Nights At The Bar

Love On Fire: ONE SHOTS

(Continuation from: Days At The Beach )

 

 

Nights at the Bar

Wonwoo and Jennie

 

 

Loud music started covering Wonwoo’s senses when he opened the door to the bar where Jennie went. She’s not getting better from the breakup but instead she’s gotten worst. This is the third time she went out by herself to go at the bar and drink. He’s afraid that she’ll turn herself into an alcoholic. And every time she goes, he followed. He’s only giving her space because he knows that it would be hard for her to talk about it but he also knew that sooner or later he has to do something about her behavior.


He sat 2 seats away from Jennie at the counter and ordered himself a glass of scotch. He continues to watch his subject who was oblivious about his presence. He shook his head when Jennie started laughing all to herself.


“When is this going to end?” He sighed.


Wonwoo wondered how and when did Jennie met this guy. And what did he do for her to turn out this way. Funny he never thought Jennie was that kind of girl who’d go crazy over a heartbreak. Come to think of it, he never really saw this side of her which is vulnerable.


Then Wonwoo realized something. He asked himself why he’s doing this. Is it because he’s obliged to, or perhaps because of the promise he made with Namjoon? Both ideas confused him. It doesn’t give him much validity.


He turned to her direction and found her ordering her third glass of margarita.


“Aigoo…how much is she going to drink this time?” He asked himself. Wonwoo thought that he could’ve stopped this from happening if only he became a good friend to her.


But does he really want to be just a friend to her?


Wonwoo took the scotch straight up and called the bartender.


“One more please.” He ordered. “And put her tabs on me. You know the drill.” He winked. The bartender nodded. Because he and Jen have been in this bar for three consecutive nights, people there already knew him.


It was getting late and Wonwoo was getting bored. Usually he waits for her until she’s passed out. He checked his watch and she’s still up and drinking.


Damn, she’s really turning into an expert drinker.


He was on his 9th scotch when he saw three boys go around Jennie.


“So…what’s a chic like you doing in here drinking alone?” A guy with the leather jacket asked Jen.
. He isn’t dressed up for a fight tonight. These guys are obviously frat guys. Because like boys, they’re international.


“Oh hello there!” Jennie answered dizzily. She was very much intoxicated and Wonwoo got up from his seat with worry.


“You want to hang out with us?” The blonde one said nudging Jen’s chin.

“Sorry, she’s with me.” Wonwoo almost growled. He snatched Jennie’s hand and pulled her away from those men.


“Hey! I want to minnnngle!” She complained cutely.


“You can mingle all you want, just not with boys.” He hissed at her. She just stared at him like he’s the most bizarre creature on earth. Then her face broke into a grin.


“You’re really handsome Oppa.” She giggles as she playfully hits his chest.


“What the hell?” He muttered bluntly to himself. Old flirty Jendeukie’s back and he’s not sure if he likes it given the situation.


He was dragging Jennie with him when a guy from the counter called him over.


“Hey brother!”


Wonwoo didn’t want to cause trouble and he just ignored them. But the guy got to his pace and blocked his way.


“We’re not yet done talking with yer lady. And I think it’s rude to walk out without saying goodbye eh mate?”


Wonwoo smirked and he rubbed his chin in amusement. He didn’t want a scene but if this guy looks for trouble right now he will definitely get it.


“I don’t think you get it mate.” He mimicked the way the blonde guy said the word. “She belongs to me and she’s my responsibility. So let me ask you this once… get out of my way.”


Wonwoo brought his left hand in front and turned the titanium ring on his pinky finger. He saw the recognition of it on the guy’s face. The guy froze for a second but maintained composure. His friends were stunned and their worried reactions showed.


“You think I’ll get scared because of your fraternity ring?”


“You want to test me?” Wonwoo challenged keeping a strong glare at the man in front of him. He can also feel Jennie’s stare at him. She doesn’t know and he won’t ever tell.


“You know about this ring…then I assume you’re from another group. Are you from The Circle? Or perhaps Sigma? Ah no, of course...leather jackets, neck tattoos…you’re surely from Pikes.”He laughed confident about his English. It’s a good thing Vernon’s tutoring works on him.


“You want to know how it is for alphas? I can show you first hand if you want a piece of it? What do you say?” He smirked.


The guy gave up and stepped out of his way.


But before they can walk passed him, he heard the guy say:


“Typical alpha attitude. All talk and no action. What a pu-”


Wonwoo beat him up and knocked him down with a highkick before the blonde guy finishes his insult..


Jennie finally snapped out of daze and she dragged Wonwoo out of the bar before he can cause any serious damages.

 

 

 

 

“Are you alright?” Wonwoo asked Jen who was shocked at what just happened.


“Yeah. You?”


“I’m good.”


“What was that all about? Y-you’re a frat guy now?”


“Okay whatever you heard back there it’s better if you didn’t know. Come on.” He pulled her to his black classic café racer. Jennie let it slide and decided to drop the subject sensing that it might be dangerous to get involved.


“You want me to ride that thing?” She asked taking in the view of the black motorbike.


“What would you rather ride? You want to go with those mofos?”


“I’m not pr…I’m wearing a skirt!” She retorted like he was dumb for not noticing.


“Honey, there are no cars or cabs passing by at this hour. Here’s my steed. Take it or leave it.” His patience was running out. He brushed his hair to the back and faced Jennie.


He took his coat off and tied it around her waist. He didn’t flinched when he found her face just inches away from him and neither did she.


“Will you hold me?” She asked him her eyes getting teary.


“Trust me. I won’t let you go.” He answered.

 


Wonwoo drove his motorcycle back to the mansion with Jennie sitting in front of him. If this was before he’d probably make fun of her but its different now with both of them. Things have changed and as much as he wanted to make everything like before, he can’t because both of them grew up. They turned out to be strangers to each other.


They reached the mansion in less than an hour. Wonwoo helped Jennie get off from the vehicle. When the awkwardness finally sinked into him, he headed first to the door.


“Wonwooyah…can I ask you something?” She said a bit hesitantly making Wonwoo stop on his tracks.


“Do you think I’m worth it?” She asked desperately and Wonwoo felt pained when he saw her sob like a lost girl.


He took a step closer and cupped her face.


“That guy was stupid to let you go because to me you’re worth is not enough to have everything. You’re more than that.” He talked to her while staring into her eyes.


He just realized that he cared for her more than he should.


“Forget about him. From now on you’re not allowed to look at other boys or think about other boys but me. Remember, I’m your fiancé.”


Jennie finally smiled and wiped her tears. “Fine. But you know how I am before right? If you want me to only look at you then prepare for the consequences.” She smirked.


“What do you mean consequences?”


“Sure we’re still engaged and all. But you have to prove to me that I can trust you. If not, I’ll continue to make your life a living hell. That’s your consequence and that’s for killing our friendship.” She said pushing her finger on his chest.


It was quite a night and despite the pain, Jennie was thankful that Wonwoo was there to pick her up. Maybe her breakup was a blessing in disguise after all.


She tiptoed and gave him a peck on the lips. “That’s for tonight.”


“Goodnight Wonwooyah.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

This one is a major give away to Season 2. LOL. And I might be putting that one on Wattpad...

I hope this answers your question from the recent chapter of Love On Fire. Yey I get to update! I love it when I update and I love it when I see new comments haha.

Til next chap guys 😊