Of Lavender

So Freaking Bwootiful (Beautiful)

You see, I have a degree. Don’t ask me my major because I’m not going to tell you.

But I work as an ice-cream maker.

Why I work as Ice-cream maker?

Well, let me tell you why.

One fateful day, I was walking down the road. Contemplating my future and work prospect. Thinking hard what to do and how my life will be. As usual of someone that just got their scroll of degree.

I don’t know how to handle my life. My parents just put me here so that I will be independent. If they think Korea is the right place, so be it. I have been here after my high school anyway. So I think, starting my life here would be great idea.

So I sat down on a park bench. Watching people stroll in the park leisurely as if they don’t have anything to worry about. Then, I saw a girl holding a bouquet of lavender.

“Korea has lavender?” I talk to myself. Come to think of it, I like lavender. Their smell of course. Divine. Their colour. Gorgeous. So being a curious cat myself, I stare at the girl in not so discreet way. The girl looks back with a puzzled look. I asked “Sorry, just wanted to ask where you got those?” and give her my charming smile. “Down the street” she retorts back. I said my thank you and walked away immediately. I wonder why I was so intrigued to find the place that sells that lavender.

Okay, I was stupid. I did not ask for the shop name. It may be a garden, or even an old grandmother. “Oh sorry” I bowed as I hit a person while blaming my stupidity. I also bend down to pick up the item dropped on the floor. “LAVENDER!” I screamed at the person. The other guy just looked at me surprised. “Where?” he quickly pointed to my back. I turned. I thought I must have found an oasis. Only oasis is in the desert.

I walked in. “Smells like heaven” I said out loud and only to have few people stare at me like I was crazy. The shop was decorated to look like a garden. Magnificent. The owner must be a great interior designer or have a lot of cash.

As I was strolling in my new found haven, I was interrupted. “May I help you, sir?” come a manly voice. I turned to a very tall man and he looks a bit Italian. “Errm, are you the owner?” he stares at me hard. I almost ran away when he asked me why. I said “Just to say the place is beautiful and I would like a big bouquet of lavender”.

He turns around to a counter. “Wait here please, your order will be up. Anything more to add?” he asks me. “To my beautiful love. From, Nichkhun” I simply answers. Then the guy just went in to a room. So I sat there watching all these beautiful flowers. While doing so, I mumbled to myself. “so beautiful. How did these lavender grow anyway?. They smell good too. I would love to smell this the whole day. How did that man work here anyway? I’m jealous.”

“Sir?” come a soft voice. I was jerked back to reality.

“Yes…..” I lost my voice.

Oh my god!

The beautiful creature blushed. I just lost my soul.

“I’m sure I’m not a god, especially yours” he said.

‘Wait, did I said oh my god out loud?’

“I mean, ehmm.. Im just surprised” not very good comeback.

“Hi” I said. “Hi, Chansung said you asked for me?”

‘Chansung, who?’ I must have look confused.

“My worker, you said you asked for the owner of the shop”

“Im the owner”

My whole world just turned slow. I just met a very beautiful creature or human. Is it even human?

“Oh.. er.. Hi, my name is Nichkhun” trying to get a name of the creature.

“Wooyoung” he said while shaking my hand.

“Why are you so soft” I asked to his hand to which he answers “Because I touch flowers everyday” while he giggled.

“Mr. Nichkhun?” come that manly voice again. “Yes?”

“Here, a big bouquet of lavender to your beautiful love” while he eyed our still linked hands. “Oh Chansung, great work” my wooyoung let go of my hand. “Thank you Chansung” he simply dismiss his worker. Chansung walks off while his eyes are on me.

“Don’t mind him, he is kind. Just a bit scary to some” he said while lifting the bouquet. “So, to your beautiful love. Lucky girl” he looks at me with a monotonous face. “Just for my sister, she loves lavender” I tried explaining myself.

“We can send it to her, if you want?” he offers.

“I don’t think you do delivery to her place” I offer a small smile.

“We send flowers everywhere” he insists.

“I don’t think its good to send the flowers to her cemetery, I should do it myself. Its not that far from here” I said in one breath.

“I’m sorry” while the colour in his face leave him.

“It’s okay. Thank you for the flower” I paid for it and walk out.

One of the other reasons I stay was, my sister is here.