Epilogue

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last Chapter Title: In the mood for love 

 

 

Everything was still the same; The incoherent chatters at the night market,Some couples having a romantic date at nighttime and other people doing their own businesses.

It was now past midnight and the skies were starless; The climate was ruthlessly cold enough to basically make the entire place freeze.

Though The wild breeze finally calmed down,Taehyung was still struggling to regain his sanity and composure.

It was way too difficult for him to see his boyfriend being carried out by a gurney once an ambulance came.

It was too hard for Taehyung to even bear to look at Jungkook's blood-covered head.

Seeing all these makes him recall the incident that made him lose a beloved family member.

And Taehyung was so afraid that Jungkook might face the same tragic fate that his younger brother did.

It was exactly almost the same that he couldn't stop the tears from trickling down his face,when he remembered stepping into the ambulance.

When Jungkook was finally brought to the hospital,Taehyung exerted all his strength to move the stretcher up to the Emergency Room.

He wanted to be with Jungkook even in the ER but he was pulled back by the nurses,forbidding him from entering the said room.

"Are you his guardian?" A blurred and unclear voice questioned in an obviously superficial reason and it was clearly of no avail.

Taehyung just stood there helplessly like he's about to fall down onto his knees very soon. There was absolutely nothing at this moment which could bring him to care.

"Excuse me Sir? Are you alright?" Taehyung then turned to the person speaking and nodded unquestioningly.

"Okay..." The person heaved a relieved sigh as he put his stethoscope around his neck,grabbing his fountain pen from the pocket of his white medical robe,after.

"Are you the guardian of the boy you just sent away to the ER?" The person tapped the fountain pen and scribbled things on his clipboard.

Taehyung had an unwanted shiver run down his spine,eyes slowly making exophthalmic movements "Y-Yes..."

"Oh...I'll be the doctor assigned for that patient by the way,I'm Kim Namjoon..."The person,namely Namjoon,extended his hands which Taehyung nervously shook.

"Please tell me that patient's full name..."

"J-Jeon Jungkook."

Taehyung gradually swallowed the sharp lump,having a very strange feeling to be cautious. 'I thought I'll just have to sign some papers...'

Namjoon cleared his throat,gaze never leaving his clipboard "Alright,Your name is?"

"K-Kim T-Taehyung..." Okay,He swears that he has never really stuttered this much before.

"Relationship?"

"...B-Boyfriend..."Taehyung hesitated for a split second but he knew he definitely wasn't ashamed of anything,He had no reason to be.

From his peripheral vision,Taehyung could see Namjoon look up for a moment but seemed to just decided to shrug a thought off,considering how he simply glanced at Taehyung,who had his head bent down.

"Fine..." Namjoon hung his pen by his robe pocket once again as he puts his clipboard below "I... I'm cool with it,I'm not a homophobe or something."

"Oh..." Taehyung awkwardly bites his lips as cold silence came.

"Then Please take good care of the patient, I... I really can't afford to lose him." Taehyung pleaded with a very hoarse voice "I won't be able to live on without him."

Namjoon casually nodded "Don't worry and have trust on him, Judging by the looks of his wound,It's not that deep so I'm sure there won't be a lot of complications regarding this..."

"I'll leave him to your care,doctor..." The two bowed at each other as a sign of respect,before parting ways.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung patiently waited by the chairs near Jungkook's temporary room,twiddling his slender fingers as an attempt to help ease the consternation he felt.

The hospital definitely wasn't the best place he should be in right now,This kind of place only brings back his bad memories.

Of course,It wasn't as cold as it was in the outside but being in here make him feel a lot worse that he had that great urge to vomit any second now.

But it was no surprise since he always felt very nauseous at hospitals; One of the reasons Jin didn't pursue being a medical doctor,besides of financial issues.

Teeth involuntarily crashing and gritting against each other due to utter nervousness,Taehyung lets out heavy breaths.

Some patients,nurses,doctors and other visitors passed him by like wind which he barely noticed.

And at last, The door of Jungkook's room finally opened,revealing the same blonde doctor he encountered a while ago.

"Oh,Kim Taehyung ssi?" The doctor called out.

Hearing his name,The latter immediately shuffled off his seat,staring at Namjoon with alarmed,expectant eyes

"H-How is his condition,doctor? I-Is he alright?" A painful trepidation about Jungkook's state bothered him so much.

Namjoon simply flashed a gentle smile,patting Taehyung on the back "We ran a CT scan for him and thankfully,He just suffered a minor concussion so as I thought,the wound obtained was shallow and his skull didn't get damaged."

"He did get a fragmental fracture on his left leg but it'd also cured after a short while. His heartbeat and state is also normal so he'll wake up soon." Namjoon continued "And he shall be discharged within two days or even earlier if his healing process expedites "

"C-Can I visit him now?" Taehyung asked to which Namjoon just nodded to. "Th-Thank you so much doctor..."

Mouth open,Taehyung inhaled and exhaled unevenly,oddly reluctant to enter the room.

He knew he wants to see him,very badly at that. But then,why does he get a crash of vague and uncertain feeling in his mind?

Taehyung felt thousands of daggers strike his heart at every step he made,his brain which was blank again,throbbing at every basic command it took.

Fingers quivering as he slowly reaches out his hand to open the door,Taehyung gulped until his body finally complied.

As he bore foot onto the room, Taehyung closes the door gently,so it would not make a noise.

The first thing he saw was his boyfriend,laying upon the bed still unconscious,skin tone much paler than it originally was.

Though the doctor's words were totally comforting,He silently still hoped that Jungkook acquired some irreversible disease.

Taehyung approached the younger step by step,getting a chair on the side to place adjacent the bed where Jungkook was.

He slowly took a seat and just stared intently at Jungkook's kind,relaxed and handsome visage.

It was as though he was into a black hole where only he and Jungkook would never be disturbed or distracted.

For the twice time in his entire life,Taehyung didn't know what to do yet again. His mind was utterly blank and all his reflexes told him was to take the younger's hand.

Thus, Taehyung leaned in closer to take a grasp of Jungkook's pale,ice-cold hands with his own warm ones,caressing his skin softly.

He curled his fingers and slid them into the spaces between his boyfriend's hands tightly,as if this would be the very last time he'll get to hold it.

Taehyung didn't make any sounds,He could think of nothing but Jungkook at the apparent time.

But as he proceeded to move closer,Millions of thoughts suddenly whipped circles in his mind.

The ultimate panic he hated to act up has finally revealed itself; Those pessimistic thoughts were immediately becoming too much for his brain to process.

Sad little tears started to well harder upon his face that bore a very bleak expression,almost enough to frighten a wight.

"I... I-I'm very sorry Kookie,I... I didn't know what came to me. I just didn't want you to be bereaved." Taehyung spoke in a somber manner.

"I just... I didn't want any of this to happen,I was stupefied and... I only wanted you to have something to remember your mother of." Taehyung muttered,a pensive aura slowly oozing around him.

"B-But I guess I-I went too far..." He mildly clutched the younger's hands which was trapped against his own,warm tears trickling from his eyes down his wrist.

Taehyung sobbed softly,snuffling a little until he felt Jungkook's finger,which was intertwined with his own,twitch slightly.

He felt his heart skip a beat as he watched how Jungkook's eyelashes flutter gradually,his orbs opening in the form of crescents.

"K-Kookie...?" Taehyung mumbled,almost inaudibly.

"..." Jungkook didn't reply and simply responded with a moan,weakly turning his head to the elder.

Jungkook's pink pair of lips parted for a moment,as if he was attempting to speak,but it suddenly closed again.

Taehyung got alarmed and was about to stand up to call a doctor but Jungkook's grip on his wrist stopped him.

"K-Kookie,I...--" Taehyung was cut off by Jungkook whose gaze pierced against him,His eyes which were as dark as a blackhole seemed to have him.

Jungkook blinked slower than he normally does as he looked at Taehyung without an expression "Who... are you?"

Alas,Those three words which he was most afraid to hear has finally been blurted out.

At that exact second,Taehyung felt numbness prevail from his head to toe,hands getting cooler with no warning.

He was absolutely shocked,The doctor said Jungkook was fine and that no complications would finally arise but ...

What is this? A temporary memory loss? Or maybe an amnesia?

Taehyung was scared if Jungkook was suffering from either of them.

Jungkook literally became his world; Since he lost his brother,He believed the only reason he was still here was because he still had to share the knowledge he possessed to others,which but was why he chose to be a teacher.

Though,of course,His family gave big support and love which made him a lot stronger through the years but He thought that would end by just that.

And that was until he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter