If You Listen to These Words

Us Against The World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We’re not gonna break...

Cause we both still believe...

We know what we’ve got...

And we’ve got what we need alright...

We’re doing something right...

 

“Will you wear this for me ?” Junhoe was on his knees, opened a red velvet box that he had been holding the whole night and showed Jinhwan a beautiful necklace with a key as the pendant. “Why a key ?” Jinhwan muttered, he was trying to hide his happiness, but his face was a traitor. He felt like Junhoe was trying to propose him. Junhoe let Jinhwan take a look at his own necklace. It had a padlock as the pendant. “Do you like to read comic book, Hyung ? I read this Japanese comic book, the title is Nana. It’s the name of the girls in the story. I haven’t finished reading the book. But when I saw 1 of the two girls wear a key necklace and her boyfriend has the padlock one, I immediately think of you.”

 

“It means, you have the key to unlock my heart. You’re the only one that can unlock it. It’s a real key and padlock though. Wanna give a try to unlock it ?” Jinhwan chuckled. “So, I have to unlock it first ?” Junhoe gave a shy smile. “No need. You know a thousand ways to unlock my heart without a key. It’s only a symbol.” Jinhwan wore the necklace and kissed Junhoe. “Thank you. Thank you for loving me. I never thought I can be happy again, after the whole disaster I’ve been through. I didn’t think I’m allowed to feel the love again. Thank you, Koo Junhoe. Thank you for showing me the power of love.”

 

“You are the one that showed me first, Hyung. When you gave yourself to that evil man, just to save your boyfriend’s life, I can’t help but feel touched. I’m so lucky to have you. You always love someone so purely.” Jinhwan’s eyes had tears. “Hyung, honestly… I don’t mind if you still want to go back to your ex-boyfriend. You love him so much; you’ve been in a relationship with him for so long.” Jinhwan shook his small head. “I loved him as a boyfriend. Now ? I love him, as an old friend. We wish the best for each of us. We agree that we’re not meant to be together. I have you and he has a new boyfriend too, someone whom he loves so dearly.”

 

“So, you’re not going back to him, because he has someone else ?” Jinhwan lightly punched Junhoe’s arm. “Whether he has someone or not, I’m not going back to him. I might love him so much, to the point I didn’t mind to be eaten alive as long as I can save him that day. But my empty heart is filled with your love. I can’t deny my own feeling too. You make me feel really special and worth it. Thank you, thank you, and thank you for loving me.”

 

“You keep repeating thank you… It’s me that must thank you. Thank you for agreeing to this crazy idea.” Junhoe planted a gentle kiss on Jinhwan’s lips and hugged him tightly, like he afraid Jinhwan would be vanished into the thin air. “The crazy idea of living together ? I’m happy, you see… My mother feels grateful for having a friend like your mother. I’m surprised to know they’re a childhood friend.” Then, they heard a soft knock on the door. “Junhoe ? Jinhwan ? Breakfast is ready. Get up now and eat together.” Junhoe’s mother knocked again. “Coming !” The four of them had a simple breakfast, but they were happy with their humble life. Deep down in his heart, Junhoe knew this happiness would not last long, while Chanwoo was shadowing them. He had to take an action, to make Jinhwan happy.

 

-☆-☆-☆-

 

Chanwoo was planning the details of his revenge to Junhoe. “You’ll be dead in pieces, Koo Junhoe. How dare you steal away my man like that.” He sent a text to Junhoe.

 

“Warehouse.

Behind the XY Bar.

4PM.

Today.”

 

Junhoe checked on his phone and stayed silent after reading Chanwoo’s text. So this is it… It will determine who’s worth and strong enough to protect Jinhwan Hyung. It will free him from that bastard forever. I have to win over him ! And Junhoe forwarded the text to Yunhyeong and Donghyuk and got a reply shortly.

 

“Junhoe, we’re coming with you.

Like it or not.

We can’t let you fight yourself to death.”

 

Junhoe replied back.

 

“Thanks, but this is my fight.

We’ll fight like a real man.

If he wants him, show it that he’s a gentleman.

Fighting with your men helping you is a coward act.”

 

Then his phone rang. It was Donghyuk.

 

“Man, at least let us come with you. We won’t even let him or his men know we exist. We can’t let you go by yourself.” Junhoe chuckled. “Afraid I’m going to lose ?” Yunhyeong grabbed Donghyuk’s phone and yelled at Junhoe. “Shut up, Junhoe ! You’ll win, okay ? Just let us go with you, don’t be a stubborn.”

 

-☆-☆-☆-

 

The trio arrived in the appointed place fifteen minutes earlier. Donghyuk and Yunhyeong hide behind the barrels and signaling Junhoe about Chanwoo’s arrival. They could see Chanwoo came with a few of his men. “I see that you come alone. Not afraid with your own death ?” Chanwoo’s cocky attitude was no longer become a problem for Junhoe. “I see that you’re a hen, bringing your little chicks around.” Chanwoo smirked and gestured to his men, to give them some space. “They’re here as a spectator. Let’s end this like a real man.”

 

“Huh… Do you even know what a real man is ? Do you know what a real man will do for his loved one ?” Junhoe looked at Chanwoo with sarcasm in his eyes. “Stop talking, you piece of . You’re stealing my man like a sissy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter