Chapter One

Flower Petals

  A/N: So at the beginning of each chapter I like to post what song I am listening to as I start it. So that will be a thing.  Also, the photo is what I picture Baekhyun to look like in this moment in time. I hope you like the chapter!

Chapter song. SHINee- Lucifer

      I let out a sigh of relief as I stepped outside, the cool spring air automatically hitting me in the face. Spring was my favorite time of the year, the flowers were in bloom and everything was coming alive. I'd much rather spend my time outside, but being a college student, that wasn't very likely to happen. From Seven in the morning till two in the afternoon I am trapped inside the walls of the college I am attending. Music was my second favorite thing, name an instrument and I can at least keep a tune with it. It happens to be what I'm studying at this school, music and acting. I quite liked school, I just wished it was held outdoors. Inside it was far too stuffy, I can barely concentrate.

   I glanced down at my phone, swearing softly before I picked up my pace, dodging people on the side walk as I ran. I was always at the park exactly at two fifteen, I was never late but today I was caught up in my thoughts. By the time I got there I was huffing, trying to catch my breath, my hands on my knees as I bent at the hips. "You're late today." The familiar voice spoke up, making me smile as I straightened out, brushing the dark hair from my eyes. "I'm two minutes late, Halmoni*." I defended as I sat my bag on the bench next to her before dropping myself into the grass, sprawling out on my back. Okay so, she's not my actual grandmother, She's someone's but she isn't mine. I met her one day last summer sitting here in the park. I remember it because I was so taken off by it, I hadn't expected her to come sit by me or even attempt to talk to me. Most people in the park left me alone, not because I look scary or anything, I'm honestly the total opposite. They usually wave or give a friendly nod, but I'm always doing homework so I guess they decide not to bother me, but she was different, definitely a Halmoni.

        "Here you go, sweetheart." I heard a voice say, snapping me out of my focus on my school work. I was laying on my stomach in the small clearing I spent everyday in. The voice slightly scared me, catching me off guard. I looked up to meet eyes with a kind older woman, in her hands was a bag and an orange juice. "You should eat while you're studying, it helps keep you concentrated." She told me as she held out the food items. She was sweet, thinking about a stranger that way. "Thank you." I spoke as I stood, bowing to her before taking the things from her. I watched as she sat down on the bench behind me. "Are you out here often?" She asked, her dark eyes looking over to me. It wasn't until I sat down on the ground that I noticed her small dog. He came hopping into my lap almost instantly, making me laugh. "Yes I am, everyday after school, so around half past two." I informed her, opening up the bag and biting into one of the soft sweets.

   She has came and sat with with me everyday since then. During winter season I was out here, not as long as usual but I couldn't bear to study inside. My roommate and best friend, Kai, thought I was insane for sitting outside in the winter. But I couldn't keep myself hulled up inside, I just couldn't. Halmoni brought me a snack everyday and finally, one day I asked her what I could give her in return and she just smiled at me and motioned at my guitar. "Play me a song, I'd love to hear you play." And from that day on, I would play for her. "What song today, Halmoni?" I asked as I pulled my guitar out of my case, glancing up at her. She usually always gave me the same answer. It was her favorite, she told me it was the song her and her husband had danced too at their wedding. It always made her tear up, but she smiled anyways. "Young lovers." She smiled, nodding at me as I toyed with my guitar, making sure it was in tune. I knew that would be the song, I had studied the words and the tune of the song quite a lot since she first spoke of it and everytime I play it she tells me how well I did and how I was improving.


    She sang along softly as I began playing the song. It was always sweet to hear her sing, her eyes closed as she swayed getly to the music. Sometimes we would get a small crowd, listening to the two of us. I didn't mind, I liked the practice and I liked her company. I often caught myself humming the song throughout the day as well. It was catchy and sweet. "jeolm-eun yeon-in son-eul jabgo gyeongloleul geodgo. meolli uliui nag-won-i ulileul buleugo issseubnida. gil-eun ganghago balam-i simhaljilado ulineun seololeul wihaeiss-eul geos-ibnida. nunbolaga nan huedo son-eul jabgo ttatteushan salang-eul nanubnida. i sesang-eseo modeun geos-eul ilh-eo beoliji man naneun hangsang neowa hamkke hal geos-ida. jeolm-eun yeon-in son-eul jabgo gyeongloleul geodgo. meolli uliui nag-won-i ulileul buleugo issseubnida*..." She clapped once I finished the song, a smile b on her cheek as she wiped away her tears. "You've gotten much better, it makes my day everytime I hear you play." She praised, crossing her hands in her lap. "You remind me of my husband, he loved to play guitar and he was funny too." She sighed, leaning her head back a bit to look at the sky. "Maybe he is the reason I met you, he knew you'd bring some joy into my old life." She laughed, lifting herself from the bench and picking up the small dog. "Would you like to come with me to visit him?" She asked. I had always wanted to ask her if I could pay my respects, but I never wanted to bother her or be disrespectful, so I was quite delighted when she offered. I stood up after putting my guitar away, gathered my school work and hoisted my book bag over my shoulders; guitar case in hand. She was such a kind and gentle woman, I wanted to thank her husband for allowing me to come into her life, even though she made me miss my own grandmother, but now I had her, maybe I should thank my grandmother as well.

 

 

 

 

*Halmoni is Korean for Grandmother
*Lyrics to the song in English( No copyright infringement intended.): "Young lovers holding hand in hand, walking down a path. Far away our paradise is calling us. Even if the path is and the wind is strong, we will be there for each other. Even in a snow storm, we will hold hands and share our warm love. Even if I lose everything in this world, I will always stay with you. Young lovers holding hand in hand, walking down a path. Far away our paradise is calling us."