We Find Ways to Get It on Track

Us Against The World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There’ll be days...

We’ll be on different sides but...

That doesn’t last too long...

We find ways to get it on track...

And know how to turn back on...

 

Junhoe was a fast learner and became a close friend with Yunhyeong and Donghyuk. They liked to spend time together on break time, chatting about a lot of interesting things that happened lately and of course secretly talking about Chanwoo. Junhoe was wondering, how Jinhwan could stay for so long on Chanwoo’s side.

 

Isn’t he the one that make you suffer a lot ? How come you can still sit beside him, smile to him, let him ruffle your hair, do a lot of things just with him ? Have you forget about your ex-boyfriend ? Or, you want to bury your pain by giving that smile to him ?

 

Junhoe remembered the day of Jinhwan’s mother operation. He was delivering the flower that Jinhwan had ordered previously. A deep red Peony bouquet that Jinhwan’s mother loved very much. He arrived at the hospital around 8AM and was kind of lost at the first. Lucky him, Jinhwan was going to the vending machine near where he was standing with the flower on his hand.

 

“Junhoe ? Oh, the flower…” Junhoe turned his head to the voice he lately liked. “Hyung, I’m so sorry, I got lost… again… But anyway, this is the flower for your mother. And, uh, I bring dark chocolate for you. I hope it will help you during the operation time.” Jinhwan smiled to Junhoe and took the flower and the small bag of chocolates. “Thank you so much, Junhoe. You’re so thoughtful. We barely know each other, yet you’re already very kind to me. Thank you.” Junhoe smiled back and nodded. “No worries, it’s nothing.”

 

Junhoe wanted to go back to the shop, but he was hesitating for a while. “What’s wrong, Junhoe ?” Jinhwan gave a worrying look. “Ah, Hyung… I know the operation will take a long time. My shift will be over around 2PM. I wonder if you want to have a late lunch with me ?” Jinhwan surprised with Junhoe’s word. “Oh, do you mean… you want to accompany me here ? Junhoe, thank you so much… But please, don’t force yourself. I’m fine.” Junhoe shook his head. “No, no, I really want to have lunch with you and, uh, get to know you ? I mean, you’re a customer and a senior after all.”

 

Jinhwan laughed. “Okay, fine. 2.30PM in this very place. In case you get lost again. So we can go to the canteen together.” Junhoe quickly nodded. “Okay, sounds really good to me. See you, Hyung !” Jinhwan waved at Junhoe. He was happy to have someone cared for him and wanted to accompany him during this hard time. He was looking at the flower and smelled it. He did not realized, that the flower now reminded him not only to his beloved mother, but to a certain junior in his university.

 

-☆-☆-☆-

 

It was 1:45PM and the store was still packed with customers. Junhoe was cursing himself cause he never asked Jinhwan’s phone number. He could not tell Jinhwan, that he was going to be very late for their lunch. “Junhoe, why are you keep looking at the clock ? Do you have a date after your shift ended ?” Seunghoon was always the tease. He loved his new part time staff a lot. “Yes, I have a… Wait ! I’m not ! Ahhh, you always do this to me !” Seungyoon laughed while wrapping the pink rose bouquet for a man that stood in front of him. “Hyung, stop teasing him or he will miss the date !” Junhoe wondered if he would ever be at peace with these two owners.

 

The store was almost empty at 4PM and the SeungSeung brothers decided to close it earlier than the usual. “I’m tired, let’s get something to eat. We missed our lunch ! I will be slim like spaghetti if I keep skipping my lunch like this.” Junhoe was desperate and sulking while getting his stuffs. “Oh my God ! Your date ! Junhoeeeee, go, go, go !” Seunghoon was shooing Junhoe and managed to slipped a bouquet of tulip. “For your date, Junhoe. She will forgive you, don’t worry.” Junhoe nodded as a thank you and run as fast as he can to the hospital.

 

-☆-☆-☆-

 

Arrived at the hospital, Junhoe could not find Jinhwan at their meeting spot. He went to the receptionist to ask about Jinhwan’s mother. The nurse told him about the operation room and he quickly moved his legs even though he was so tired from running.

 

“Junhoe ?” Jinhwan was astonished to see Junhoe stood in front of him and panting with sweats all over him. “Were you running from the shop to the hospital ? Oh my, have a seat. Here, drink some water first. Sorry I didn’t wait for you; I thought you’re not going to come, so after a while, I came back here.” Jinhwan handed his water bottle to Junhoe and giggled seeing Junhoe drank like a horse. “Hyung, I’m really sorry ! The store was full of customers today and I couldn’t leave the owners. Have you eat lunch ?” Jinhwan shook his small head. “I told you I will be waiting for you, to have lunch together, right ?” Junh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter