Silences; jongyu

Colors of the Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinki was huddled in his blanket with a book he had been wanting to read for a long time, occasionally looking out the window, watching the passersby snuggled in their coats and woolens, walking against the chilly air. They were lucky that this winter, they weren’t out working. Their schedules had simmered down now and they had managed to get a few days off by pushing their schedules forward. It had been hectic but it was worth it if it meant they’d get a few days completely off. Without wasting a minute of it, everyone had already left by yesterday evening; they had either gone home or out of the country for a short vacation...well, except Jonghyun and him.

Jinki had planned to go home and spend all of his off days there, but his family was out of town partially for business reasons, partially for visiting his other relatives and wouldn’t be back until he’d have only a weekend of his vacation left. So he had set those last 3 days aside for his family and had decided to just laze around in the dorm, doing those little things he hadn’t been able to in a long time, like reading this particular book, until he could come up with something better.

Jonghyun had been out until late last night because of his radio show and hence couldn’t have fled like the other three. Jinki had heard him stumbling into the dorm around 3 A.M and had assumed that he was just gonna sleep in and then go home later today. It was almost noon and Jinki was expecting Jonghyun’s fluffy little head to pop at his ajar door any moment to say goodbye.

But, honestly, he wished Jonghyun stayed.

They hardly got such time when it was only the two of them.

But Jinki couldn’t ask him to stay.

They hadn’t been very close from the start. That was normal. They had their differences, they had their quarrels, days of cold wars, and slowly they began to warm up to each other. The fights had already exposed all their ugly sides, the way they thought and how they felt about each other. They were their truest selves when they were with each other, not caring if a comment was too harsh or too cheesy; they had gotten to know each other so well in the whole time they had spent struggling to match, to adjust...that now they knew exactly how the other might react for most of the times. They had come a long way, from quarreling to joking around with each other. From being irritated at each other’s sight to enjoying each other’s company.

But it was the cold silence they had shared that had given Jinki the best moments of their bond. Those cold s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter