0.005; jongyu

Colors of the Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


Jonghyun was finally done with his concerts and was flying back home the next day. He had a quiet night to himself- which was very much needed- but as the night progressed, being alone got really lonely. He twirled his drink and finished it in one shot before setting the glass aside on the bedside table. He grabbed his phone before sinking back into bed, this time pulling the comforter all the way up. He opened up his gallery and set up a slideshow on his phone and connected the phone screen through the Bluetooth to the tv screen. He turned and shifted until he found the perfect position to watch the slideshow properly.

He sighed fondly, smiling as he watched the photos come and go. His eyes drooped soon and he dropped into a peaceful slumber, thinking about the moments captured in the pictures he had been looking at.
 

 

 

 

Watching slideshows until he fell asleep was a very common thing Jonghyun did. Hence, when his manager stepped into his room early next morning to help pack for their flight, he wasn’t one bit freaked out to see photos of Jonghyun’s boyfriend spinning and fading on the tv screen. He instead sighed and plugged the poor phone to the charger before shaking Jonghyun by the arm.

There wasn’t much to pack, actually. They were ready to go within half an hour, which was a good thing because they were boarding within 2 hours. It gave them enough time to grab some breakfast and take the scenic route to the airport.

Jonghyun was still a little hazy. He had drunk a fair amount last night and he had quite a headache.

They reached the airport, checked in, passed the customs. While they were walking to the terminal, his manager sighed, “You have no work till next month after this photoshoot. You guys can finally go on a date.”

Jonghyun smiled slightly, “Yeah.”

He was really excited, despite how unenthusiastic he probably seemed right now. It was the hangover that was keeping his excitement within seams. He really wanted to sleep it off so he could properly plan something.

“Why don’t you just stay at Jinki’s for a while, then?”

Jonghyun nodded, mentally noting down the suggestion to think about it later.

They finally reached the terminal, and Jonghyun furrowed his brows on reading the name of the airlines. “You changed the flight?”

The manager hummed, “This one was earlier so I switched ‘em…gotta avoid the fans for this schedule. The company doesn’t wanna disclose about the photoshoot before the launch date is set.”

“Ok. Do you know who the pilot is?” Jonghyun asked, already knowing his question was in vain.

The manager chuckled, “They never tell you that, now do they.”

“The chance’s slim, anyways,” Jonghyun yawned, looking to his phone and swiping to his messages, “There are, like 200 flights active for this airline. 1/200. 0.005. 0.5% That’s the probability of him being on this flight.”

“As good as zero.” The manager sighed and Jonghyun sighed as well, reading the simple calculation Jinki had sent a while back another time before locking his phone screen.
 

 


Jinki and Jonghyun had met through a collegiate event and had become fast friends despite how different they were academically. They hung out quite often and Jonghyun was elated whenever Jinki said yes to his plans or would contact him with his own. He had a crush on him from the start and as they spent their free days together, he had grown quite fond of him. They studied together often, because both of them preferred to study alone, but not just quite…they preferred company but not the kind that would hinder them from concentrating at times…like those few classmates who troubled you often with doubts and such and tried to leech off you. When they didn’t have to study, they finished up chores at each other’s dorms and later either ate out or cooked at home, putting a DVD on. That was it- nothing quite special, just two friends who were comfortable and understanding of each other, two friends who trusted and helped each other out. But, Jonghyun had always wanted to be more than friends, wanted to sit a little closer to Jinki, wanted to hold his hand, wanted to do a lot of things with Jinki, things that were special.

Everything changed the day he was scouted. It was the chance he had been waiting for all his life and Jinki knew that too. Jonghyun wanted to speak his heart before he left, know what Jinki thought about it, make sure if the chance was worth taking at all. It was then he had realized how bad he wanted Jinki to be in his life.

But Jinki seemed happier than him and kept urging him to take it.

And Jonghyun, afraid that he would spoil this friendship, this happiness, decided not to break it and took it.

They stayed in touch after he had moved to become a trainee, but after Jinki graduated and got into flight training, it became difficult. Their contact information changed and them being more apart and busy, didn’t help.

Four years later, they met at a hotel by chance. Jonghyun was checking out and Jinki had just walked in with a small bag. One look at Jinki and Jonghyun was breathless. He had grown handsome, his smile was more charming…and the pilot uniform…looked really good on him. In those five minutes they chatted, Jonghyun had bravely asked for his number.

And so they had started talking again. It was mostly through messaging until Jinki called him. Then their interaction furthered into video calling. They usually video-called each other when either of them was doing chores. It wasn’t exactly the same, but it returned warmth to Jonghyun’s heart. Jinki would be advising him a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter