tension

Skies Apart

"So you guys made up?" Jaehwan asked when he saw a hickey on Hakyeon's neck. 
"More like made out", Hakyeon scoffed. That earned him a light smack on his head from Leo who told him to shut up. 

"TMI hyung", ken said flatly, "By the way, how did this argument even start? Don't tell me you forgot because ----"

"I remember but it was in the past", Hakyeon said cheerfully as he began to ponder. 

"Kay hyung, you get changed, and I'll get started with set up", Jaehwan smiled. 

He remembered dropping a plate; but that wasn't when it began. 
It was after he dropped and broke three plates, that Taekwoon's composure cracked. Hakyeon didn't know why he felt so dizzy and tired that he made such mistakes. And jaehwan was taking care of the front. There weren't even many customers for Hakyeon to be stressed about. 
Taekwoon stomped over to him and demanded why he'd been breaking plates. Hakyeon ignored him which pissed him off even more. 
"It was an accident okay?" Hakyeon had snapped angrily, "Give me a break!" 
--------------------------------------------
Well now, he was only happy they patched things up since all this was so unbearable and stressful. 

It was a cheerful day but around the afternoon, came the disturbance of peace. 

------
"Hello sir, may I take your ord------" jaehwan stopped when he saw a familiar face. 

Kim Jongin. 

"W-what are you doing here?!" Jaehwan demanded. 
More importantly, how did Kai know he worked here??

"What do you mean? I'm just a paying customer", Kai said innocently. 

Jaehwan frowned and took this order. This day didn't seen so bright to him anymore; it was as though something bad was going to happen. 
Jaehwan also acted normal because he didn't want his hyungs to know that that man was Kai. Hakyeon was very protective and the type to march over there and give the guy a piece of his mind without caring about his surroundings. 

Jaehwan brought back Jongin's dark coffee and frosted cinnamon bun, setting it down. 
"Please enj----"

But he was interrupted, "I think you got my order wrong". 

Jaehwan looked at him in confusion, "This is exactly what you ordered". 

"I don't remember actually. But now I want a latte and bagel with cream cheese". 

Jaehwan grit his teeth and it took his patience to not smack the upside the head. 
He picked up the items, "Of course, sir".  

Jaehwan cursed the man in his head, furious that his time was being wasted with this. He threw away the perfectly fresh food and went to the kitchen to give in the order when ------ oh God! Poor Jaehwan's eyes!!

Taekwoon had Hakyeon pinned to the wall, while Hakyeon had his fingers in Taekwoon's hair, locking lips. Jaehwan coughed and the two broke apart like the plagued​ hit them. 
Both boys' cheeks were tinted pink. 
"Wow I didn't know face was allowed in the workplace" Jaehwan said sarcastically, raising a brow. 

"Sorry we got carried aw ----" Hakyeon began when Leo interrupted him.  

"So what did you want?" Leo asked. 

Jaehwan lifted the order and handed it to Leo, not touching his hands. The elder looked at him in confusion. 

"Don't touch me, you have Hakyeon-cooties", Jaehwan stuck out his tongue. 

"yah! You piece of donsaeng! Its Hakyeon hyung to you!" Hakyeon called, "I'll show you cooties".

Jaehwan giggled and escaped to the front of the cafe, unfortunately reminded that the devil himself was still seated there. 

After Kai had his order and finished it, he didn't leave to Jaehwan's dismay. 
Instead the man pulled out his laptop and got busy. Despite begging annoyed, Ken did his best to ignore him and continued with work. 
Kai didn't leave until closing and ken also departed 30 minutes later. 

"What did you do today?" Ravi casually asked during dinner. 
"It was fine, right Jaehwan-ah?" Kai smirked. 
Ravi raised a brow while ken glared at the latter.

"Huh? But jaehwan was at work---" it took a while for Ravi to piece together the situation but he did eventually. 

"Yah! If you're gonna bother him at work --" he scolded before ken stopped him. He didn't know what Kai was trying to do but ken was too tired for an argument to break out. 

"It's fine Ravi. He just came in for coffee", Jaehwan muttered before going to take a shower. 

After he did, he returned to the living room. He found Wonshik and Jongin looking at papers with a bunch of profiles. 

"What's that?" Jaehwan asked curiously. 

"Nothing" from Ravi came at the same time Kai responded smugly with "Potential fiances". 

Jaehwan blinked as he took in the information. He swallowed and looked at Ravi who quickly protested. 
"It's not what you think Jaehwan-ah". 

Jaehwan felt hurt --- that was an understatement but there was no way he'd show it. 
"Ah okay" he forced the best smile he could, "Well I'm kinda tired so I'll see you in the morning Wonshikkie!" 

When Ravi heard the pet name, he calmed down and smiled, thankful that Jaehwan wasn't upset. Besides, Jaehwan was way too strong to be affected by such a petty thing. 

But Jaehwan wasn't that strong. He went to the bathroom and cried his heart out before falling asleep faced down on his bed. He felt helpless. Ravi was his first everything and the fact that he would get rid of him broke Jaehwan's heart. It seemed so unreal but real at the same time. 
In the beginning of their relationship, Jaehwan avoided Ravi being smitten with him. He couldn't understand why of earth he'd ever like someone like him. They worked past the issues as Ravi was extremely sweet and did his best to make Jaehwan's insecurities fade away. But now, they were creeping back out and Jaehwan didn't know what
to do. 
Thankfully, Ravi had left by the time he was up in the morning and he didn't look at Kai as he hurried out to work. 
----------------------------
It was during lunch that Hakyeon demanded to know why the hell Jaehwan looked like a vampire. 

They switched the sign to 'Gone for lunch' before sitting down with some coffee and muffins. Hakyeon, Leo and ken sat at a round table. 

"wonshik and Kai were looking at profiles for a potential fiance for Wonshik", Jaehwan blurted. 
Hakyeon and Taekwoon stared at him, "you're kidding". 
Jaehwan shook his head, "Wonshik only said it isn't what it looks like". 

"And what did you say?!" Hakyeon demanded. 

Jaehwan looked down, "Nothing. I didn't want to be ---- like that --- in front if them". 

They were quiet until Hakyeon spoke again. "You should've talked Hwannie! If Leo ever did something like that, I'd cut him!"

Leo didn't seem surprised as he munched on the blueberry muffin. 

"And its already annoying that he hangs around here", Ken groaned. 

"What? When has he been here?" Leo suddenly got interested. 

"Yesterday", Jaehwan muttered. 

"Why the hell didn't you tell me?" hakyeon demanded in his mother hen mode, "I would've knocked some sense into him!" 

"No offense hyung but he's like twice your size  .... Even I'm bigger than you. He'd probably step on you", Ken replied dully. 

"Not if he wants to get his foot stuck in his ", Leo offered his two cents. 
Ken rolled his eyes. 

"But seriously Ken, you better tell me next time that creep comes here!" Hakyeon exclaimed. 

Ken was quiet as he kept thinking of Ravi leaving him for someone else. 
He didn't realize he was crying until Hakyeon hugged him tightly, soothing his back and giving him words if assurance. But Jaehwan only began to full out sob. A
"H-hyung, what if he doesn't like me anymore? I--ive never liked anyone this much" Ken cried. Leo felt sad listening to Jaehwan cry. His usually cheerful voice sounded so heartbroken. 

"Don't say that Jaehwan. Ravi is smitten, he's definitely not the type to easily fall in and out of love", Hakyeon refuted. 

Leo felt terribly bothered. He definitely had to talk to Wonshik and tell him to get his together. Even though he usually wouldn't meddle, there was no way Ken could be sad; it was like flying pigs; just wrong. 
Hakyeon invited Ken over all weekend since he'd only be hurt if he stayed with Kai.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the following Sunday, Hakyeon and Ken had gone out for shopping so Leo payed a visit to Ravi's studio. 

"Leo hyung? What are you doing here?" Ravi asked in surprise. 

Leo merrily took a seat, "This is your lunch break right?" 

When ravi nodded, leo began to speak. 

"Look, I don't usually interfere with others' business but it's about Jaehwan. I know he's always cheerful and happy but he also has insecurities and negative emotions. He's good at hiding it so it's easy to forget. I'm just bringing this up because he doesn't seem very happy at work so Hakyeon isn't as cheerful. That's a problem because those two are the life of the cafe ".

Ravi blinked. 

"Geez just go on a date or have . Whichever one you choose because customers running low has never been an issue", Leo exclaimed. 

Ravi blushed deeply, "Yah hyung! We obviously can't because my brother is visiting and Jaehwan is loud".

"Okay well figure something out before I fire your boyfriend", Leo scowled. 

"You wouldn't do that. He's your friend too", Ravi smirked. Well he was right but Leo was at wit's end. 

"Well I still have to make a living. Why do you think those idiots are in front service? It's not just because they're pretty boys", Leo added with an eye roll. 

"Okay hyung, I'll talk to Jaehwan", Ravi said. 

............
"Hey how was your day?" Jaehwan asked. 

Ravi hummed so Jaehwan played a game on his phone instead. 
----------------------------------
The apartment had a faint scent of flowery perfume and Ken noticed a pair of heels at the doorway. 
Did Kai invite someone? 

Ravi entered the living room first. 
"Ah Wonshik! Yuri, this is my brother. He is a bit late but I can still introduce the two of you!" Kai said cheerfully. 

"What is this exactly?" Wonshik raised a brow, not looking at the woman. 

The woman looked from the two brothers to Ken who awkwardly bowed in greeting. 

"Well we were looking at potential fiances and this lovely young woman is the niece of Mr. Park who is the executive director of **** telecommunications", Kai said cheerfully motioning for his brother to sit. 

However, Ravi was sick and tired of this. 
"I dont know why youre so obsessed with me but this is the last time", Ravi yelled angrily, "ing Lee Jaehwan is my boyfriend! And you will not mess this up for me. One more incident and I'm kicking you out!"

The woman became embarrassed and excused herself to leave. Jaehwan felt bad because none of this was her fault, rather it was Kai who was being so bothersome. Kai said nothing as he glared at his brother when the woman left. 

Ravi looked furious and grabbed Ken's wrist and dragged him to their room and shut the door loudly, making the latter wince. 

"Wonshik-ah, I'll run you a shower and get dinner started. Y-you must be tired", Jaehwan said, pulling away from Ravi's grasp. Ravi massaged his head before nodding. 

"Yeah. Thanks".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravi is in a baaaad moood! Enjoy guys, sorry for the boring chapter!

Two (or three)more chapters left and this fic will be complete; dont worry, I shalll provide you w/ Kenvi in the end!!

I apologize for the late updates but please enjoy :) 

STATS IS KILLING MEEEEE

BTW everyone!!! pleaase support Ravi's solo BOMB! It's awesome and im soo proud that he finally did his solo! STREAM AND VOTE <3

hes sooo hawttt 

Like have you SEEEEN the live performances??!! *HEART ATTACK*

I CAN'T!

WHY IS HE SOOOO RUUUUDE?!?!?!?