Purpose

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So... This is actually the penultimate chapter. (THIS IS 2900 WORDS OMG!!!)

I swear that I should've posted this a few days ago but NO WIFI :(

Thank you very much to 12_kop for the latest upvote btw! I really REALLY appreciate it (^∇^)

I will post the final chapter soon ~

[ WARNING: VERY HORRIBLE ANGST AND HOPELESS DRAMA ]

 

--

 

 

Jungkook's eyes trembled out of complete anxiety,lips gradually quivering as he waited for the elder to explain.

"It all started the day Jung died. Taehyung blamed himself and cried everyday,repenting his own..." Jin began,obviously not happy with the topic he's about to open.

"Every night after,He would weep at his sleep and sometimes even scream out of pain and sorrow..." Jin bit his lips,as he slowly positioned himself more comfortably.

It was too difficult for Jungkook to imagine how sad Taehyung could've been;How lonely he could've been...

"I've always wanted to introduce and mention him to you or vice versa but I was too afraid that would open his scars more..." Jin clarified

'...S-So that's why I didn't even know he had a brother even after these seven years...' Jungkook found himself tearing up already.

"Every night,I'd visit his room to check what's wrong and he's always calling out our youngest brother's name tiredly." Jin continued "At first,I thought it was normal for him to mourn in his dreams..."

"But after restless weeks of him being that way,I knew there was definitely something wrong so I went to consult a doctor for him." Jin stated,sniffling.

"And that's when I found out he's diagnosed with PTSD,The doctor said that it could happen to anyone who witnessed something painful like a death or somethings like that." Jin glanced up to Jungkook whose eyes were a bit puffy.

"But I never imagined Taehyung to be one to suffer from it..." Jin breathes out hardly.

"I didn't know how I could help him,I didn't want him to undergo counseling because it may hinder his work and all...I really didn't know how..." Jin remarked,intently staring at nowhere

"Does he...know about this,About the disorder he bore?" Jungkook asked,looking down.

"He doesn't...I didn't let him know because I knew things will get even harder for him,I didn't want him to feel incompetent" The elder answered as he glanced at the younger "Jungkook..."

"Can you please help him? Can you look after him in case something ever happens? And please don't treat him differently,He's still him...No big deal."

Jungkook rapidly nodded , "I will do everything I can hyung,I won't let anything happen to him...And yes,That's something I could promise you..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook barely managed to walk out of the house,carrying his wobbly and weak legs which just wanted to gave itself up.

He has never felt his heart hurt this much before,it's like when his parents left this world.

Jungkook has always thought of Taehyung as a decent,energetic,optimistic and that he's a respectable person for that.

Taehyung having a trauma as bad as that has never once crossed his mind and he knew he never would have...

Biting his swollen lips to suppress the tears threatening to escape,Jungkook paced with as much strength he could muster to come home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as Jungkook reached his house,He knelt down in absolute discomfort as he clutched his aching heart,tossing his bag carelessly.

The tears then freely streamed down his sorrowful eyes as he thought about every moments he and Taehyung ever spent...

Even if he replayed all those times with him,He wouldn't see even a trace of a person who witnessed a traumatizing death of a family member.

All he would see is an adorable man who is selfless and understanding about everything;Someone who can see the good in everything.

He had too many doubts to accept that life is going to be okay if the world is doing this to the both of them.

A vague thought then entered his reverie,A feeling that he does not deserve Taehyung and that he has never done anything for Taehyung at all.

Jungkook realized just how much attached he was to the elder when they haven't been together for a year or even half.

He realized how special the love they shared within only a short period of time.

Jungkook then sniffled and wiped his tears before standing up,suddenly finding himself yet a new reason to believe...

A reason to believe that everything will be alright as long as they're by each other's grasps.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook laid an arm where he laid his head comfortably,staring into the shallow-seeming ceiling of his dim room,with his mildly soft eyes.

He didn't know what was good to do right now... Jungkook was too worried about how his boyfriend's state would be.

He then heaved a deep sigh as speculations kept on being made, 'What if something happens to Taehyung on his way to his destination? What if he suddenly faints or...or... lose himself? I don't know what I should do...'

Jungkook grabbed his phone to check the time,having a strong impulse to message his boyfriend whom he hasn't heard from since earlier.

It was quite a couple of hours ago this morning when they had their last conversation.

 

 


6:38 pm
To: Kim TaeTae<3


Where are you right now,Tae? Is the faculty meeting finished yet?

 

 


Jungkook put the phone upon his chest after,clutching it tightly as he waited for a reply.

After a few minutes of patient wait,His phone vibrated which quickly caused a happy grin to form in his face.

Jungkook quickly smiled from ear to ear,realizing he received not only a simple reply back but a call.

He immediately answered it with a smitten expression "Hello?"

"Jungkookie~" Taehyung,on the other line,called out sweetly.

It made all of Jungkook's worries just melt away and all his problems fade.

He giggled quietly to himself before clearing his throat, "So,Has your meeting ended now or...?"

"Yes it has,All the other teachers were so chatty..." Taehyung remarked jokingly with a chuckle.

"Ohhh...Then have you eaten yet? Were there snacks?"

"No,All of them were too frugal and stingy when it comes to treats and such..." Taehyung let out a laugh,to which Jungkook loved hearing,yet again.

"So how about you? Did you eat dinner already?"

Jungkook bites the insides of his blushing cheeks and shook his head as if his boyfriend would see him "No I haven't..."

"Then would you like to go out to eat or just grab a drink?" Taehyung asked

"Sure,You must've been enduring your hunger since earlier that you're only asking me this now." Jungkook sat up to speak properly.

"No actually,I'm just making that as an excuse because I miss you...very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter