I'm aching begging you to come help

you're my fifth season (impossibly warm)
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

I'm aching begging you to come help

 


Woohyun could hardly breathe as he paced around the office, yelling with a broken voice to a basically thin air without someone to hold him tight and soothe the heartache inside him that keeps on growing and growing, giving no spaces for the raven to breaths. Because his nightmare, the worst thing that he tried to avoid has finally become a reality.

 

A bitter truth.

 

“Funny that I’m seeing you here after the whole ruckus last Friday.” A bored sound coming from the door, breaking the raven from continuously destroying his perfectly made office.

 

Since the inevitable Friday night, Woohyun has been going around looking for Sunggyu since he knows his boyfriend’s best friend who occasionally likes him, but most of the time hate him to the very marrow of his bone has a personal vendetta against him. And under no circumstances, would they talk to Woohyun again, let alone to notify his boyfriend’s whereabouts right now. 

 

So Woohyun, in his Black Bentley and disheveled appearances, takes privileged as the Seoul’s citizen, and going around the city looking for the brunette. He keeps a close inspection to Sunggyu and Hoya’s apartment, but nothing that he did gives out any clues to his frustration right now. Which, in turns, making him more frustrated.

 

“Mark, please. I have enough from Hoya and Dongwoo. I know I’m ing stupid, but please, spare me some pity, yeah?”

 

“Condolence to you for losing him, man.”

“Do I look like I’m going to let him go? Like this?”

 

“If you keep on being stupid? Yeah, he won’t come back. Can’t you see that your refusal to acknowledge him to your dad hurt him so freaking much?” 

 

“Why did everyone keeps on blaming me? I’ve told him from the very beginning that I can’t give him more than I can right now. I’m in a crisis with the board, and you think being Gay and in love wouldn’t give them the advantage to kick me out of the company?” Woohyun says as he stops pacing around and takes a seat in his chair. He doesn’t mean to explode to his temporary secretary but the pressured is too much right in this moment. 

 

Here goes nothing. “I can’t help you but I can give you Sungjong’s number? So your stupid and ridiculous self can go and bring your lover back.  Because as much as I love being on the top floor, I can’t work for you.”

 

“Sungjong?”

 

Mark draw a blank. The problem, once again, is that he has no idea how much Woohyun know about Sunggyu. And Jingyoung’s words last night reappears on his unconscious thoughts, “Woohyun keeps on taking and taking without giving back anything.”

 

“That’s Sunggyu’s brother. Oh , Woohyun, how much did you know about Sunggyu really?”

 

If Woohyun makes an admission, he’s going to sound like a total moron. He takes his pen and starts to play with the object. He can’t outright lie to Mark. He guesses he could, definitely, but this seems like a stupid reason, not that there’s ever really good reason to be dishonest. To come to nothing through something is the way to outside from both sides.

 

“I’m not the best boyfriend, yeah? I guess I’m having a bit of a dry spell but see, that’s what happens when you tried to hide the relationship, thinking that it won’t last long. Because dreaming and hoping is only for the weak.”

 

“But I thought you guys were pretty serious? Two years is a long time, dude.”

 

“I did. I mean, there’s nothing I won’t do just to make him happy. But declaring our relationship? That’s something that I’ve never taken seriously until you know—uh, last Friday.”

 

“You and your stupid pea-sized brain ing deserve that bruise.” Mark turn around to leave the room but get halt in his step when the door was pushed open from the outside, indicating presences of another person.

 

 

And it seems ironic, expecting the unexpected like someone had fabricated pieces of Woohyun’s story to make it more interesting. Considering his suffering with the current version, he can't imagine the first draft. Most people want to be circled by safety, not by the unexpected. The unexpected can take him out. But the unexpected can also take him over and change his life. 

 

“On what occasions, do I deserves this unwelcome visit, Dad?” Woohyun says in lieu of ‘hello’ and ushering Mark to leave the room for he has a very important matter to discuss with his father.

 

“Words, young man, Words. And I have a proposition.”

 

“A propositions. Sure, pencil me in.”

 

“I’m serious, Nam Woohyun.” His full name. And Nam Jaehyuk only ever uttered his son’s full name when he’s in the last stage of his patients. Which something that Woohyun could care less.  “I want you to get married. I’v

Please log in to read the full chapter