Saved by Jinyoung

The Little Things (Oneshots)

 

The night air is cold, freezing actually. You’ve got your old gray sweater pulled on, but the new huge rip in it isn’t helping with the cold factor. You’re upset. It was your favorite sweater.

But you’re more upset about the state you’re in than the sweater. Dating your monster of a boyfriend was probably the worst decision you’ve ever made. Just the mere mention of breaking up and here you were, beaten to a pulp. Your lip is busted and you have bruises speckled along your jaw. You’re limping, hard, and praying that no one looks at you too close in the eye as you make your way down the street. All you want to do is get home and curl up into bed, and well, cry.

But it seems life has other plans, because when you get to the door of your apartment, the last person you wanted to see is waiting for you there. It’s your best friend in the entire world, Jung Jinyoung. And while seeing him any other day would make you squeal with joy, you would rather die than have him see you in the state you’re in at the moment.

He’s pounding on the door and calling your name when you come up behind him to go inside. He turns around at the sound of your footsteps. “Where have you been? You wouldn’t answer my calls and I-” He cuts off when he sees your face. “Oh my…who…what happened?” You push past him, ashamed, and unlock the door. He follows in after you.

“Did he hurt you?” When you hear the words, you crumble. You slump to the floor and start to sob, holding your head in your hands. Jinyoung rushes to your side and holds you close. “I’ll kill him, I’ll kill him, I’ll kill him.” You want to answer him but you’re simply too weak and too done to even know where to start. You let yourself cry for a while longer before drying your eyes. This is the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you, but you’re secretly grateful to be wrapped so safely in Jinyoung’s arms.

You’ve loved that boy ever since first grade, though you’ve never had the guts to tell him. Truthfully this last boyfriend was an attempt at making Jinyoung jealous. You had never regretted the decision more. And now that you had finally worked up the nerve to tell him that you loved him, you tried to breaking it off with your boyfriend. Boy, did that turn out wrong.

“Tell me now, did he hurt you? We’re going straight to the police, or I’m going to beat that lowlife into a pulp.” You shake your head quickly and wince at the pain.

“Don’t do that, I don’t want you to get hurt.” Your voice quivers as you finally speak. Jinyoung’s finger brushes under your chin and lifts up your eyes to meet his. His angelic face is even more beautiful just a few inches from your own. His eyes narrow as he takes in the bruises and split lip you’re sporting. You try to look away but he holds you still. “How could someone do this to you?” The pain in his voice is obvious and your heart pounds so hard it aches. Tears leak out of your eyes again and he brushes them away. God, this boy is driving you crazy.

Suddenly he stands, and grabbing you by the hand he pulls you to your feet. “We’re going to the police right now, I won’t have this happen to the girl I love...” He trails off at the end of his sentence and you freeze, your hand still locked in his.

“What did you say?” Your voice is quiet, disbelieving. Jinyoung looks around nervously. He starts to speak, but as if your body has suddenly been possessed, you tug on his hand and crush your lips against his own. The cut in your lip protests loudly but you ignore it and he responds slowly with a kiss of his own. Your heart is pounding so hard you think it might just leap out of your chest. His hand brushes against the back of your head as his lip traces your own. It brushes the cut and he pulls back as if being shocked. “Oh god, I’ve hurt you, please don’t hate me, I’m so sorry-” You cut him off with another short kiss before pulling away. “I love you,” you blurt. His eyes widen. “I love you so, so much. There. I said it.” Jinyoung is speechless as he stares at you in wonder. You take a deep breath before speaking again.

“I’ve always loved you, ever since we first met. You were always so sweet and kind and there for me whenever I need you. Every single step of my life. And I’m sorry I’ve waited so long to say this but I was too scared of losing you. To be honest, I was dating him to try and make you…” you coughed a little nervously at your confession, “jealous. Which is stupid I know, but I couldn’t help it. And today I tried to break up with him so that I could tell you this earnestly without him looming behind me and it ended like this.” You sigh, out of breath from the confession, and look up to meet him eyes nervously. He stares at you, no expression showing his emotions, leaving you in the dark. “Jinyoung? Say something please,” you beg.

Suddenly he grins and snatches up your lips again. This time it’s full of years of denying that you both loved each other so much. He rests his forehead against yours and laughs shakily. “You don’t know how amazing it is to hear you say that,” he says with a smile. You grin back.

“I promise we’ll go to the police tomorrow, but tonight, can you just…stay by my side and comfort me? I think I need you more than ever.” You blush furiously and stare and you feet. Jinyoung laughs again and hugs you close. “Trust me, I’ll never let you go after that confession. I hope you’re okay with being mine forever.” Tucked against his chest, you couldn’t imagine anything else.