Visitor

Skies Apart

One afternoon, Jaehwan returned home to be faced with a surprise. He entered only to squeal in shock to see man sitting on the couch. He was tall and oddly looked familiar with dark hair and intimidating demeanor. He wore expensive clothing and certainly didn't look like a native Korean -- eccentric really. His narrowed eyes observed Jaehwan in curiosity. 

Jaehwan spoke once he gained his voice. 
"Who are you? What are you doing here?"

The man scoffed, "And why should I answer to you?"

"Because I live here!"

"That can't be; Kim Wonshik lives here!" 

Jaehwan looked at the man in suspicion, "You know Wonshik? How?"

"What do you mean 'how'? As his brother, of course I'd know him! What right do you have to interrogate me?! Sheesh, no hospitality nowadays!" The man looked irritated.

Brother?! But Wonshik never mentioned a brother to Jaehwan. But it wasn't impossible; this man could very well be what he claimed. 
Jaehwan was awakened from his thoughts from fingers snapping in front of his face. 

"You're an odd choice of a housekeeper", the man muttered before pointing to some luggage. 

"Go on, move these things to the guest room at once". Jaehwan blinked before nodding. He was perplexed and confused so he did what he was told. He didn't understand why he had to move all the luggage; the man was clearly much larger built than he. 

Jaehwan was barely finished when the man ordered him to the bath started. Jaehwan tried not to get offended. He was a guest, right? This was basic hospitality he told himself. 
When the man had gone to the bathroom, Jaehwan sighed and slumped onto the couch; his back had been aching since he moved the six large suitcases. Was this guy going to stay long? Why couldn't he live at a hotel?
And why the hell didn't Wonshik tell him that his brother was coming over. Jaehwan contemplated calling his boyfriend but he'd be finishing up recording. And Wonshik was very moody and sensitive when working so disturbing him wasn't a good idea. Besides, he should be home in an hour or two. 

"You're sitting??"

Jaehwan looked up at the man, "I think I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Lee Jaehwan". When Jaehwan held out his hand, the man just looked at it and blinked. "Kim Jongin".

"Nice to meet y----" Jaehwan began only to be interrupted by Jongin. 

"Are you not planning to get me dinner?? I'm hungry you know. The flight from Japan was terribly long and airplane food is gross. You'd think they'd have standards in first class".

"Right", Jaehwan sighed, too exhausted to put up a fuss, "What would you like". 

"Sushi from the store in Incheon". 

"Eh?? Incheon? But that's really far -----" Jaehwan protested. 

"That's your excuse?! I've had sushi from there every time I come to Korea!" Jongin exclaimed. 

Jaehwan gulped. The restaurant was open 24/7 but it would take him 30 minutes by bus. He sighed in defeat and nodded. Maybe he'd be back before Wonshik. After all, this was his chance to make good impression on Wonshik's family. Since his boyfriend spoke so highly of them, he'd always want them to have the best. 

"I-I understand", Jaehwan said. He went to the kitchen to take an Aspirin tablet before grabbing his coat. Jaehwan rubbed his tired eyes as he waited for the bus. 
_____________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Wonshik had just parked and was making his way to his apartment. He had a tiring day and only wanted to snuggle up with his boyfriend and order in. He called Jaehwan earlier at work and he sounded distracted. When he asked, Jaehwan insisted he was fine; just an everyday headache. 

He cheerfully unlocked his his door and made his way inside. Jaehwan was most likely sleeping away so Wonshik made sure to not be loud. But when he walked into his living room, he was shocked to see someone he wasn't expecting at all. 

"Kai! What----"

"Why don't you look happy to see me?" The latter smirked. 

"How did you even get in? Why did you come here without telling me?!" Wonshik demanded. 

"Do I need permission to see my brother?" Jongin challenged. 

"How long were you here? I'm sure you have your stuff in you hotel room so you should get going", Wonshik rubbed his forehead. 

"Don't sound so cold, I wanted to stay here with my brother. I got my stuff moved into your guestroom", Jongin said. Now that Wonshik looked properly, he could see Kai was wearing his pyjamas.  

"When are you leaving?" Wonshik wasn't happy. He wasn't at all fond of his stuck up stepbrother. They didn't share any views but Jongin seemed to believe that he could waltz around whenever he willed. 

"A week or so".

Wonshik scowled and went to his room without another word. The sheets were neat from the morning and there was no Jaehwan to be seen. It was 8pm so Jaehwan should've been home two hours ago. 

"Yah! Have you seen Jaehwan?" Wonshik demanded. 

"Your butler? I sent him out for food. Honestly, he has no clue about basic hospitality, fire him".

Wonshik was furious; what right did Jongin have to treat Jaehwan like that?! 
"Who the hell do you think you are?! I don't want to hear you speak of Jaehwan in that way". 

Wonshik was annoyed and went to take a shower and change. After freshening up, Wonshik returned. As expected, Kai wasn't fazed and cheerfully watch TV. Wonshik didn't say anything as he sat across from him. It seemed like forever when Jaehwan finally returned home. Wonshik was up and about like a puppy as soon as he heard the door open. 

"Hwannie! What took so long?" He asked. 

"Ah you're home, y-you never told me your brother was visiting", Jaehwan said with a small smile. He was shivering a bit but looked alright. 

"Here, you can give this to Jongin-sshi, I - uh---" Jaehwan began only to be interrupted by Wonshik. 

"Incheon?? You went to Incheon?! Why on earth would you go there for lunch? There are places close by", Wonshik exclaimed in bewilderment. 

"Oh, Jongin-sshi insisted that he wanted sushi from Incheon. But the last bus on the way back had difficulties half way so I walked", Ken explained. 

Wonshik was furious as he stomped inside. 

"Are you stupid?! Why the hell did you make Jaehwan go to incheon?!" 

Kai looked up at Wonshik as though he was asking Jongin what color the sky was. 
"For sushi?" 

"Why don't you just ---". 

"Ravi-ah, you don't have to be so angry. Besides, he's your family and a guest", Jaehwan said. Wonshik grit his teeth and glared instead. 

He joined Jaehwan in the kitchen instead. 
"Can you please serve him Shikkie? I wanted to take a quick shower and --" 

Wonshik realized Jaehwan was still wearing his uniform so he  probably got no rest the entire day. 
"It's fine, you shower and go to bed. I'll deal with him", Wonshik said, giving his boyfriend a small peck. Jaehwan smiled "hwaighting!!" 
______________________________________
"So he's not your butler". 

Ravi put the plate down. "He's my boyfriend Kai. And if you have a problem, you are welcomed to leave".

The latter huffed arrogantly, "I guess I made the mistake of assuming you actually had standards".  

"Kai shut up. I'm tired and I want to go to bed after this", Ravi said with his mouth full. 

And so, Ravi finished up and brushed his teeth before getting into bed. He was tired and he hugged Jaehwan like a giant teddy bear. His boyfriend was a light sleeper so he shuffled awake, turning to face Ravi. 

"Oh, sorry for falling asleep. I was gonna wait for you", Jaehwan yawned. 

Wonshik smiled, "No its fine, you're tired". 

"So your brother huh?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know he'd visit".

"You've never mentioned him", Jaehwan said. 

Wonshik sighed, "Hes my step brother. Im sure you noticed he's rather arrogant and rude. Hopefully he'll be gone soon". 

Wonshik was going to continue when he noticed Jaehwan's eyes slowly shutting, "yeobo, you shouldn't say that about your family".  Ravi chuckled and kissed Jaehwan's forehead before going into dreamland.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

awh sorry for making Kai a bad guy in this fic; he's actually adorable xP

tension is in the aiiiirr

sorry this chapter is short but enjoy!