Autumn Sky

Love On Fire: ONE SHOTS

Autumn Sky

 

 

 

Since he was a kid, Yoongi always thought he’s average. He’s never been competitive about anything until he discovered his talents. Like most of his friends, he grew up practically having everything. His parents own a company for automobiles and as the youngest son; he’s expected to do the same as his older brother.

He had a normal childhood and he has always made sure to follow the rules.

Until one autumn afternoon, he met this girl who will change everything.

 

 

Hana Lee was the mysterious girl in school. She’s that girl who has the looks of a hallyu actress but the personality of a gangster. She doesn’t have many friends but she has a small company of people who’s as intriguing as her.

He always viewed her as a dangerous girl and he’s not one to make friends with people let alone girls. But that did not stop him from thinking that she’s beautiful. That one fact was impossible to miss.

All of it started in P.E. class. If there’s one thing in school Yoongi truly enjoys, it’s definitely basketball. When they were little, he and his brother used to bond over the sport. It’s like whenever they play together, nothing seems to go wrong and that there weren’t any responsibilities to take care of. It was the good old days before his brother take over the company. From then on, they weren’t become as close as before.

“PASS PASS!!!”

He looked over to one of his teammate who was struggling with a rebound. It looks like this friend was passing the ball to his other teammate who was running to him. In the middle of the air ball he saw that it wouldn’t land on his friend’s hands but on the girl who was obliviously walking right at the exact position. Because he was the one who saw this, he unconsciously decided to play hero and save the girl from being hit.

They both fell on the ground.

He saw Hana’s eyes widened in shock when she realized what he just did.

“YA, won’t you look at where you’re going!” He scolded at her.

She just stared at him still processing their situation. Then he gets up and dusts off his shirt like it disgusts him to be close to her. He looked at her and saw her still lying on the floor.

“Hey, do really want to die?”

At 16 years old, Suga can be really infuriating.

Hana finally gets up and fixes her hoodie. Suga watches her as she gets something from her pocket.

“You ask me if I want to die? Let me ask you that question tough guy.” She said pulling a gun from her pocket and aiming it on his head. Their classmates ran away and Suga’s friends begged her to spare his life.

From that moment on, he knew he won’t be able to forget someone like her. It was a good thing too that the gun was a toy. And because of what Hana did, she earned herself 1 week detention. What Suga finds odd is that it’s like she’s looking forward for it.

That same day, he left his class a little later than his friends. He stayed up longer because he didn’t want to go home yet. The mansion doesn’t feel anything like home at all. If only there’s a better way to kill time than sleep, he’d go for it. He’ll do anything not to go home. If only Jungkook lives closer…or Jin, he’d probably sleep over a lot. His friends here are busy with advance classes and he’s too lazy to join them.

He was walking towards the south wing when he heard someone playing Chopin’s Nocturne 9. He wasn’t a big fan of the piano, he can play alright, but he knows his favorite classical pieces when he hears it. He walks closer to the room and that’s where he found her. There’s just something about talented girls that’s attractive to him.

And for the first time in his life, he made an effort to make friends with a girl.

 

 

 

He and Hana’s relationship developed in his senior year in high school. That was the time he realized that he wanted her more than just a friend. He remembered confessing his feelings to her at the cathedral where they go to mass on Sundays. He felt like he couldn’t be any happier that day when he learned that her feelings were the same.

His days with Hana were the days he wished he could have again. But then, as his feelings for her deepened, so was his dream to be a musician.

 

“I always like to play this melody…” Hana said while she plays the piano and he was there sitting beside her.

It was one of those afternoons where they do nothing but play the piano. Aside from doing the usual dates, this one was their favorite.

He watches her with respect and admiration. He wrapped his arms around her and they played the melody together. He saw her smile as they play their favorite instrument. He could just wish the moment would last forever.

“Thank you.” He whispered resting his head on her shoulder.

“Why are you being extra soft today? It’s not like you to be this clingy.” She smiled her eye smile to him.

“Must be my friend’s influence.” He said thinking about Jimin. “Well, I don’t always have the guts to do skinship. Plus, being with you makes me feel like I’m in the middle of a dream. Like…I’m scared of waking up. Do you know what I mean?”

She nodded. “I don’t want this to end. Even though you can be really unbearable, I’d still prefer you.” This made him laugh.

And just like Suga, she’s also afraid of losing him especially now that he’s going to Seoul for college. “I’ll miss you a lot.”

He smirked and kissed her temples.

 

 

 

Their long distance relationship wasn’t easy as they thought it would be. At first, they made sure to see each other once or twice a week. But there were a lot of things happening in both of their lives that it’s difficult for them to communicate. For Suga, it was his career path and his family’s objection against it. And for Hana, it’s her medical condition.

It came to a point that they can no longer talk about anything. They start to keep things from each other because they thought they’re only protecting themselves, but it ended up giving them a lot of distance.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yoongi-ah…we need to talk. It’s long overdue.” Hana crossed her arms again and her wrists showed him of white bandages.

Suga looked back at Jennie who was gesturing her hands to go on with Hana.

“Yeah, let’s talk.”

 

 

 

 

They were walking along the bridge over looking a river. Hana doesn’t know where to start, heck she doesn’t know what to say to him.

“Why?”

She heard him talk. She looked back at him and saw him looking at the river.

“It still doesn’t make sense to me. I knew it was partly my fault. But…it still haunts me that you can let me go like that after saying to me that you love me…”

She leaned on the railings and stood beside him making sure that she’s at least a foot away.

“I think we both k at long distance relationships.”

Suga looked at her and after a long time, he still thinks she’s the prettiest.

They were silent for a while just staring at the wide river. They were also aware that Mark and Jennie were not that far away from where they are.

“I now you’ve been dealing with your parents’ attitude towards your music ever since you told me that you’re taking it as a major.” She started. “Music gave you life and it gave you edge. It practically defines you and I’m really glad I was the one who influenced you with that.”

“You didn’t tell me you’re having problems but you don’t have to because I know. I visited you one time in your house in Seoul but the servant there told me that you’re not going home anymore because your parents banned you and took your allowance.”

Suga couldn’t believe what she’s telling him. And he realized that she knew he’s been lying to her all the time.

“I chose to understand you. Maybe you don’t want me to know because you don’t want me to worry. So I took that as a sign. If you’re going to lie to me…then I might as well do the same.”

“I told you I was okay. I lied. I told you I was happy, it was a lie again. I told you I go to college…it was another lie.”

Suga couldn’t take it anymore and faced her wanting to hear more. “What? No, you- you’re parents, you were doing fine, you were top of your clas-”

Hana shook her head. “I realized we’re both growing apart and the only thing that keeping us together was the happy memories. But it wasn’t enough. I had to give you up. Because I know I’ll just drag you down…and I’ll just be burden.”

Suga felt a tear escape from his eyes.

“I can’t play the piano anymore.” She smiled sadly remembering how she worked hard only to find out she has symptoms for carpal tunnel. She just got operated recently that’s why she still has the bandages. It was difficult for her to accept that she can no longer be that girl Min Yoongi fell for. It hurt her pride and she doesn’t want him to be there just because he pities her.

 

 

He hugged her from the back and held her tight.

“You’re an idiot! You're a big fool you know that Hana!”

“Let go of me!” She laughs while tears keep coming down her face.

“Jennie’s probably celebrating right now. Look at you cry.”

“This isn’t the right time to be funny!”

 

A few minutes pass by and he was still hugging her.

“MIN YOONGI!!! We still have classes tomorrow!”

 

He heard Jennie called.

“You have to let me go.” Hana whispered and he shook his head. “I’m glad you came back, whatever the circumstances may be. It’s probably a sign.”

 

“Come with me.” He suggested.

Hana untangled his arms and faced him. “I can’t. I’m really happy now. I promise.” She smiled. “I have a life here and I’m happy to be able to teach music to little kids.”

Suga nods. “Okay, but promise me you’ll pick up the phone…or else I’ll hunt you down.”

“Promise.” She said smiling cutely at him.

 

 

 

They finally went with Jennie and Mark who was waiting for them by the bench. Suga frowned when he saw her nose.

“Did you cry?” He asked.

“She d-” – Mark.

“What?! No, why would I, I just had a runny nose that’s all.” She said blowing her nose and dismissing him.

She cried. Especially when Mark told her what really happened between her friend and his friend.

 

Hana and Mark walked them by the bus stop and Jennie already went up the bus but Suga stayed for a minute to say goodbye.

“I’m glad you’re finally on your way to reach your dreams.” She said proud of him.

“It would have been better if your there living it with me.” He replied.

“Tch, go. I’ll be fine here.”

Suga was hesitating to go but before he does, he man up, cup her face and kiss her quickly.

“See you.” He said rushing up to the bus.

And just like that time in middle school when he saved her from the ball, she fell in love again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

Oh Suga Suga Suga, sweet sweet Suga.

He's at the top of his game being a producer and all that. I can't say anything but "OPPA SARANGAHE!!!"

Can I be your Miss Right! LOLOLOLOL

My friend would probably kill me if she finds out I'm swerving lanes to her bias and it's her birthday today ^_^

Happy Birthday Yeon Seul! Thanks because you haven't beaten me up since I admitted that I have a big crush on your bias hahaha.