You again

Strangers love

“Cheers!”

 

Woobin sighed as he turned the glass before him around, watching the brown-ish liquor inside the crystal container. He would say he was a fan of drinking, well actually it was probably the one thing he did almost daily but he didn’t drink with other’s.

 

Sitting around a table with ten or so people who all offered to pour him a drink and was constantly trying to talk to him was tiring, so damn tiring. Not to mention that most of them worked under him and was constantly trying to get on his good side, complimenting him on everything he said. He had sat down at the far end of the table, trying his best to show them he wasn’t interesting in small talk.

 

He let his eyes sweep over the room, stopping on a couple of girls sitting two tables away. All of them were dressed in short black dresses that left little to the imagination and there faces heavily painted with a thick layer of makeup. Woobin may not be much of a romantic but he was still young and even though he wasn’t a playboy he could still admire the woman body. He hadn’t had a serious relationship in seven years and he wasn’t looking for anything serious but he had had a few flights along the way.

 

One of the girls stood up and Woobin quickly averted his eyes, looking towards the stage by the far wall instead. Just as his eyes fell on the stage someone walked up, sitting himself before the piano and started playing. Even though it was a bit dim in the room Woobin immediately recognized the person playing the instrument, Jongsuk.

 

As soon as he realised who it was all his attention moved towards the stage, no longer having any interested in what the people beside him was saying. He had to admit that Jongsuk wasn’t a bad piano player, actually he was really good. Not moving his eyes from the stage Woobin took up his glass, swirling the liquor around a bit before taking a sip.

 

Unknowing to the CEO Jongsuk had noticed him as soon as he stepped on stage, a sly smile spreading over his face. He wouldn’t lie, he did find the tall, dark haired man quite attractive but Jongsuk was about 101% sure Woobin was straight. Like just the thought of being with another man made him sick kind of straight, to bad. Jongsuk had never been in a serious relationship, he had his fair share of flings and one night stands but he had never meet someone he had been serious about and he didn’t think he would ever do.

 

After an hour or so Jongsuk watched as the people sitting with Woobin stood up to leave but the said man didn’t follow them, left alone by the table as his friend’s left. During the rest of the evening Jongsuk could feel Woobin’s eyes watching him, even when a couple of girls joined the man for a while his eyes still glanced at Jongsuk from time to time.

 

When Jongsuk finally ended his shift and another person walked up on stage he quickly made his way towards Woobin who still sat alone by his table, looking down on the empty glass in his hand. On his way Jongsuk grabbed a bottle and a glass from the bar before sitting down beside Woobin.

 

“Well, fancy meeting you here.” Jongsuk smiled, opening the bottle to fill the two glasses now on the table.

“Same.” Woobin smiled, raising his now full glass towards the other. “I have to admit, you’re quite the piano player.”

Jongsuk smiled widely, his head slightly leaning to the side. “Thank you.”

 

“You play here often?” Woobin asked, leaning back into the armchair and crossing his legs apparently oblivious to the other’s gaze.

“Every Friday.” Jongsuk answered, his gaze on Woobin’s long legs. “What are you doing here?” Jongsuk quickly looking up at the other’s face after asking the question.

“Just drinking with some colleagues.” Woobin answered, setting down his glass with a sigh.

“You prefer drinking alone?” Jongsuk asked, taking up his own glass. “I can leave if you want.”

Woobin quickly shook his head. “It’s fine, i don’t mind.”

 

Jongsuk leaned back with a smile on his face. “I know it’s hard not to love me.”

“Oh shut up.” Woobin laughed slightly, shaking his head.

“Ah.. no fun.” Jongsuk sighed. “So.. did everything do well with the paper thingy?”

“Yeah yeah.” Woobin nodded. “It went just fine, thank’s to you that is.”

“Well that’s good.” Jongsuk answered with a smile. “I hate to think that my efforts was all in vain”

 

A comfortable silence fell between the two as they both leaned back, looking around the big room. Jongsuk’s eyes landed on the woman currently sitting playing the piano on stage whilst Woobin’s eyes landed on the man before him. Jongsuk’s hair was neatly flattened and he was about 99% sure he saw eyeliner around his eyes. Makeup wasn’t something Woobin could ever think looked good on a man but he must confess the little detail wasn’t really bad looking when it came to Jongsuk, neither where the simple white T-shirt as it turned out.

 

Jongsuk must have noticed his stairs because he quickly turned around, there eyes meeting for a second before Woobin looked away, slightly embarrassed about being caught staring.

“You know a picture will last longer.” He heard Jongsuk say and as he looked up he found the other smirking at him.

“Shut up.” Woobin smirked back. “Stop being so full of yourself.”

 

“Aww.. but it’s just the truth.” Jongsuk smiled before standing up. “I need to be up early tomorrow so i’ll leave first, it was nice seeing you again Woobin-ah.”

“Yeah, likewise.” Woobin nodded, looking after the other as he walked through the door.

 

He must admit it was something fascinating about Jongsuk, usually the people that approached him would have a motive behind it. Money, fame or recognition. But Jongsuk seemed like he wasn’t really after something, even though Woobin wasn’t one to judge hastily he felt calm in the other’s presence, like he could breath out and just be himself. It was a nice break from his usual life, always having to watch what you say and who you are. He knew it was very unlikely he would randomly run into the other again it still gave him some hope in his future to know people like that was out there.




Jongsuk sighed as he walked down the street, the chilly evening air biting his skin and sending shivers down his spine. Even though the sun shone all day the evening’s were somehow always cold, especially when he had to walk home. Trying to shield himself from the cool wind ruffling his hair Jongsuk pulled his jacket closer and tightened his red scarf so it hid all of his neck and bottom face.  

 

He had totally lost track of time and missed his bus, the next not coming in another two hours he decided to walk instead which he regretted now as he thought he would literally freeze to death. It was in these moments he really wished he had a car, or at least a motorcycle as it would make the trip faster but unfortunately he didn’t have that kind of money and he strongly doubted he ever would.

 

He found himself wondering how Woobin would get home since the other had a lot to drink he doubted he would drive himself but Jongsuk wouldn’t get it past him to have a personal driver or something. It would be nice to have, just pressing a button and someone would come and pick you up in a fancy car and drive you wherever you want to go. That would be the life wouldn’t it. He knew Woobin must have put in a lot of late hours and hard work for whatever job he was currently working at and Jongsuk had high respect for the other.


Jongsuk swore loudly when he felt the first drop of water fall onto his face, soon followed by many more as time went on caused Jongsuk to speed up, praying that his clothes wouldn’t get ruined by the rain.

 

 

 

 

 

Author notes

 

Hello people!

Just wanted to thank you all for subscribing and for the upvotes, if you haven't upvoted the story please do it! It means a lot!

I hope you keep supporting this story and have a wonderful day!

 

-Paperwaves