Timeless

Drabble Collection

Timeless.

 

Exhaustion. Checked.

Starvation. Checked.

Dissatisfaction. Checked.

Oppression. Checked.

Schedules. Checked.

 

Taeyeon dragged her heavy limbs across the hallway barefooted, the silent living room was moonlit and still. The familiar endearing scene unfolded some hefty feelings that occupied her mind and soul just seconds ago, it alleviated some of the pain which she should have long gotten used to - evidently would and will not get used to - ever since she chose this path. She glanced at the newly purchased digital clock placed neatly on the coffee table. It was almost four in the morning.

Time is merely a concept. The arms of a clock spinning, ticking slowly, before rotating back to their rightful places and begin all over again. Assembled numbers to manifest the flow of nothingness - perhaps something superficial like age. An indicator of how much has been lost and engulfed in the plain, or permanently lost in a dimension hostile to humanity.

The flow of time has stopped in Taeyeon's muddled - no, confused - mind. A decade of dedication to her very own occupation. A long haul filled with fragmented memories of what, where and how did she plough through those insane, impossibility hectic schedules. She made it, somehow. Ran and ran and ran and she ran, tirelessly through the years in an unsympathetic industry. It was like stretching a rubber band, elasticity is bound to be lost when one tear it apart forcefully, the same applies to an overworked person. And when she  finally could afford the leisure to halt her steps for an interval, it was then she realised the internal clock of hers had frozen, unable to pick up its pace.

It was inevitable. For someone like her, time is solely a particular point in the day which tells her where to go, what to do, when to nap and devour. Repetitive and maddeningly dull at times, but it is inescapable and she had grown accustomed to this mind-numbingly weariness. 

 

The door to the ultimately one and only pink room was left ajar. 

Unwilling to wake the slender figure in bed, she tiptoed to the empty side of the double bed. Same as many uncountable nights heretofore, she fitted herself underneath the blanket and pressed up against the sleeping woman's back. It woke the latter still, even her every move was carefully contemplated and performed meticulously. The woman turned around and her long eyelashes fluttered open by just an inch.

'Hi.' The woman gave a drowsy smile, her voice raspy and thick with sleep.

But it was definitely the most breathtaking, adorable smile in the entire universe, at least for Taeyeon.

'Hi, I'm home.' Taeyeon returned a timid smile, wrapping her arms around the woman's waist, pulling her into a longing, warm embrace.

'Welcome home.' The woman kissed her with her upturned lips before slipping back into her peaceful sleep.

And time was forever frozen, but she wasn't bothered at all.

She'd like to have this moment - her reason to endure the suffocation from work and imposing life - their love, framed, untarnished, everlasting.