How I Met Your Father

Got Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was right what the older kids told to Bambam and Yugyeom that their fathers once an enemy for life. Not like they always fought, but Jinyoung was such a reckless and clumsy and Jaebum has a short temper. Once the kids finish with organazing their new house, they all gathered at Mark and Youngjae shared room, the biggest than the other kids got but no complain from the other. As Mark promised, he would tell the story about their fathers love life before now.


**


Jaebum lost his temper when a boy, who looks younger than him, crashes him and spill the drink he holds that Jaebum doesn't like the smells, it must be a milk tea or something similar. But not only that, he lost his temper even more when his exam paper soaked by the drink that crashes him. Jaebum looks at the boy who looks so apologetic but can't utter a word when Jaebum gives him a deathly looks.


"i-i'm so..", the boy try to say sorry because he has to even he is scared as hell. Jaebum eyes already killed the boy. "i'm sorryy... ", the boy try to finish. The boy looks at Jaebum who isn't looking at him anymore but turn to look at his exam paper with anger. He greeted his teeth as he try to not spelling any harsh word but what Jaebum can do. He is really mad, he should give the paper today but it's all ed up. He won't pass the subject if he miss giving the paper.


"i'll fix that.. ", the boy offers a help as he feel guilty towards Jaebum. But he didn't expected that Jaebum would scream at him. "HOW COULD YOU FIX THIS??!!! ", Jaebum yells as he throws his exam paper on the floor, it doesn't useful anymore. Jaebum is frustrated and walk away without giving the boy a chance to make it right.


Jinyoung, the boy's name, can't stop feeling guilty. If only Jaebum want to talk to him and let him fix his paper, maybe he can print it out again and give it to the professor. But, if only let him. So, Jinyoung has no choice except to burried in guilt for the rest of his not-so-peaceful-life.
It was how they met. Messed up, yes. But it's only the start.


**


Jaebum got the chance from the professor once he failed to give the paper on time. The professor said there's a student who met him and begs him to give Jaebum additional time because he spill his drink on Jaebum's exam paper. Not to forget that the student brought the soaked paper with him as an evidence. So, the professor still got to see Jaebum's work. But, to be fair to other student, the professor has to give Jaebum a different test. So here is Jaebum at the library, trying to look at some references for his remedial exam.


He takes music major, even at the library that is not much literature about it, still he try to get some inspirations and noted himself that he will protect his paper for life. He search one by one at the music section. He read it one by one, opening the book when he still standing in front of the book shelf. He'll take some that closest to his needs. But, when he is enjoy reading the book, he sneezes loudly when he feels some of the dust are flying towards him. He sneezes for couple of times before he looks at someone across his section who is blowing the dust from the book he holds. Someone the same who spill the drink on his exam paper few days ago.


"ACHOO!! ", Jaebum sneezes again when he is about to yells. But he can't hold himself to not sneezing when the dusts are too much to handle. It's a library and his sneezing is pretty noisy for library.

Jinyoung looks at Jaebum from across the book shelf when he realize that the angry-look guy is sneezing because of him.


"oh! Sorry... ", Jinyoung says as he try to take out a wet tissue from his bag. Jaebum ignores him at first, feeling too mad. Because one, he is now get mad again about the soaked exam paper, even the boy already help him to talk to the professor but still, he supposed to sleep at his room now, not doing any remedial that is unnecessary to happen. And second, why is him again??


So even it's only about a dust, Jaebum still get his temper taking on him. But, the sneeze doesn't look like about to stop and it makes the whole library looking at him coldly, maybe get disturbed by the sneeze. So, Jaebum takes the wet tissue and wipe it to his nose and inside it.


"you again! Ugh!! ", Jaebum growls silently but Jinyoung can still hear him.
"sorry.. ", Jinyoung says in whisper but loud enough for Jaebum to hear it.
Jinyoung follows Jaebum when the latter walks around keeps searching for refferences but stop when he realize Jinyoung stalks him. "what are you doing? "
"can i help you? ", Jinyoung asks.
"No? ", Jaebum answers coldly.
"well, i'm working here-"
"i don't care", Jaebum cuts him off. Jinyoung just greet his teeth, praying inside to be patient.
"i'm working here, so there might be something i can help", Jinyoung still finish. 
"just stay away.. ", Jaebum pretends to keep searching even now he can't focus anymore since the boy he doesn't know the name keeps following him.
"jaebum-ah.. ", a guy that looks like around their age approaching Jaebum. "how's the remedial? ", he asks.
"yah! Yoo Youngjae, help me!! ", Jaebum grabs his best friend's sleeves. The other just obey halfheartedly.
"ah! The remedial.. The professor gave you the remedial?? THANK GOD! ", Jinyoung feels relieve but only get the cold stare from Jaebum. "THANK GOD??!! Yah!! You ruin my-", Jaebum who is about to yells more at Jinyoung got cut off when he feels a palm closing his mouth to speak more. It's Jinyoung's soft palm Jaebum won't admit it is soft.
"it was an accident!!", Jinyoung yells in whisper as he still keeping Jaebum's mouth on his palm.
Jaebum let go Jinyoung's hand pretty harshly before saying "it was an unnecessary accident!! ", he yells in whisper, keeping the tone as low as Jinyoung's previous yell.
"haven't you taught about forgiving others?? ", Jinyoung asks and get a cold stare from Jaebum he started getting used to it. Maybe this Jaebum person naturally scary so he's not scared anymore. "let me make up my mistake", Jinyoung offers.
"how? You're not even from music major, how could you possibly know about my exam? How could you possibly HELP?? ", Jaebum makes an emphasize at the last word he says.
"sir, your friend here is so grumpy, is he normal like this? ", Jinyoung says to the friend of Jaebum.
"he is fine.. It's normal", The guy name Youngjae says before he flinch when Jaebum is about to hit him.
"ok, Mr. grumpy-"
"i have a name", Jaebum cuts Jinyoung but he doesn't look like he care.
"i've been working here for about a year, so maybe i could show you where to find a music literature you can use"
"i know where the music section is", Jaebum says as he walks away to stop the unmeaningful conversations and start to find the references again. But then he feels something pulling him backwards and he sees that the boy he doesn't know the name yet is pulling him by his bag.
"this way", Jinyoung says firmly while his hand keeps pulling Jaebum's bag.
"you wanna die?? ", Jaebum is mad, but Jinyoung keeps walking until he shows the best music literature Jaebum can't find before.
At the end, Jinyoung successfully paying back his mistake by helping Jaebum


**


The exam weeks finally ended and for college student, it is a heaven they've been waiting for. And they can finally enjoy, hanging out with friends without thinking about the tasks they have to do the next day. Or classes they have to attend in the very morning for student's standard. And Jaebum isn't an exceptional. Jaebum and Youngjae, a best friend they are. Having each other as a roomate since they attend the university makes them closer than they have to. They are a roomate at the university dorm. But since they are senior already, they need to move out and find their own dorm. Both of them taking a simple house with two room as their new dorm. With much money they parents earn, surely they can afford to pay each month smoothly.


But Youngjae, as other young adults would do, is moving out when he finally get a girlfriend, leaving Jaebum alone to afford the house.


"don't run to me when she break you up! ", Jaebum says as he feels betrayed by the sudden plan. Half kidding half serious, but maybe he really mad.
"yah! Be supportive! I'll let you go if i were you.. ", Youngjae says.
"No, you won't!"
"yeah right, i won't", Youngjae admits and get hit by Jaebum.


But what Jaebum can do unless to support him. Better to let Youngjae stays at his girlfriend's dorm rather than taking her home at their shared house and be lovey dovey in front of him. Jaebum can't handle that kind of cheesy romance. So they decided to have a little party, a farewell party, at the club around their place.
Jaebum isn't much a clubby person. He didn't enjoy this kind of hang out even he has to go there once in a while where his friends gathered. At first it just him and Youngjae drinking and talking. Jaebum doesn't have a plan to be drunk tonight, he doesn't like a headache the alcohol make the next morning. He hates it. So he just having a sort of deep talk before Youngjae's girlfriend come and bring her friends along with her. Of course she'is coming. But Jaebum has no interest to join with those girls he supposed to be attracted to. What kind of a guy Jaebum is?


And he just looking around the bar, making unnecessary reasearch about how human behave at the club. As he watches one by one, his eyes stops at one spot. There, at the spot, looks like a familiar guy that is Jaebum sure he is hardly drunk. The guy is been disturbed by some other guy who looks like want to take the opportunity. But the guy is strong and firm enough to make those guy stay away.


"impressive", Jaebum thought and he walks closer to approach the guy.
"don't you think you've had enough?", Jaebum asks, starting a conversation he's not really intended to do. The drunken guy finally look at Jaebum just to look back to his drink and take another sip.
"what do you care, Mr. grumpy? ", Jinyoung says as he hiccups from the drink. 
"i don't", Jaebum simply says before he take a sip on his own drink.


They keep silent, no one start a word because none of them really feel that close to talk to each other. And Jinyoung is too drunk to talk sanely. So, they both just busy with their own mind until Jinyoung can't hold himself anymore and he throw up. He throw up that some of the dirt from his puke are touching Jaebum's outfit, from pants to his shoes.


"YAH!!!! ARE YOU CRAZY??? ", jaebum suddenly standing up from his seat to look how much he get the puke on his outfit. But Jinyoung seems like he don't care, or more like he can't because he's not even on his right mind. Jinyoung runs toward the toilet since he feels like he want to throw up some more. Jaebum follows him still with anger but needs to clean up.


"can you stop being such a bad luck for me?? ", Jaebum grumpily saying to the guy who is been busy throwing up all he has inside his sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter