Forehead to forehead.
Skin to skin.
Eyes to Eyes.
Breathe to Breathe.

They stay still without breaking eye contact, looking at each other's eyes like looking themselves on a mirror. Both their cheeks was already red because of their proximity.

Wow.. Mina's face was so smooth even we're so close to each other.. then.. Damn! Her lips looks so soft too! Did I really kiss this lips before?

Chaeyoung lifted her gaze to Mina's. She noticed that the latter was also looking intently on her lips. Chaeyoung let out a shaky breathe when she felt Mina's hand on her back, tugging it tightly as if she doesn't want to let the cub go.

"Chaeng.."

"Hmm?"

"Did you ever kiss someone?" Mina asked like she wasn't being herself. Chaeyoung wondered why Mina asked this question when they were in a situation where they can easily kiss each other at this moment.

"W-Why do you ask?" Chaeyoung nervously asked back instead.

"Just because.." Mina nonchalantly said and asked again "Did Tzuyu kissed you?"

Chaeyoung simply just look at her, don't want to answer that because she doesn't want to remember her first kiss with Tzuyu.

(FLASHBACK)
"Uhmm... Mrs. Son, can I talk to Chaeyoung privately and guys could you go out for a moment, I need to talk to her." Tzuyu said. The gang and Chaeyoung's parents understood it so they went out of the room.

Tzuyu sat beside her on the bed then she holds Chaeyoung's hand, she knitted her eyebrow, giving Tzuyu a questioning look.


"Chaeng.. I know that you follow me all the way through airport. You got this because of me. Don't you know how am I very afraid to lose you.." Tzuyu sighed  and her tears are forming into her eyes as she said the next words.


"Don't you know that you mean a lot to me because you're the first person I've known when I get here. You are the person who taught me to speak Korean well. You are the person who healed my heart and make this heart to love again.. to love you."

 

"Tzuyu-ah...."

 


"Chaeyoung-ah.. You don't know how much I really appreciated your effort to love me and I think this is the time I should make an effort to love you now.."

 


"Stop..." Chaeyoung cutted her words as she spoke "Don't do this, Tzuyu-ah. If you're saying this because Sana just left you. Don't do this. "

 

"I am not doing this because of Sana. I am doing this for YOU! Because... I love you, Son Chaeyoung!" Tzuyu told her loudly to make her believe that she was ready to make herself love Chaeyoung.

 


"I don't believe on you, Chou Tzuyu.  I can see in your eyes that you are just lying." Chaeyoung angrily said.

 


"What makes you believe that I really love you? Hmm.. Maybe I can prove my love by using my actions, tho~" Tzuyu boldy said before kissed her. She cupped her cheeks, Chaeyoung looked at her with big eyes that looks like she is very suprised. Tzuyu lowered and tilted her head, closing the gap between them. 


They kissed. Chaeyoung responded to Tzuyu's kisses. She can feel heat running on my face because of embarassment. Tzuyu pulled away and show a big grin at her.


"So, do you believe me now?" Tzuyu asked her, she just looked at Tzuyu with jaw dropped. Chaeyoung timidly nods like a puppy. Tzuyu give her a smile before she pulled Chaeyoung closely to her as she wrapped her arms around her.

 

"I don't still believe you, Tzuyu. Seeing that you ran away earlier at the school makes me believe that you love Sana than me." Chaeyoung huffed. 

 


"I just ran away to catch up to her flight because I want to tell her that------" Tzuyu stopped and Chaeyoung noticed how Tzuyu look so lost.

 

"That??" Chaeyoung anticipated. Then suddenly Chaeyoung felt tears on her shoulder when Tzuyu leaned and crooked on her neck.

 

"That.......... I---- lll-love y-you...I love you more than anything else and I don't want to lose someone like you."

 


"You rejected her?" Chaeyoung asked and Tzuyu just nod her head. Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around the taller girl.

 

"What did she say?" Chaeyoung asked her again. 

 

"N-Nothing.. because I can't see her. We don't see each other for the last time." Tzuyu lied. 

 

"Really?? I never expect her to do that to you." Chaeyoung said while shaking her head. Tzuyu just hummed as her answer.


"Tzuyu-ah..."

 

"Yes, Chaeng~?" Tzuyu nervously


"I love you." 


Chaeyoung said it like she really mean it. Those three words were not easy to say for someone like Chaeyoung because she is so coward when it comes to love and she never felt this way before. She's so happy whenever Tzuyu is with her or giving attention to her. She just wished that her long time crush answer her this time, not for pretending purposes, not for friendly way but genuinely for real love they might have.

 

"I- I lo-ve y-you, tooo." Tzuyu stuttered.

Chaeyoung sighed silently, patting her back mentally, saying it's okay.. Tzuyu will love her one day not becuase of her offer to help her to forget Sana, simply because she loves Chaeyoung, that's it. 

 

"I never thought that I can finally say this words to you. You know I always dream that I can say these lines for my someone and it's you.. I don't expect myself fall for you like this." Chaeyoung dreamily said even she was hurting inside while looking at Tzuyu.

 

"M-me too. I never thought of this will be h-hhappen." Tzuyu stuttered, kissing her shoulder as assurance.

That's the only time they kiss from Chaeyoung could remember. After that, they never kissed lips to lips.


"I guess you did, you can't look at me." Mina softly said before she traced her thumb on Chaeyoung's lips. Chaeyoung went back from her little reminisce moment of her first kiss with Tzuyu. Her eyes widened from what Mina is doing because she can feel Mina's touch, electrifying her whole body. She was also now on the top of Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung realized their change position, she really didn't notice it. 

"W-What are you doing, Myoui?!" Chaeyoung asked and she was about to get up but Mina pushed her down strongly that almost their lips were only an inch apart.

"Your eyes looks so sad when I asked you about kiss. I think it was a sad memory for you. I wished I could erase those memories." Mina said softly, she caressed Chaeyoung's cheeks firmly, still connected with Chaeyoung's gaze.

"Chaeng, don't ever kiss anyone else, okay?"

Chaeyoung's lips parted a bit and asked "W-What?"

"Just don't..." Mina heavily said before she peck the corner of Chaeyoung's lips that almost make Chaeyoung drive crazy because Mina is being weird again.

"Just kiss the person who truly loves you, okay?" 

"Y-Yeah! Of course.." Chaeyoung stuttered while nodding her head and Mina just smiled at her. "Are you okay, Chaeng? I can feel your heartbeat. It's so strong and loud."

How can she just ask me that casually when she's on the top of me and litterally our faces were really close, of course you can't breathe properly and you need oxygen because of lackness of space between us and it's normal to have loud heartbeat in my situation, right? Not because I was flustered or giddy with her peck, right? Not because I was nervous, right?

"I'm fine, you were just heavy at all. Get off.."

Mina snickered "Tch.. I'm not. You want me to get off because you we're blushing." Mina get up and look at Chaeyoung who is whining at her that she was not blushing. She could just only smile while watching the cub stomping her way to their dining room, ignoring her that makes Mina giggle with the sight.


_____________________________________
Chaeyoung's POV
We're now at the dining room, the food was already set. Mina was beside me while my mom was across from us. Mom inform me that Dad won't be with us for today because he was still on his work even so, we started to eat without him.

"Eat more, kids! Let's celebrate for being Mina part of our fami-- I mean dance team in your school, Cheers!" My mom embarassingly said it, I glared at her and Mina was being kind just smile it off and tossed our cups with soda on it.

 "Yes! Mrs. Son!" Mina happily answered.

"Mrs. Son? Aisshh.. Just call me mom, if you can't call me auntie instead." My mom winked and I swear that they were really close. I felt that my mom treating Mina like her own daughter. While eating, my mom telling almost my embarrassing moments when I was little kid and Mina could only just laugh and I can't do anything to stop it. My mom is really exposing me!

"So Mina, if you two were not dating, did Chaeyoung seeing someone else? I bet she will not share her love life to me anymore when she broke up with Tzuyu-----" My mom stopped her words when Mina immediately answers, ignoring my whines "Nothing, Mrs. Son but she has a lot of admirers in school because of her hair." 


"Aigoo... I don't like those admirers! I was glad that Chaeyoung was picky. Because of her hair, they like my daughter? If you Mina just become a guy, I will assure you that my daughter will fall for you. You were the one who is closest to her ideal guy!"


Mom? What? What are you saying? Why are you telling her about that?! Gosh! This is embarrassing!

"Mom! What are you saying?!" I shouted


Mom just laughed at me  "Why? I'm stating the truth. I tried to observe her, she was the closest one! I would not also mind if she was still girl, as long as she likes you, I will be happy you two!"

"MOOOOMMMM!!!" I protested loudly. Mina giggled and inquire more "What's her ideal type, A-auntie?"

"YESSS!! I'm glad you didn't forget that. Keep calling me auntie!" 

My mom surely likes Mina so much, I'm hundred percent sure. She likes her more than Tzuyu.

"Okay.. Auntie.." Mina smiled while scratching the back of her neck.

"Ideal type? What's being a bestfriend if you didn't talk about your ideal type, Chaeng to her? Look, she was clueless. I guess you didn't tell it because that will be obvious that you like her." My mom teased me more while chewing her food.

"She didn't ask for it before so that's why. Besides, ideal types were just plain stupid." I answered them but Mina was still stubborn as she asked me again "Then I ask this time.. What is your ideal type, Ms. Son Chaeyoung?"


Uhm.. No, I can't tell everything to her right now. My mom was quite right about my ideal type who is quite close to Mina. I must lie and add new ones.

Think, Chaeyoung, Think

"Uhmm... I like tall people.." I said before I pick up my chopstick and eat again.

"Liar.." I heard my mom's mutter so I lifted my head and saw that she was shaking her head. 

"Oh! Like Tzuyu! She was really tall. You really have a thing for taller ones. Oh! Also, Gong Yoo oppa! He's tall too!" Mina exclaimed loudly but my mom stopped her thoughts when she revealed "Stop, Mina. She's lying! She told me before that she don't like tall people because she is small and craning her neck up is really bothering to her. She prefers same height with her or little bit taller than her. Maybe, her height must be in the eye level of that person."

I looked at my mom with disbelief. She really remembers what  everything I'm talking about her. Gosh, mom is a scary person. I thought she was my allie.

"Eye level? I think her height is on my eye level tho, so??" Mina faced at me and her gaze keep going up and down. Maybe she was measuring my height.

"Check! You passed for that criteria!" My mom happily said with big applause.

"What?! Are you trying to fit my standards to Mina?" 

"Yes, honey. Wae? You really don't like her? She's a big lose for you.."

Mina is lowering her head now and I can see red in her cheeks. She was blushing.

"Look, mom.. She's uncomfortable right now and I have reasons why I can't like her in the way you want, mom so please just please mom.. Stop doing this.." I explained to my mom. I really told her before that Mina and I don't stand any chance but mom was still pushy and making us to be a couple if we're not.

"Okay then.. I guess you two were really just FRIENDS forever.." My mom left us two, sending us a teasing look. We're the only ones in the dining table because we're not done yet with our food.

"What else, Chaeyoung? What do you like in a person?" Mina surprisingly asked me with a soft tone. I faced her and saw how serious she is because she raise her eyebrow that only means that she is waiting for my answer.

"Why are you asking again, Mina?"

"Just because.."

"That's not an answer, Mina. You're really curious about it because my mom told you that you were the closest one?" I asked her carefully. I noticed that she panicked because her eyes shifted away, looking at everywhere but my eyes. 

"I admit yes, I'm curious and want to hear it."

I put my both hands on her chair's legs and turning to face it towards me to have proper conversation with Mina. She gasped because of my action. I muttered a soft sorry and I pulled her chair closer to mine so that we're facing each other this time.

"My mom was quite right. My ideal type is like you.. I like a bit taller of me, have pretty mesmerizing eyes that I want to look forever, long hair.. I don't care if it's guy or girl as long as long hair, it's fine, have good sense of fashion like you, maybe Korean American or just simply good at English and mostly have dazzling eye smile like you were doing when you smile and laughing, I like it so much.. But there's something more important of those things I told you. Even those standards were not available for the person I will love, it's fine. The important is that person must love me a lot more than I am and take care a lot of me, those two things were enough for me so it doesn't matter if I tell you my ideal type. It's just.. like a dream.. to have someone like my ideal type."

Mina hold my hands tightly "It's not bad to dream, Chaeng. I agree with your mother. Many people told me about my fashion, my eye smiles and many compliment my English skill and you know that I was born in America. If other people heard it, they will think you seriously in love with me." Mina giggled and I just smiled at her. The air was getting tense, I can feel that she has a lot of questions in her mind right now but cannot ask it because she was afraid to leave a scratch in our well built friendship.

We're both cowards..
We're both don't want to take risks..
That's why word 'love' doesn't belong to us..


"Maybe. That's why my mom acting weird every time you were around. She really thought I like you because of my ideal type. She doesn't know that it was just I got those from the dramas I've watched." 

"You're really drama fanatic." Mina laughed while shaking her head.

"Chaeyoungiee.. I'm curious about this when I heard your ideal type." Mina trailed off before she leaned closer to Chaeyoung.

 

"What if.. Just what if, Chaeyoung.. If I confess to you like... I never got into relationship with Momo and you either with Tzuyu, is there possibility that you will like me back?" Mina asked anxiously.

Chaeyoung look else where but Mina's, she just smile and abruptly closes her eyes quickly.

"No.." Chaeyoung simply answered and then she continues as she explained the reason why she's holding back her feelings with a certain Myoui Mina "I don't want you to get hurt, Mina. Let's just stay like this."

Chaeyoung then look back at Mina, she saw how the other girl expression, it looks like she was hurt but still with a small smile on her lips and god, her eyes.. her eyes were searching something from Chaeyoung's. She suddenly felt nervous.

She slowly put her hands on Mina's cheeks, cupping her jaw, thumb tracing over her cheek, looking into her eyes "We're so happy as we right now, right?"

Mina just nodded, her eyes start to get watery. She wanted to stop it, not in front of Chaeyoung again.

"I'm afraid your eye smiles turn into tears because of me.." Chaeyoung mumble softly, she deeply exhaled and look into Mina's eyes at the last time before she reveals one of her reasons why she doesn't want to fall in love with Mina.

"You're my everything now, Mina. I don't want to lose my everything, I don't want either to lose you.."

Chaeyoung stood and leaned forward to hug Mina to convey her what she truly feels for Mina, to let her know that she actually didn't meant that she don't like Mina at all, that she just doesn't want her to get hurt and left again because they were trapped in the word of 'love'

"Let's just stay like this" Chaeyoung smiled behind Mina while caressing her head with so much care before she end her sentence.

"For a while..."

 

______________________________________
(One month later)

It's been a month when Mina joins the dance team. She could say that she was happy from what she is doing. Even she was busy due practices, she still have time for her studies and free time.

"The highest score from our test is... Myoui Mina who got 98%. Congratulations!" The teacher handed the test paper to Mina who is smiling widely and she bowed 90 degrees.

"Good job, Mina. You must be really inspired. Balancing your dance practices and this were really hard.  Hope you continue this and you will be the top of this class." Her teacher praised her and she bowed again and thanked her teacher.


The whole class room boomed with claps and 'ohhh'. No wonder that she can be strong candidate for being first place in their class, defeating Im Nayeon who got 94% from her test.

Mina returned to her seat with a big smile. Jihyo was clapping loudly excitedly with a big smile. Nayeon as the former first place also clapped and mouthed 'congrats'. Meanwhile, Jeongyeon, the most humiliating friend she have, screaming out loud while saying "Whoooo! That's Myoui Mina for you! Hahahaha! Take that!! That's my girl!!"

After what Jeongyeon said, fanboys of Mina strangled Jeongyeon and keeping her quiet and also threatening her "She's not yours, you delulu!" 

Mina giggled, Jeongyeon took her promise that she won't give up on her until she got into relationship. This sight of Jeongyeon and her classmates who admire her dealing each other is really usual for her. They bicker a lot during this moments.

Another one is Kim Dahyun who is laughing at her. She doesn't know what's so funny but she was looking in her face, right? Then she subtlety notice that she was nudging her seatmate on her side that cause her vision turn to her side.

Now, she was looking at Son Chaeyoung. Son Chaeyoung who didn't let her to love her. Son Chaeyoung who demanded to be remained friends for the rest of their lives because fearing of heartbreaks and, hurting each other. Son Chaeyoung who doesn't have any idea what she really feels about it. Son Chaeyoung who doesn't recognize all the things she did for her but always saying that it was for certain someone else, she wished that Chaeyoung erase that painful thoughts.

"Chaeng said earlier that you were perfect!" Dahyun said loudly with a big thumbs up.

"Dahyun, stop it!" Chaeyoung whined at her bestfriend.

Mina laughed and she look at Chaeyoung one more time. She saw Chaeyoung is smiling with her dimples on which is Mina's favourite. She gladly smile back and walk towards to her seat, plopping down herself down to her seat.

She looks to her other side, saw a sleeping figure. Mina just smile at that person before she keep her test paper in her bag.

Suddenly she hears her sleeping seatmate mumble something.

"Chukahae, Mina-chan..."

Mina quickly look to her seatmate and saw the latter was still sleeping because of her closed eyes but her lips curled upwards, that make Mina giggle to herself and thanked her seatmate.

"Thanks, Momo.."


And Chaeyoung saw that and she could only wish that she didn't look back to her when the latter was looking at someone else but her.

She wished that she made the right decision for both of them.

She only wish...

She can't deny that her heart is shattering again with the sight of Mina and Momo being okay again..

She could only wish that she was not torn between her two friends..

She wished that she doesn't need to choose between them..


She wished she didn't know it..

(FLASHBACK)

After a week when Mina joined the dance team, she was constantly visiting the practice room every late hours because of her beautiful penguin friend who needs accompany going to her home because it's quite dangerous to go home alone, as a kind friend she is she offer her to walk Mina home every day to ensure that her penguin friend is safe especially when her dance team mates were really persistent to get Mina's heart.

That time, she was sitting outside of the practice room with her ear phone plugged on her ears and her eyes closed because of their hectic schedule of their classes. She always sleep whenever she waits Mina finish her practice sessions and students doesn't mind it when they can get a glimpse of good looking Chaeyoung sleeping against the wall. She always notices the way students walk back and forth to look at her peaceful face and sometimes she hears them gawking at her. She could only laugh internally at their comments.

Mina already said that there is a time when their practice was cut off because of her. Why? It is because her fangirls looking at her were too loud and they were packed in front of the room and Chaeyoung could only just sheepishly smile at her and apologized.

"I don't know where to sleep and I can't go outside because it might get rain." Chaeyoung excused, the dance team let her do what she wants and that time she was all alone, enjoying listening her favorite music played on her phone. Her eyes were closed but she can't sleep. She decided to let her eyes retst at this moment.

"Momo! Please understand me!" A man voice interrupted Chaeyoung's thought. She slowly open her eyes and saw Ten and Momo facing in each other.

"But.. I'm scared, Ten. I know that we can't work this out because of the competition but I'm scared. I'm scared to death." Momo whimper while tugging Ten's shirt.

"Momo.. The staff talk about this to me. They noticed us. We can't continue this." Ten was breathing heavily then she grab Momo's shoulders.

"I know that you were scared. That's why I try to love you, to protect you. I want you to know that I grow loving you each day, Momo. It is so bad that we need to part away for our dreams. Don't worry, if the show ends.. I'm going to pursue you again if you let me." Ten smile sadly and hugged Momo.

Momo just nodded and hoarsely reply "I'm so sorry about this, Ten. I'm sorry for using you."

"Shushh.. It's okay. I already know it. I know she was still in your heart that's why you broke up with her and try loving me instead. You did this even it's painful for you. I can see hurt in your eyes whenever she's with someone else. I'm aware of our relationship."

What?!!!!! Does she have feelings for Mina again? Or did she still love Mina? Oh my, what's happening? I'm confused..

Did they just have fake relationship like us? But why??!!


"Momo, we need to break up now. This is for the sake of our dreams and for the show. They really can't let us participate in the show if we're still together. I'm really sorry, Momo." Ten said before she left Momo in pain.

Momo was crying like a mess while shaking her head in many times.

Chaeyoung could almost found out when Momo turn around and walk pass her, probably going to comfort room to wash her face and dry her tears.

Chaeyoung open her eyes and heave a deep sigh. There's one thing in her mind right now.

 


They still have a chance...

To get back together...

(END OF FLASHBACK)

Later on, weeks passed by. She noticed that two were back for being okay again as they talk to each other especially during class.

Their oblivious about her student's lives, Mrs. Kim designated Momo and Mina as seatmates during their first day of their second semester. The whole class grew quiet and awkward when she just put the exes together at the back of the classroom because she reasoned out that they were both Japanese and Mina could help Momo raising her marks in her subjects. The both of them have no choice to accept the fate.

At first, they were ignorant and cold to each other, like how they treated each other during their dance practice sessions then until one day, Chaeyoung saw them talking and Momo is pouting at her while her index finger pointed to one of their textbook. She can say that Momo was in trouble understanding the context in the book.

Sooner, she can see Mina smiling at Momo while teaching her and the whole class was relieve that finally the two were back as a friends.

She asked Mina one time about Momo but Mina only responded that they didn't have a chance to talk about the break up and anything about past. They treating each other like they were new friends and nothing more. But she knows that it's not just as it is. There must something going on but Mina reasurred her that it's was really nothing and she was happy as of right now how they we are.


Nayeon and Dahyun we're also both okay with Momo. They were always talking and accompanying Momo at one of the time. It was really strange for Chaeyoung. She asked Dahyun about how they were okay with Momo. Her only response is..

"Momo needs us actually. I don't get it why you three were stubborn to notice her now. Come on, we're in our last year of our high school. Don't be so overdramatic. Mina was fine with her but how about you? And Jeongyeon also? And Jihyo too? Just go with her and everything will be back like we are."

Kring~

"Class dismissed. Don't forget your calculator tomorrow for our new lesson. You may go now." Their teacher dismissed them. Chaeyoung snapped out and saw Dahyun fixing her things.

"Hey, you wanna grab sandwich? I reserve one for you and for Nayeonnie." Dahyun asked her. Chaeyoung just refused it from her bestfriend as she excuses herself "I need to get something important from my locker. You can just give it to Momo my sandwich. I'm not hungry. See you at the cafeteria~" Chaeyoung stood and went to Mina's desk to surprise her.

"Boo~" 

"Hahahaha! I'm shookt, Chaeng." Mina sarcastically said while combing her hair.

"Eyyy.. You're always no fun by the way, Congrats!"

"That's all thanks to you, Chaeng. You're my great motivator in my life~" Mina then trapped her little cub in her arms. They were really getting touchy and sweet every moment. Chaeyoung thought that this is normal for bestfriends like Mina, girly and clingy type. 

"How about me, Mina-shii? Won't you give me a hug at least?" Someone interrupted. Mina released her arms and faced their other friend named Yoo Jeongyeon who is looking at her with puppy eyes.

Mina just pat her back and said "Next time, I'll hug you if only you teach me in other subjects."

Jeongyeon laughed "How the hell I can teach you? You're better than me! Well.. Did she teach you that's why you were hugging her?"

"She only having advantage of my small body, that's why she hugged me." Chaeyoung joked who earned a big slap on her arm. Mina glared at her "Could you just appreciate my hugs? It's only limited edition!"

Chaeyoung chuckled and answered "Limited? I could only just hug you and you will give in my arms. You should say that you're quite possessive over me."

"Whoooo!! You're so cocky again, Chaeng. I can't believe Mina will like you to this extent." 

"Anyway, lets stop this for now.  uhmm hey, Mina. You go first, I need to get something important in my locker first. Go with Jeong first."Chaeyoung almost out of the room when Park Jihyo interrupted them as she shout "NO! DON'T LET HER GO!"

She pulled away Chaeyoung from the door, the gang was confused by Jihyo's actions "What is this Jihyo-ah?" Jeongyeon asked amusingly.

"Mina! Chaeyoung was cheating on you!" Chaeyoung's eyes widen with the accusation. Mina frowned while listening to Jihyo "Chaeyoung here is now getting love letters and there is one letter she specifically likes and read those letters from one unknown sender. She told me that she will give---hmpffff" Chaeyoung covered Jihyo's mouth and  

"Jihyo, they were not dating yet. How many times do we need to tell you that Chaeyoung don't like my girl?" Jeongyeon wrapped her arm around Mina's shoulders, Mina could only put it down. "And how many times do I need to tell you that I don't feel the same way as yours."

Dahyun cheered them "Damn, this love triangle.." Chaeyoung glared at her bestfriend before she spoke "I'm not cheating on you, okay? You're the one cheating on me because of the girl beside you and the one who sleeping there. I'm just making sure there's one left for me if you choose them instead me."

"Yah! Son Chaeyoung!" 

Chaeyoung smiled naughtily then place her lips near Mina's ear for her only to hear "Momo's awake. Get ready."

"Of what?" Mina asked then she suddenly felt pair of lips on her head when Chaeyoung pull down her head a bit. She kissed Mina's head tenderly.

"Don't be jelly anymore. I'll never leave you." Chaeyoung charismatically before she send a flying kiss directly to Mina and left the room. Chaeyoung is being playful as Mina nowadays that sometimes Mina forgot that everything is not real. 

Jihyo squealed loudly, shaking Dahyun violently. Jeongyeon snickered "I can also do that. I can do better."

Mina grinned widely while playing the hem of her shirt, she can't get over from Chaeyoung's sweet remark.

Don't be jelly. I'll never leave you.


Mina was hoping that all her words were all sincere. Even Chaeyoung hurt her indirectly by pretending trying to love her, she holds on those three words tightly as she holds it inside her heart.

For a while...

Stay like this for a while...

It might break Mina's heart knowing that Chaeyoung doesn't feel the same way but the way Chaeyoung look at her that night was something, Chaeyoung looks weak and fragile even her voice was strong enough to reassure her that she's not gonna leave her any moment but Mina feels right into her heart that the words mean that she needs to wait for Chaeyoung.

She doesn't want to lose me so bad.. 

Mina realized it when they were both tucked in Chaeyoung's bed. She looks at Chaeyoung's sleeping face and understood what she meant.

"You want me to be by your side forever, Chaeyoung-ah? As your friend?"

Mina deeply sigh before she let out her disappointment "You're still going to lose me in that case like before. But.. I still understand you tho.. I'm also confused too."


"Maybe.. I will wait for a while."Mina smiled as she wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung's waist. The other girl seemed doesn't stir on her sleep when Mina hugged her. "From now on, I'm going to love you more and take care of you. Just wait.. You're going to realize that you are the one I love now."

 

"MINA! MINA! EARTH TO MINA?! HELLO?!!" Jeongyeon's face welcome Mina's sight. She snapped out from her thoughts and shoved Jeongyeon's hands on her cheeks.

"Are you okay, Mina? You seem little off a while ago after Chaeng left us." Jihyo ask concernly. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just remember something." Mina sheepishly smile and scratch her nape nervously.

"I'm really going to kiss you if you didn't snap out. I was tracking the time you were dazed. I counted 2 mins and if you exceed 5, I'm really to kiss you for real." 

"Shut up, Jeong. Even you kiss her, she still won't like you." Jihyo scoffed then she faced Mina "Anyway, I want talk about something about Chaeyoung's admirer."

Jeongyeon laughed "Again? Seriously, Jihyo. Are you sure you don't like Chaeng anymore? You know everything about Chaeyoung."

"Aishhh! Whatever, Jeongyeon! I was saying is Mina even I like Chaeng a lot unlike the other one who doesn't give a damn and still continue pursuing her even she was rejected  twice, I'm more than okay that Chaeng and you are together than to not accept her defeat. Her name is Yoo Jeongyeon, right?"

The gang laughed including Nayeon who is the loudest laugh of them all. Jeongyeon huffed "I hate you, Park Jihyo. I'm just going to eat all I want without you guys. I'm out!" Jeongyeon stormed out of the room.

"So Mina, you won't mind to tell you about it while eating here? I'm lazy to go cafeteria. Let's just chat." Jihyo excitedly said. "Okay then. Lemme get my snack." Mina answered and settled down on her seat and Jihyo pull some chair to sit on, facing to Mina.

"Hmm.. Jihyo. We're going now with my Nabongs. See you!" Dahyun approached them and then left with her whiny girlfriend.

"Spill, Jihyo. Who's trying to steal her away from me?" Mina asked in scary tone then she laughed as she said "Kidding. So what it is about her admirer?"

"Chaeyoung told me like last week that she keep receiving love letters from her admirers then there's one specific love letter sender she likes a lot." 

"So this is what you mean cheating?"

"Yeah! Exactly! She keeps reading those letters from her one admirer. She told me she feels happy while reading her letters and I don't know what to say because I think all love letters are just the same. It makes you flutter your heart, right? " Mina nodded as her response.

"She told me that she wants to give that person a chance. A chance to go out with her for a date something. I asked her why in many letters, why you choose that one secret admirer and you know what she just said to me?"

"What did she say?"

"She thinks she know her secret admirer, a lot. Her choices of words were pretty familiar to her but she was not sure. She also said that it probably came from her close friend before or she doesn't know. You know she suspect me sending those letters."

"Really? Why?"

"I don't know to her. She's crazy over that secret admirer. Did she tell you about this?"

"She hint me once but I never expected that she was thinking about giving her a chance." Mina nonchalantly said while eating her snack.

"Yah! Why are you not so scared? Chaeng is totally falling for that secret admirer, I'm telling you. Better to confess again than to be too late besides she has another candidate for that secret admirer."

Mina gulped before asking "Who?"

Jihyo looked at her surroundings and revealed the person "Jeon Somi. That girl was really acting weird around her. I wished she wasn't her."

"I think Somi won't do that. She has a lot of guts and she can just confess all her want. Love letters can mean that they are afraid to face with the one they admire, a secret way to express your true feelings. Love letters are about they were scared for something. For example, they can't go and talk to Chaeng because they were shy. Second, it might break something like friendship. It's hard to confess to a friend and they can't expect Chaeng to answer them so they choose letter to let her know that they were sincere. Third, they want Chaeng to love them through letters because it's the easiest way to get close to her. Jeon Somi is not fit for that. Remember the kiss? Somi can kiss Chaeng. So I think she was not that kind of admirer plus she get cringey easily." Mina munch her snack after she said that long statement.

"I guess you were right. Maybe she was like shy as you or something. Or by any chance, is that you?!" Jihyo gasped.

Mina choked while eating her snack. She reached her bottle and drank it. "Yah! You we're so loud. What if Chaeyoungie heard that? She thinks I am her secret admirer."

"Sorry about that. I can't think of possible person. I promised that I will help Chaeng to find her."


"It's okay. I just carried away from your loud voice." Mina chuckled then she look at her seatmate who is still sleeping despite of Jihyo's loud voice. "She looks really tired." Jihyo eyed Momo's face.

"Yeah she is. The show will air next week so they were all hectic."

"Maybe that's why she broke up with Ten because of the show and their schedule plus they were supposed to be rivals."

Mina deeply sigh, still staring at Momo "But still.. I'm happy for her because she still continue her passion even I wasn't her side. She really do what she loves." Mina smiled sadly as she remember Momo's promise to her.

I'll become famous dancer and I am dedicating it to you.. To the person I really really value and love at most..

I love you, always.. 

Mina looked away, "Uhmm.. Jihyo? Can we go to bathroom?" Mina awkwardly asked. Jihyo didn't notice the change of Mina's aura as she agreed excitedly "Sure, let's go!"

They both stood and left the room without knowing that Momo was listening to them. She opened her eyes slowly and said to herself "I'm glad you were happy from what I'm doing even I am a mess. I promise I do my best to win it for you."


___________________________________
Chaeyoung happily skipping on her way to locker room. She hummed happy song while going towards her new locker. She opened it and she saw bunches of letters again. She take a look on the letters but she got disappointed because her expected letter was not present in her locket. She scratched her head and double check the letters but she can't find it.

"It seems that she didn't make one this day. Maybe she was absent or busy." Chaeyoung talk to herself as sheshe heave a deep sigh before she closes her locker.

"You look so sad for something. Are you expecting her letters again?" Somi asked beside her, Chaeyoung quickly face her, Oh Somi, you're here again. Why whenever I read the letters you always here and talking to me after I read those. Do you perhaps  spying on my letters or something?"

Somi shakes her head and laughed "Aniyo, It's just coincedence and you forgot that my locker is just beside yours and we exchange lockers this sem, sometimes I miss my locker. "

 

 

 

"Okay if you say so." Chaeyoung smiled then locked her locker. "See you at the class, Jeon." Chaeyoung walked away. Somi put her hand on her chest and release a relief sigh.

Phew.. That is close one..

She opened her locker and see a letter. She look at her surroundings before she slips the letter in Chaeyoung's locker.

I'm sorry if it's too late..

________________________________________
Soon, it was already after school when Chaeyoung saw the letter in her locker that she is expecting. She smiled widely then she put the letter in her bag and make her way to the school park where she hang out sometimes if she was not sleepy. She sometimes draw or make poems if she feel doing so but right now, she usually read the letters from her particular secret admirer.


These are from her previous letters:

Do you know Chaeyoung that I tried to convince myself that we were nothing more than friends. I tried so hard but I feel like nowadays that I was floating in the air, as if I was flying, this feeling was something that I get whenever you’re near.

I loved the way you call my name, the way it just rolls off your tongue so easily. Every time you smiled, my heart would flutter, the same smile that turns my legs into jelly, the same smile that flips the whole world. The way you look at me makes me go insane, I would walk miles in the rain to your location just to say Hi. When we were apart, I found myself longing for you, longing for your presence, longing for your smiles,longing for your warm and gentle voice. Just hearing your name makes my heart palpitate.

I thought before that being close friend was enough, that having you next to me would leave me content, I thought that as long as you was by my side then I would be satisfied, but that I was wrong, I was selfish, I wanted us to be more. I was making up fantasies of us being together.


I love you. Not in a friend way.. I love you as lovers would love each other. I'm sorry that I can't take the courage to tell it to you face to face. Our situation was so complicated. You have an army of people who is willing to love you, will you really choose me over those people? I don't think so, that's why I sending you this letters to even got a little chance to let you know what I really feel for you. I think if I ever confess, you won't believe me. 

You have no idea how much you affect me, Son Chaeyoung. You, innocent little Chaeyoung, are obliviously torturing me with your love. But your love is different to mine, for you only see me as your great friend. I never knew love could hurt this much, before my unrequited love for you before till now.

I don’t regret falling in love with you, if anything, it was the best thing that ever  happened to me, next to meeting you.

Ps: Please don't ever doubt my love for you, it's always there and you were always there.


Hi! How's your result? Did you do well in your exam? I hope you did but I knew you did your best XD if you're curious about mine, I did so well which is beyond from my expectations. I was so satisfied with my score. Without you, I might failed that exam because you're my one and only inspiration. I keep glancing on you while taking the exam, kekekeke. Even though I cannot see your reaction, I know that you like me sending these letters so I still continue this. In this way, I can feel that you have same feelings towards me. I still can't believe that you were not ignoring my letters, it means that we have a chance? Kekeke~ I hope we really have. That's all for now my baby cub, always remember i'll wait for the right time to properly confess to you. Take care as always and don't skip your meals and stay handsome as you are right now :) Bye! I'll send you again tomorrow!


"This girl.. Aishh! These makes me feel better." Chaeyoung folded the paper and put it back in the envelope.

"I want to communicate with you, Ms. Unknown. If I see you, I don't care about the situation we are in, friends, classmates or clubmates. I will surely try to date you for real." Chaeyoung smiled to herself while she put the letter in a box. Inside the box, there's the letters that she received from that unknown sender.


"I must date you no matter what. Just show up and I will love you." Chaeyoung mumbled then she remember something that makes her heart ache. 

"I must, if I don't.. things were getting more complicated between me and Mina."


(FLASHBACK)

Even we're not friends, I'm still concern about Momo. She's actually nice to me and she treat me like her sibling. Even we joke around, I know that we love each other as friends. Three days after her break up with Ten, it was already spread over the whole school about their break up. Sometimes, it hurts me to see Momo alone eating by herself. She's really great friend back then till she break Mina's heart. I want to talk to her badly and forgive her but my pride has always been my prioritize. I refused to listen to her, I was ahead of my emotion that day that I really want to protect Mina from her. That day, I saw her walking, probably going somewhere or going home, she was walking so fast and I was sitting in the exact spot that I've been sitting in the school park. I decided to follow her. Her expression looks horrified as if someone was chasing her. Then, she stopped, she turn around and see no one. Luckily, I hid quickly behind the tree. She continue her fast steps while looking behind until a man with black mask was in front of her that resulted a very loud shriek from Momo.

The unknown man gripped Momo's hand and looked at her scarily, I was about to save her when suddenly the man spoke

"We found from our source that your hero broke up with you. How sad it was?" The man chuckled evilly before she point his index finger like he was threatening her "So, I'm giving you a warning again to not let yourself close again to Myoui Mina, understood? If you don't like to get hurt your girl or yourself. Stay away, that's his words."

Mina?! Stay away?! Or else you get hurt? His words?

What does it mean?!

I saw Momo nodded weakly then the man let go Momo's hand and scurried away. Momo started to cry again, tears are falling down from her glistening eyes. She wipe it off and exhaled deeply.

My feet betrayed me as I found myself behind her and decided to ask her. I tapped her shoulders before I asked her "Hey Momo, are you okay? Who's that?"

"Oh Chaeyoung, this is nothing. I'm okay, he just ask something. Don't worry about me. I'm going." Momo excused but I held her left arm and turn her to face me properly.

"Momo, don't lie. Who's that fvking man?!" 

"No, Chaeyoung. He's just my---"

"Why he threatened you about Mina?! What's the problem here, Hirai?! Tell me!" I angrily shouted her.

"Chaeyoung, you don't need to know this. You were just getting yourself in a big trouble. Just----" Momo stopped before she flashed her nice smile to me even though I can see her eyes are full of worry and fear.

"Just protect Mina, that's all."

"Why?!!! Why?!! Why?!! Tell me, Hirai Momo! What's this about?! Mina is involved here! I need to know it! I need to let her know this!"

"NO CHAEYOUNG NO! DON'T TELL IT! SHE DOESN'T NEED TO KNOW THIS!" Momo pleaded.

Chaeyoung sighed defeatedly "Fine but please tell me what is that about. Why you need to stay away from her? Why she will be hurt or you will be hurt if you didn't? Be honest, Momo. I can forgive you if you tell me about this."


"Okay, I'll tell you but promise me one thing."

"Sure.. as long as everyone is okay, Mina and you are safe, I'm fine with everything. I'm serious."


"Promise me that you will help me to get back to Mina's life again just like the same. Make her fall in love with me again."

My mind went blank.


"B-But you told me you supposed to stay away.."I stuttered. I saw myself in the middle of questions.

Who I suppose to follow? Mina or Momo? 

"Of course, it will be only effective if the problem is clear. I just need to find solution for this."

"I don't know, Momo but Mina was making me doing something opposite to me, actually."

"Why? You can't do this because you are in love with Myoui Mina?" Momo asked weakly. She looks so in pain.

I looked away and pondered a bit. I'm in love with her. Sure, I was hoping that she feels the same I feel for her. Just a little bit, I guess.


"Ughh. Fine, fine! I'll do it because I want to help and this is for Mina because she was precious to me. I don't want her to get hurt."

"Okay, I'll tell you now." Momo dragged me into isolated area of our school where no one who can see us.

"So here's what happen.. Did Mina ever tell you how we got into romantic relationship?" Momo asked and I think for a moment, trying to remember when Mina revealed that Momo and her were dating now, not bestfriends anymore.

"I remember last year (from the prequel fic, Maybe We?)  if I was mistaken, you confessed to her after she finish doing her duty as production team? You surprise her with a kiss? Yeah, you kissed her first then you confessed. Is that correct?" Chaeyoung ask for confirmation but Momo shook her head "It's wrong but you were also right. Your answer was not fully detailed. You miss the important part why I kissed and confessed her."

"It's just you secretly like her for so long, that's the important part?" Chaeyoung confusily asked.

"No, it's only like that."

"Remember, Kai? You know that I have huge crush on him, right? You really tease me a lot about him."Momo chuckled sadly.

"Kai? What's about him?"

"One time, Kai ask me out to make a choreo at his own studio. I accepted it therefore I have crush on him and I thought that this is the only way to get close to him. But then, on our way to his studio, he suddenly tried to harass me or should I say kidnap me. Luckily, Mina followed us and she help me to escape from Kai. Mina knocked down him really hard using a big rock. He's really bleeding and Mina and I ran away as fast as we can. But then, Kai was chasing us like a mad bull and we decided to just hide behind the trees, our stamina was not enough to run further. When we hid, Mina was really nervous to the point her whole body is trembling in fear. I reassured her that it was going alright and don't make any noises but still she keeps whimpering and almost crying. I can't help myself to just kiss her to stop her worry and small noises. That time, I was so scared that I broke our friendship because of that kiss. After the kiss, I confessed that I liked her for years but tried to ignore it but then she surprised me, she reciprocated my feelings then that's our beginning of our relationship." Momo smiled sadly and started her story again "Five months for being together, I was walking home alone from the intense training we had for our show, there's a group of men wearing black caps captured me and took me in a dark room. It was so scary, Chaeyoung and I thought that I will not survive. Apparently, Kai has gang and all of the EXO boys were on it. Kai was so mad of Mina because he underwent surgery because of what she did. He can't take Mina because you were always with her and they thought that it was a good thing to take me instead and threatened me they will hurt Mina and me if we didnt break up. They wanted to suffer Mina emotionally. I had no choice to accept it, hurt Mina by cheating on her for her so that they won't touch her and that's the last thing I wanted to happen to her. I was afraid, Chaeyoung but thank god Ten came and rescue me because he saw how the EXO gang dragged me." Momo begin to cry again as she continued "I was really fool, Chaeyoung. I really did what they commanded at me. I used Ten for that problem and really cheated Mina even.. even I knew that she was still the one, the one in my heart. I convinced myself that it will be going to be easy for me to cheat her, but I was so wrong. I longing for her so bad, I want to kiss her, I want to be in her arms tightly, I want to see her beautiful smile again, I want to apologize and tell the whole truth, I miss her and I still ing love her, Chaeyoung but I can't! I can't because of them! Why fate is so playful to us? Why fate hates us?" Momo sobbed into her hands. Chaeyoung lowered her head, clenched her fist and closed her eyes to take in the lots of information she heard.


, it's happening again...

"Why fate doesn't in favor with us?" Tzuyu kicked the locker hard.

"It's not fate that's going between you two, Tzuyu. It's me, Chaeyoung doesn't want to let you two together." Chaeyoung smiled sadly as she remember what she said to Tzuyu almost a year ago.


It's not fate who going between you two, Momo. It's me, Chaeyoung who shamelessly betray you because I think I'm in love with her.


Chaeyoung removed Momo's hands on her face and held it tightly "Don't worry, we will going fix this mess and everything will be place on what they were supposed to be." Chaeyoung smiles, it's tight and forced, but she still smiles after all that she realized that she was really undeserving for Mina. Momo's sacrifice were huge and she doesn't want those to be go waste because of her selfishness again.


She can't love Mina, or at least, she refuses to be aware of it. It would ruin everything they have and that's the last thing she wants to happen. Not to ruin Mina's happiness and her world she believed that it was for Momo, the only person who loves her the most.

Chaeyoung cries when she remembered Momo's reasons while clutching the letter she received from her secret admirer, her only saviour for this crazy situation.

Sorry, Mina.. I'm not really the SPECIAL ONE...

TEASERS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTERS:

"Woah! Daebak! I got some very good news!" Dahyun cheerily said while scrolling from her phone.

"Sana and Tzu----"

Chaeyoung pushes her chair off from their table that made their heads snapped to her. Chaeyoung bitterly bid goodbye to her friends as she says "Suddenly my appetite was gone. I'm going head first towards to classroom. My mood change and I don't like it."

She left them with their eyes widen. Jeongyeon breaks the silence as she scoff "Damn, she was not still over with her? Geez, don't trust Chaeyoung for her love because it was always been Tzuyu, Mina. You better find yourself another one but her. Even mentioning her name, Chaeyoung feels hurt."

"Please Jeong, stop it. She might heard you and she will be back at her beast side again." Jihyo said, she motion Dahyun to continue her interrupted announcement.

"Sana and Tzuyu are going back here. They miss us a lot."

This time, Mina is the one who left from the table as she needs to find her special one to comfort her.


~~~
"SANA! TZUYU! I MISS YOU TWO SO MUCH!!" Jihyo tackled the two into hug as soon as their eyes meet each others'

"Let go of us! Stop, Park Jihyo!" The couple whined. The couple break the hug as they hugged their other friends. Sana went quickly to Mina who is very suprised from her sudden tight hug. "Minari~ You got prettier that's why I hug you first~" Sana sweetly said while snaking her arms from Mina's waist..

Then, Mina caught something from her eyes while hugging Sana. She saw Tzuyu approaching Chaeyoung tentatively, a smile plastered on her. She heard Tzuyu's happy tone as she says.

"Did you miss me, baby lion?" Tzuyu smiled as she ask her. 

Damn.. Chaeyoung loves that nickname. After all, Tzuyu gave her that nickname while doing their 'deal'..

Mina frowned even more when she saw Chaeyoung threw herself to Tzuyu who is ataken back a lot even their other friends.

Mina looked away from the hugging scene. As she looks away, she saw Momo looking at her already, as if she understand Mina's feeling because the way Momo looks at her are the same way she looks at Chaeyoung now.

~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hello, readersI! Forgive me for abandoning this story, FOR A WHILE. I've been not really okay with my physical and mental health lately.. So it takes me a lot time to update and also the fact that I also have ongoing fics that I supposed to update too so sorry for very slow update and there's also a little chance to update my fics frequently like before because our router broke three days ago and I'm just using mobile data for this. Hope you like the chapter, even this is a lil dramatic. I've already reveal Momo's reason for those who are waiting for it. If you read the prequel fic, Maybe We? You already know why it is incline to the reason of Momo why she decided to cheat on her. There's really a scene about Kai and how Mimo got together because of the chase. I just cut it short for better understanding. Thanks for supporting this so far and we're on the middle of the story, anticipate more shocking chapters. Subscribe, Views, Votes and Comments are highly appreciated by yours only, chomitaeny. See you at the next update, don't be tired waiting for me, love. I'll be back as fast as I can.

 

Happy 2nd anniversary, my TTEUDOONGIE~