THIRTEENTH

Wild Flower

Seo sibling visited their father. Hyunwoo found a lot of small paper cut on the bedside table,"dad..what’s this for? need help, maybe?" he asked, not sure what his father was doing. Mr. Seo wasn’t aware of the presence of his two sons and continued to carry on his work.

Changkyun stepped closer and saw that his father was naming all the objects around him. "Woah, you’re so awesomely cool dad! Working alone, huh? I'm sure you’re exhausted, let us help you" he gave him thumbs-up and smiled.

"done! See, isn’t it great? I couldn’t remember what it was so I gave it tags" Mr. Seo smiled proudly at his handwork.

Mr. Seo showed his homemade knitted hat and gave it to his sons,"it’s cold out there. Make sure your head always warm, okay? I want to go out" Hyunwoo was smiling, but deep inside was hurt, knowing his father condition got worse each day. That day was very sunny and warm, Hyunwoo felt seriously sorry ‘cause he couldn’t always accompany his father.

Changkyun went out to see the view outside the room with his father. "Well, take daddy out. I'm going to buy drinks first" he covered his dad with blanket.

Changkyun kept joking as he pushed his father's wheelchairs. Feeing stiff he stretched out his hand and breathe in,"so refreshing. Isn’t it fun, dad?". He saw his father and asked him to follow his movements. Mr. Seo smiled at what his son did and tried to stretch, but Changkyun laughed out loud because his father didn’t really doing it. Mr. Seo also laughed, "your father's body began to frezee..caused by the cold wind here .." Changkyun smiled and put his knitted hat to his father.

"sorry dad, I always create problems and make you worry for unimportant things. From now on, I, Seo Changkyun will not do stupid things. I'll make you and Hyunwoo hyung proud! Salute!". He pushed the wheelchair towards the fountain in the hospital's garden, remained standing behind his father, they enjoyed the surrounding scenery.

"son, what you did wasn’t stupid things. I'm proud of you..don’t be sick, keep doing stupid things if you called it that way, but be wise. Always get along with your brother and get new friends. Forgive me ‘cause I can’t be always with you" Changkyun shocked by the serious conversation that was going on. He just smiled and kept seeing the sights, "so your son is a  foolish but wise man? Haha..fine Mr. Seo! I’m the one who should apologize. You’ve done everything for me. Thank you very much, dad".

The best smile he ever had, Mr. Seo began to feel faint and blurred vision. "Be yourself, son. Always become that nice person" Changkyun laughed at his father. "ofcourse I always been a good person. Don’t worry dad, this is your son! Dad, I feel hot these days even the wind is hard. Do you want me to take your blanket?" he waited for his dad answer, but there is no response at all. Changkyun looked at his dad’s hand, worried took over him, he checked his father. Positive thought, his father was tired.

"dad, You seems tired, I’ll help you with your coat, let’s go inside okay? Dad,  it’s not a time for joking..wake up.." he tried for the nth time still there was no response,"dad, wake up. You shouldn’t be like this. I will be better, huh? Wake up please.." Changkyun bowed his head in his dad’s lap. Hyunwoo brought drinks and food, his smile disappeared instantly. Why is he crying? Impossible. Everything is gonna be alright. Hyunwoo couldn’t withstand the pain anymore, the tears were the response of his pain.