Learning

Goddess of EXO

I woke up to someone patting my shoulder, and forgetting that I was out of my own personal hell I decided to flip that person on to my bed. I had them in a choke hold, and it took me a minute to figure out what was going on.

"Oh my god, Amber I'm so sorry." I immediately let go of her neck and flew myself backwards. Amber let out a little cough and rubbed her neck. I was so scared that she was going to kick me out of her house, but to my surprise she did the exact opposite.

"It's ok Gem. I don't know of what happened to you before you came here, so I should have been more careful." Amber smiled at me. She then stood up from the bed and grabbed my hands with hers. They were warm and soft compared to my cold and rough ones. 

"Girl your hands are freezing! Lets go downstairs and eat some warm breaktherfast." She slowly started pulling me in the direction of the kitchen. The whole time she had a bright smile on her face, and again, I questioned why she was helping someone she doesn't even know. I didn't have to much time to ponder on the thought, because When my nose hit the scent of the food being cooked, that is all I could think about. We had arrived in the kitchen where Victoria was cooking something amazing, and her and Victoria beckoned me to sit down. This time we sat at the dining table, and Victoria and Amber served me. Even though I had tried to help countless of times, they didn't let me move a finger. 

"Just relax Gem! We got it, don't worry!" Victoria smiled at me as her and Amber finally sat down at the table. Victoria then started to explain all the new foods to me. Things that I've never seen before had been places on my plate in front of me. Victoria called it an omelet, and the smell was just heavenly. When Victoria and Amber finished placing things on the table we all dug in together. 

"So, today I was thinking you could go run some errands with me." Amber looked over at me. I simply nodded my head while I stuffed my face. Victoria and Amber let out a giggle as they watch me with amusement. I immediately felt my face heat up and bowed my head in apology. They just waved it away and told me it was no big deal. "Cool, we should head out soon. I have a lot to get done." Amber explained. I nodded again and right when I finished my food Victoria took it away from me. 

"Why don't you go take another shower. We can leave when you're ready." Amber said. I bowed to them as I made my way back to Amber's room. On my path there something caught my eye in the living room. It was white and shinned from the sun rays bouncing on top of it. Images flashed in my head and I didn't realize I was walking towards it. I sat down on the bench facing the object. My hands moved on my own as they brushed over the pattern of black and white, but not pressing down on them. My mind played blurry pictures of a little girl playing a melody that was all too familiar. I watched her play and I had let myself go in the process. From what I could tell the young girl had bright blonde hair and was wearing a pretty blue dress.

The young girl soon finished playing and there was clapping in the background. It kept echoing as I could see a shadow of a man clapping his hands together. Something about the man made butterflies form in my stomach. I could even make out what he looked like. He made me feel weird, but in a good way. Before I could process further, I was knocked back into reality as the mans presence was replaced by Amber as she was clapping in my direction.

"Wow, I didn't know you played piano. You play very well." When she spoke the last sentence a man's voice spoke those same words. It brought back what was probably a memory. I didn't think that much of it, so I got off the bench and looked over at Amber.

"I didn't know that either." I responded. I looked back down at the grand white piano. I gently placed the cover back over the keys, and the put my hands to my sides. I felt Amber walk over to me, and she placed her hand on my shoulder in comfort.

"Are you alright?" She asked. I closed my eyes tightly and then opened them up. I tried to get this pull in the back of my heart to stop tugging. I let out a big breath and opened my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said. She nodded and we both headed towards her room. She helped pick out some clothes and some stuff together. I entered the shower after I closed the bathroom door behind her. As I let the hot water hit my body, my mind when back to that possible memory. I thought back to that man, and I tried to get my mind to focus on his features. It was still to blurry to figure out what he looked like, and it drove me crazy. I hit my hand against the tiled wall, and let out a sigh. There was just no way to figure out how this person could be. If anything, he was a part of my life before I got to the place I called hell. Now, I'm just going to have to wait until more memories are triggered.

I finished washing and turned the hot water off. I opened the glass door and stepped into the colder air. I quickly draped the towel around my wet body, and started to dry off. I looked towards the fogged up mirror and slowly approached it. I took my hand and rubbed my hand over the cold glass. My reflection became clearer and my body came into view. I looked over my form, seeing all the marks and scars gracing my body. My head was bald and I could see I was slowly gaining little hair stubble. I ran my head through the top and could feel the prickly blonde hair. I then looked at my body again. I was so skinny to the point of you being able to see my ribs. 

After examining my body for a few minutes I put on the clothes Amber gave me. Some black skinny jeans and a maroon hoodie with some logo on it. There were some socks and a black beanie I placed on my head. Before I left the bathroom I brushed my teeth and placed some socks on my feet. When I walked out of the bathroom I spotted Amber on her bed looking at some light up rectangle object. Once she noticed me she looked up from her phone and smiled. 

"All ready?" She asked as she put the object in her pocket. she must have noticed me staring so she let out a little laugh. She got off the bed and walked over to her closet. She came back out with some white shoes and brought them over to me.

"I think your feet are smaller than mine, but I gave you some large socks so hopefully they fit." She passed them over to me and I bent down to put them on me feet. As I did that I noticed by the sides of my eyes that she was doing the same. When we both finished she led me out of the house. Before we went out of the front Amber turned to me and place a rubber bracelet on my arm. I looked at the white band in confusion and Amber stated that it was a gift from Vic and her. I smiled and continued to follow her out the door. Though right as we got outside my eyes squinted in pain. Amber noticed my discomfort and ran back inside will quick. She came back with a pair of tinted glasses and placed them on my face. My eyes automatically felt more comfortable, so we then walked down the street side by side, neither of us saying a word.

"So, I just have a few stops that we need to make. Just the grocery store, and maybe some clothing store so we can get you some things of your own." Amber broke the silence. I simply nodded my head. We then made small talk of some things, even though it was mainly Amber talking about her life and interesting fact about her.

"I hate girly style clothing. I'm more of a fan of guy styled street wear. Sometimes I'm mistaken for a boy, but it doesn't bother my that much." She said as we started making our way to a busy street of people. I started getting nervous with the amount of people around us. Amber took a grab of my hand noticing my discomfort. I looked up to her and could see her smile.

"Don't worry. I'm right here." She reassures me. I let out a smile as we continued on our path to our first stop. As we continued walking I noticed all the displays as we walked along. There were things that I haven't seen before. Still human looking objects with blank faces were wearing the articles of clothing. It was weird to me watching people look at the weird thing. I shops display clothes on them so people can see what the clothes they sell would look like together. It makes it so people come in to try the clothes on." Amber explained like she could read my mind. She then told me to look out for stuff too so I can get some clothes of my own. Amber's were a tiny bit big on me.

I started to look around to the different 'mannequins'. Amber pointed out all the ones she liked. I wasn't too sure what I liked or didn't like. Clothes were just clothes to me. Though, I was a little cold in just theres skinny jeans and hoodie. I then decided to look for something warmer. It wasn't too long until my eyes spotted something warm. I stopped Amber as I stared at the black pants matched with a stripped shirt. It was covered by a dark green jacket that went down to the knees. On the mannequins feet were a pair of dark blue sneakers with a check mark on them. 

"Do you like that?" Amber watched me as I stared at the warm looking clothes. We entered and were automatically greeted by a stranger. She had a big smile on her face as she talked to Amber. She turned to the mannequin and pointed to the outfit I liked. The lady nodded her head and gestured us to a room.

"The lady works here. She's going to grab all the clothes they sell that made your outfit. You can try them all in this fitting room." Amber explained to me. IT hit me that she's getting used to explaining everything without me asking. Which marked me feel more comfortable being around her. We waited a few minutes before a knock was on the door. Amber opened it and took the clothes from her.

"I noticed that I forgot to put this on display with the outfit. Why don't you try it on and see if you like it too." I heard the worker explain. Amber thanked her and turned around towards me. Amber placed the cloths on the hooks on the wall. Though I didn't start changing yet, because even though I trust Amber I'm not comfortable changing in front of anyone.

