Chen

Mr. Bunny, Please take off your Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever wondered why was Chen always this loud? It was because of his insecurities. Sure, he might looked confident outside but he actually doubt himself a lot.

Chen once said, "My ideal type is someone who is like a sister, someone that would take good care of me." Viewers thought that his ideal type was common but actually, there's a different meaning in it. The whole meaning of his ideal type was, he wanted to find someone who would take care and encourage him when he's at a bad state. 

Well, it would be a lie if Chen said that he didn't date before. He dated, obviously. But, the girls whom he dated was always clingy, hot-tempered and selfish. Which was why he was getting tired of dating anyone. 

This was Chen until he met Suho. 

 

It was already night and getting cold outside. Most of the managers, coordinators had left the company and went back to their homes. The dance rooms were unusually quiet because no one was there as it was a day off for everyone. Chen had decided not to waste his time lazing around in the dorm so, he decided to practice and strengthen his vocals. "Do... re... mi..." He did some warming up before he proceeded. 

To be honest, Chen didn't know what to sing. 

A song from their recent album? Or a song from their previous albums? Or maybe his song from his favorite artist? That's when he decided to sing his favorite song - Sunday Morning by Maroon 5. After warming up his voice, Chen held a deep breath before he started to sing. It was just an instant, Chen's beautiful voice filled the whole room as his unique tone color surrounded it. He was immersed in his singing and he enjoyed it, very much.

Chen exhaled when he finally finished.

"Your voice is so clear and piercing." Baekhyun complimented. 

Chen frowned and turned around upon hearing Baekhyun's voice. "Are you trying to be sarcastic or what?" Chen hissed. 

"I'm complimenting you." Baekhyun groaned. 

Chen sighed and said, "Whatever..." He crossed his arms and added, "What are you doing here?" 

Baekhyun grinned and narrowed the distance between him and Chen. He answered, "I thought that you might miss me so, I came here to see you~" Chen couldn't help but laugh at Baekhyun because he was amused. "Seriously, stop laughing. I really do miss you, okay? Everyone is so busy sleeping and I had no one..." Baekhyun whined as he pink lips formed into a small pout. 

"How about Chanyeol? I don't think he should be sleeping by now." Chen asked. 

Hearing that from Chen, Baekhyun let out a groan. "He is watching a movie with Kyungsoo." He replied. 

Chen raised his eyebrows and asked, "Why don't you watch it with them?" 

Baekhyun groaned again but, he got a smack from Chen because his groan was too annoying. He hissed from the pain and then continued, "It was the same old movie... it is so boring." 

Chen sighed and said, "Fine, I'll stay with you." 

"Really?!" Baekhyun jumped as his eyes sparkled. 

"Ya... since I'm quite lonely too haha." Chen said as he laughed. He scratched the back of his head as his lips formed into a wide grin. He was actually flustered by what he said to Baekhyun. 

"So... what are we going to do?" Baekhyun asked. 

Chen looked at Baekhyun, and then he said, "I don't know? Practice our singing?" 

Baekhyun whined and grabbed Chen by his shoulders. Chen wrinkled his nose and stared at Baekhyun, who was shaking him now. "Baekhyun, can you please stop shaking me?" Chen asked. Baekhyun groaned and let go of Chen. The moment he let go, Chen gripped the chair that was beside him to balance his body. He shut his eyes and opened it again, feeling dizzy. "Gosh, everything's spinning." Chen hissed as he covered his eyes with his hand. 

"Oops, my bad." Baekhyun chuckled. 

"Do you want to sing or do you want to do something el-" 

"LET'S GO HAVE SOME SUPPER!" Baekhyun exclaimed happily. Upon hearing that, Chen took out his wallet. He looked down and realized that he had forgotten to put some cash inside. He lowered his head in a dejected manner and sighed. "What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked. Chen glanced upwards and showed Baekhyun his thin and empty wallet. 

Baekhyun stayed quiet for awhile and patted around his pants. "Sorry Dae, I forgot mine as well." He laughed sheepishly when he didn't bring his wallet out. Chen let out a small laugh and nudged Baekhyun with his elbow. Baekhyun laughed as well and said jokingly, "We are destined for each other." 

"Sorry but, I wouldn't want my other half to be you." Chen replied in a joking manner. 

The both of them stared at each other, and broke into laughter. 

"So what are we going to do now? I'm actually quite hungry to be honest." Chen said as he touched his growling stomach. After all, he didn't have his lunch and dinner because he was occupied by singing. "Let's just beg Kyungsoo for some food." Chen said. 

Baekhyun coughed and said, "I suggest that you keep quiet unless you want him to kill you." 

*GLARES*

Chen shivered from the thought of D.O shooting him deadly glares. He then sighed, "I guess I just have to fill myself with crackers again..." 

"WAIT! I just remembered something!" Baekhyun screamed. 

"Remember what?" Chen said in a soulless tone. 

"I know where we can get free food!" Baekhyun chuckled as he dragged Chen along with him.

 

"Why is he not home?! URGHHHH" Baekhyun sobbed as he kept slamming the doorbell button. Chen facepalmed at the sight of Baekhyun and felt the second-hand embarrassment. He pulled Baekhyun back and told him to chill. 

Chen said, "It's fine Baekhyun. Let's not bother our neighbour." 

"Where's your usual spirit? You are not acting like yourself today?" Baekhyun asked. 

"I'm drained from all the singing." Chen answered. "I actually wanted to sleep." He added. 

"Ah...then, let's just go home." Baekhyun pouted and left the spot that he was standing on just now. He was not disappointed by Chen's low spirit because he just wanted to get an excuse to see their neighbour, Suho. 

"Oh? Ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter