12 More Years

Goddess of EXO

"," I grabbed my ankle to try to stop the pain. Though, I knew that this wasn't the worse that was about to come. I looked up at the Evil being in front of me as she looked down at me. I only glared at her as she approached me.

"Now dear, I know you're not fond of me but you broke one of my rules. For breaking my rules yet again, you need to be punished." Theres was then a strike across my face as I flew across the room. I didn't let a single sound or tear come from me. I wasn't going to let this get any satisfaction. I slowly tried getting back up, but as right as I got onto my feet I felt a pain on my stomach. I grabbed in and could feel the blood running down in.

For the next few minutes I was beaten to the point that it wasn't hurting anymore. Soon I could tell the was getting bored, because I felt nothing.

"Now, the next time you try a stunt like that it will be a lot worse for you." I could then feel her heels click on the pavement of the ground as she left the room. I then heard the gate close behind her and I was left alone. I got up off the ground and tended to my wounds. I rested me head against the wall as I sat there trying to block the pain in my brain as I relocated my shoulder. 

As I fixed myself I questioned how I even got here in the first place. I don't remember how I was taken from my home by this evil witch. Since I got here I was treated like . I was their test subject to find what they call the "Power". I have many scars from surgery and every time I try to fight back I'm beaten like with what just happened.

I laughed to my stupidity. I must have been an idiot child to have gotten taken by her. I don't remember my family or anyone before this life. I felt a tear run down my face as sat in the room. It was cold and dark. A small bed was in the corner and a toilet in the other. The only thing I could enjoy was the barred window the showed me the sun and moon. The only thing keeping me calm.

I got up and made my way to my bed fell into it. I looked over to my wall that was covered in tally marks. It's been 12 years since I got here from the tallys I've had marked on the wall, and I've counted every single day since. I slowly sat up in my bed not wanting to damage anything else. I took a rock off the floor and drew another tally on the wall.

"Happy Birthday to me." I laid back down into my bed and closed my eyes. The only thing these people let me know is my birthday and my name. I wanted to know more, but from what they do to me keeps my mouth shut. For now, all I wanted was for dream land to take me away. After a few minutes before that happened something bright shined behind my eyelids. I slowly opened them and blocked the bright rays with my good arm. I slowly got off the bed wondering what the hell was going on. I slowly approached the warmth that the light brought out.I closed my eyes enjoying the glow. I then let the light absorb me, or should I say I absorbed the light.

I opened my eyes and felt amazing. I then looked down at myself to see that I was completely healed. My eyes widened as I slowly rotated my arm into a circular motion. I smiled my first genuine smile in a while as I tested out my body. I felt re-energized and for some reason felt stronger. Without knowing what I was doing I raised my had to the barred window to my cell and with a twist of my hand the bars bent out of the way. My eyes widened as I approached my new way out. I looked back to my cell where I spent the past 12 years and then jumped out of the window. 

I'm still not sure what has happened to me, nor did I know where I was.

Though for one thing was certain, I wasn't going to lose this chance of escaping. I didn't know if there were cameras or guards outside. Without realizing it, I looked down at my hands and something told me that I needed to just snap my fingers and I would be away. 

That's exactly what I did.

Smoke then surrounded me and before I knew it I was in a completely different place that I did not recognize. The jump from place to place was surprisingly draining and I fell onto my bottom. Knowing I was away I felt myself relax for the first time. I felt tears start to fall down my face, and it wasn't from sadness.

"Hello, are you ok?" I didn't realize it was raining until I looked up at the stranger and water had fallen into my eyes. I quickly wiped the water away and looked up again after making sure to shield my eyes. There was a person standing under and umbrella, and at first I thought she was a boy.

She wasn't though.

She moved her umbrella over me and her and crouched down in front of me. I quickly scooted back by how close she had gotten to me, because usually people approaching me would never be good. Her face went from shocked to concerned real quickly. She put her hands up to show she meant no harm and for some reason I believed her.

"My names Amber. What is your name?" She asked me.

".......I....I don't know......" I replied.

"Do you know where you are?" She continued to question with a concerned look on her face. I shook my head letting her know that I didn't.

"Ok, do you have anyone I can contact or where you are from so I can help you get home?" She asked again, and your mind wnt to back to the cell and the evil .

"No, no, no, not back there." I told her.

"Ok, don't worry. Would you want to come back with me? I can get you some food and better clothes." I sat there and looked down at the worn out sweats and t-shirt I was wearing. There was nothing on my feet and to be honest I don't remember the last time I changed my clothes. I stayed looking down at my feet not knowing what to do. While I was in my own world I felt something being placed on my head. I looked up to see that Amber placed her hat on my head. She had a smile on her face and her patted my head.

"Since you're bald I didn't want your head to get too cold." When she patted my head my mind zoned out to me sitting on a bed. I looked young and some warm being was patting my head. I enjoyed it and I didn't want it to stop, but I was brought out of my fictional reality when I felt someone grab my hand. I opened my eyes to Amber's warm hand in mine, and for some reason I knew I could trust her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to our home!" Amber helped me through the front door of her home. It was very nice, and it felt really homey. I stood still and examined my surroundings. There was a nice living room when entering into the home and I could sop a kitchen in the back.

"Come, I'll show you to a shower." She held my hand as she brought me throughout the house. I passed pictures on the wall and I could spot Amber in the pictures and other girls with her.

"Those are my sisters. They also live here, but they aren't home right now. I'll introduce you to them when they get home." I nodded in understanding as she continued leading me towards the bathroom. We reached a door and she led us in.

"This is my room. Or for now our room. I'll get an extra bed put in for you. For now the bathroom is through there, and.......hey are you ok?" She looked over at me as tears fell down my face. I let out silent sobs as she approached me and brought me into a hug.

"You're so nice. I'm just not used to it." I told her.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I don't really want to talk about it." I looked down at my shoes in discomfort and intertwined my hands together. I head Amber let out a little chuckle and I felt her hand rub the top of my head.

"It's ok. Why don't you take a shower and I'll cook you up something to eat." Amber led me to the bathroom and taught me how everything worked. She laid out some clothes for me and got a fluffy towel for me to use.

"I'll be downstairs if you need anything. Just yell and I'll come!" She waved as she shut the bathroom door behind her. I looked over to the glass shower where the water was poring like a waterfall from the ceiling. I slowly stripped myself of my clothing and hoped in the shower. Once the war water hit my tense body, I immediately relaxed.

I stood under the water for a long while until I started washing myself. I used products, even though I had no hair. Those bastards that captured me kept my hair shaved. Easier to do tests that way. I just couldn't wait to grow it back out. After collecting my thoughts I turned off the shower and stepped through the glass door. I got dressed in some baggy sweats and a giant t-shirt. Amber also left me a beanie to cover my head. It made me smile thinking about how considerate she is. After I got dressed I left the bathroom, and tried to remember my way back to the kitchen. When I almost made it there I head voices speaking and stopped at the new voice.

"You think it's her?" The new voice spoke.

"Yeah, I think so." I recognized Amber's voice.

"How can you be so sure?" 

"Victoria, she's the same age as the girl they lost. She eyebrows are so blonde that they are almost white, and her eyes are so blue, that I feel like I'm flying in the clear blue sky." Amber said.

"Hmmm. Should we tell the guys?" The girl Victoria asked.

"I feel like that would be a good idea, but lets give her a little time. It seems she doesn't remember her life before she was taken. Whoever took her did a number on her and I think if the guys came now it would be very overwhelming on her." Amber said.

"Alright." At that moment I decided to let myself come out. I started walking their way and Amber noticed me.

"Man, what a shower can do to people!" She laughed as she walked over to me. She grabbed my hand and walked me over to the kitchen island. The new girl stood in the kitchen and was staring strait at me.

"Vic, it's not nice to stare." Amber laughed. At that Victoria's face turned a shade of red as she looked away. She quickly bowed in embarrassment and that made Amber laugh again.

"Hello, I'm Victoria. I'm one of Amber's sisters." She looked back up at me and I bowed my head in respect.

"Oh! It totally forgot to give you a name! That is, if you don't mind" Amber walked back over to Victoria and helped her finish the food. I quickly looked down at my hands in my lap and played with them out of nervousness.

"Uh...I, um..... I don't mind." I spoke quietly. When I didn't hear a reply I slowly looked up to see Amber and Victoria giving my sad smiles. 

"Ok, well how about I just give you a nickname until you can remember?" Amber asked. I nodded in approval. She thought for a moment and I could tell she was going through a list of names that she knew in her head. It was a couple more minutes until a giant smile turned up on her face.

"I got it! I'll call you Gem! Because your eyes sparkle like a beautiful stone!" Victoria laughed and made Amber scowl at her.

"I like it." I said to her. Immediately Amber's face brightened up and Victoria shrugged as she started serving the food. The rest of the evening consisted of us eating and talking. I found out that the other two sisters are out of town, and that they all run a company together. Victoria then started talking about her boyfriend which Amber started making fun of. It was a nice evening and soon Amber was helping me get into the bed she had set up in her room. 

"Hopefully tomorrow you will remember everything! I also might be able to help you remember things!" Amber said as she sat on my bed. I was currently laying on it, and I then realized how tired I was. Amber wished me a 'goodnight' before she left the room. I then drifted off to dream land where I dreamt of a tree.