"Would you be more comfortable if I turned around?" Amber asked. I quickly nodded my head and Amber immediately tuned around to face the wall. I quickly changed into the outfit. When I finished I signaled Amber to turn around. She slowly turned and took in the clothes on me. She squinted her eyes and placed her pointer finger chin, tapping it slowly. 

"I'm glad I gave you one of my white sports bras. Or else it would have been seen through your shirt." She nodded. Before she turned to the door she noticed something. I watched her walk over to the bench and grabbed a grey item. She let out a small laugh as she walked over to me. She took the cloth and put it over across the back of my neck. She then slowly wrapped it around my neck, making my neck feel really warm. 

"This scarf does make a nice touch, and with how skinny you are I bet you get cold easily." She mentioned. I simply nodded my head in agreement. We then left the changing room after amber put my old clothes in her backpack I never realized she had. We both walked to where girls were standing behind counters. I recognized one of the girls as the one who greeted us earlier. She noticed us and greeted us again. Amber and her talked for a few minutes and then suddenly Amber into her bag and pulled out some colored rectangles paper and handed it to the girl. While the girl was doing stuff with it Amber was given a pair of scissors that she put between her fingers. I almost jumped as I looked at them in terror. Amber realized and gently put her hands up in surrender.

"I'm going to cut off all these tags so stand still." I stood still as Amber slowly approached me. I stayed tense as she cut the strings attached to paper that were stuck on my clothes. When she finished and got the scissors away from me I could finally relax. She handed them back to the lady and they bowed to each other. Amber then grabbed my hand and lead me back outside. We walked down the street again and I was a lot warmer in these new clothes. Amber started to chat with me again as we walked along. Soon we stopped at another shop, but instead of clothes it looked like it sold food.

"We don't have to get much. Vic wanted me to pick up just a few things for dinner. Though, getting some good snacks don't sound like a bad idea either." She then grabbed a basket and we started browsing through the store. Every so often Amber would put something in the basket. We then reached a lane that had a colorful array of bags. I could see some drool come out of Amber's mouth. There was also a twinkle in her eyes as she looked around at the different packages. She then grabbed a bunch and placed then in the bags.

"We can just tell Vic I grabbed a lot so you can try them too. I mean, it's not a complete lie right?" She nudged me as she put a couple more things in. I smiled a little and watched her with interest. She continued talking about the different treats like they were her long time friends. It amazed me with how food could make someone so happy.

"Hey Amber!" Both of us turned to the sound of the voice. There were a few males making their way down the lane in our general direction. Quickly Amber walked in front of me, almost blocking my view of the man.

"Chan, what are you guys doing in a place like this?" Amber let out a laugh as she greeted one of the males.

"Just because we're royalty doesn't mean we cant enjoy a good candy isle." One of them spoke. They continued to talk for a few minutes until something caught my ears.

"Oh! I didn't realize you had a friend with you. Who's this?" I heard one of them speak. I felt Amber jump at the question, but she then turned around to me and slowly pulled me out next to her.

"This is my friend Gem. She's new in town." Amber introduced me. I simply bowed my head in respect, and they did the same.

"Hello Gem, I'm Baekhyun, this is Chanyeol, and lastly is Chen. Though, you already knew that." The man spoke. I only tilted my head to the side in confusion. I saw the guy's eyes widen in shock, but it was interrupted by Amber's awkward laugh.

"Hahaha, Gem you're so funny. She's a jokester, of course she knows who you guys are. Anyway, don't mean to be rude, but we need to head home for lunch." Amber bowed to the guys and I followed. She then grabbed my hand and tugged me down the isle. I looked down the isle one last time and looked at the guys. They all had serious looks on their faces, and for some reason it drawled my in. I felt something weird in the pit of my stomach until they weren't in view anymore. 

Until we got back to the house all I could think about was the guys we saw at the store. I couldn't get them out of my head, and every time I thought about those looks I felt a shiver run through my body. There was also something about their eyes that felt weird,

It was that they looked familiar.