Child's Play

First Child

Sehun wakes up to the ringing alarm of his phone, bright light shining his eyes, cold wind brushing by his expose limbs, and the smell of breakfast.

Wait—

Sehun eyes looks over next to him to only see nothing but crinkle sheets. He quickly got up, almost tripping as he runs down to the kitchen. Somewhere in his head just screams that having a kid in a place where fire can happen is a really, really bad thing. "Minseok!" He yells out as he stops at the corner of the kitchen, panting a bit from his running. Minseok, who seems to be cooking, flinches for a second before he looks over and blinks questionably at his uncle. "Yes uncle?" He replies back, turning his attention back to the eggs he's frying in the pan. Sehun looks up to see that Minseok's wearing a apron—supposedly Sehun's who doesn't even uses it at all—cooking up what seem like breakfast. "What are you doing?" Sehun ask as if it's not obviously shown. Minseok just carefully takes the pan off the hot stove and carefully using the chopstick to move the fried eggs to a plate. "Making breakfast, of course. Do you want pancakes with yours?" Minseok quickly turns off the stove and quickly washes the pan and places it in the dishwasher. Sehun can only blink. Does a seven-year-old suppose to know how to cook and clean? "Y-yeah, sure." Sehun mindlessly answers, still staring at the smaller.

Sehun helps Minseok bring out the two plate with their basic breakfast of eggs, pancakes, and bacon. "When did you wake up?" Sehun then ask, remembering that he didn't see Minseok in bed when he woken to the smell of food. "Somewhere around 7:00. It's already 7:29." Minseok answers, stuffing himself with the pancakes he made. Sehun mostly has early classes but today is the day he rests so he just relax back on the chair. "Did you made this all yourself?" Minseok nodded while munching on his food, cheeks puffing out like how hamsters would stuff themselves with nuts. It made Sehun had the urge to poke it. "How?" Sehun has amazement shown on his face. "Mommy taught me and I learn all by myself. Mommy says that you should learn how to take care of yourself when you grow older so she taught me how to cook breakfast and sometimes dinner." Minseok explains. Sehun was still in astonishment to how a kid can learn so early since Sehun himself only know basic cooking yet can't really cook anything without an extinguisher nearby. Taking a bite himself, it tasted great, maybe more great then instant food Sehun would buy and eat in the morning—no flavor in the food at all. "I'm sorry for using the ingredients in the kitchen cabinets. They looked new and unused so I took them and thought of using them to make breakfast for us." Minseok apologizes. Sehun only shake his head, "No, it's fine. I never really thought of using those things but I just thought of keeping them in case for when I can actually use them myself." Sehun says while eating.

When Sehun decides to look up, Minseok was staring at him so he send the smaller a raise brow. "Uncle needs to be more healthy. Your refrigerator is only fill with artificial food and it's not always good for uncle!" Minseok decide to speak out about it, sounding all concerning about Sehun. Hearing this, Minseok seem to really care about the older's health. "I see, thank you for telling me." Sehun says, continuing to eat until they're finish and had to clean the plate because Minseok says how unhygienic it was to leave them unclean for a while.

Minseok is a very, very clean kid.

But watching the smaller clean with the apron on seemed cute as Sehun thinks in his head. They finished, placing the plates in the dishwasher to let dry. Sehun walks to the living room, planning to watch some TV while he look back at the smaller. "Do you want to watch TV with me?" He asks but Minseok only shakes his head, "Sorry uncle but I got homework to finish before anything." He says, walking off back to his room. Minseok seems so much more responsible than how Sehun expected.

As time passes, Sehun's phone rang from his room so he quickly turns the TV off and ran to answer his phone. "Hello?" He answers as he puts it next to his right ear. "Hey! Are you free today?" A voice very familiar to Sehun asked. "Yeah, why?" Sehun replies with a question as he sat down on his bed. "I'm bored. Can I come over? Got nothing really better to do right now." The person replies. "So I'm the person you go to when you have nothing better to do and want to laze off on?" The person laughs on the other side at how blunt Sehun sounded when he answers. "Yeah, basically. Besides, you never minded me over." Being best friend with Sehun has its own advantages and excuses. "You always come over even without permission or needing to ask me anyway." Sehun remarks. He can somehow feel the smile on the person's face on the other side. "So I can? Okay! Be there very soon!" The person hangs up while Sehun didn't even get to complain. He groans in distress.

His friend is more painful to be around than any kid. To admit, his friend acts like a kid himself. Sehun can just feel the luck that had been given to him.

Sehun got up from his bed once again and decided to take a cold shower for a morning wake. He takes out his clothes and walk down to the bathroom, locking the door and begin to strip.

Minseok had been quietly working on his math homework in his room while humming some music to himself. Hearing a doorbell, he just sat still, remembering one of Sehun's rule of not opening the door for strangers in his head. The doorbell once again rang but Minseok just ignores it, again. But then it got quite annoying. It starts ringing five more times and Minseok couldn't even focus on his homework anymore. Of course he's not going to open the door, but he's going to see where uncle is since no one is answering the door. Minseok walk out of his room and walk down to the front door hallway. His uncle wasn't there nor was he in the kitchen when Minseok passed by. Not even in the living room. Maybe the bathroom? Minseok thinks since it may be the last place his uncle would be in. Minseok hears another doorbell and almost wanting to explode from hearing the annoying sound.

"Sehun? Are you in there?" A voice calls out from the other side of the door. If the person knows uncle's name, then they must be a friend? But Minseok promised to never open the door no matter what. All he could do was wait..

"Open the ing Door Sehun!"

Minseok gasp as he place his hands over his mouth. Minseok was taught to never use or listen to people who says bad and cuss words. As he just stands there frozen, Sehun rush to the hallway, seeing his nephew shocked standing there. "What's wrong Minseok?" Sehun ask, somewhat worry seeing how Minseok looks like something bad just happened. The smaller didn't answer anything but Sehun can understand why when he heard, "Open the ing door or I'll break it down myself!" Sehun calmly opens the door to see the fool's face that is now smiling but before the guy can even say a word, Sehun unexpectedly hit the man on the head, hard. "Ow! Hey! What was that for you piece of s—" Sehun muffle the guy mouth with his hand, "Can you just, not cuss right now? This is not the best time for your mouth to be yapping again." Sehun glares at the man who gives him a frighten look because Sehun is really scary when he glares. "Why?" The man ask when Sehun removes his hand. He looks down to see a little puff of hair behind Sehun's leg. "Because I don't want you to taint any kids mind right now." Now that he understood, the puff of hair reveals itself. Sehun moved over for Minseok to stand next to him, Sehun still giving a glare at the shocked man. "I'm so sorry! I didn't know! You didn't tell me that there's a kid here!" The man bow in apology. As he's still bowing Minseok decides to speak up, "Hyung should never use those bad words. Those words will give you bad luck forever!" Sehun nods in agreement with his nephew, "He's right, someone like you should know better, Baekhyun." The man who name's Baekhyun can only give a scoff look at Sehun.

As Baekhyun walks in, Sehun had kept Minseok by his side. "Who's this anyway?" Baekhyun ask when they walk into the living room, Sehun sitting down on his couch, watching Baekhyun kneeling down to Minseok's eye level. "I'm Minseok. It's nice to meet you, hyung." The child greets politely. Baekhyun smiles at the cute child, deciding to poke one of his cheeks. "Aw, aren't you cute. I'm Baekhyun-hyung." Baekhyun coos. Minseok just stood quiet, not minding the constant poking Baekhyun is doing. "Baekhyun, stop bothering him." Sehun finally spoke out as Baekhyun starts to squish Minseok's cheeks together, causing the child to create a fish face. "But he's so adorable!" Baekhyun squeals, "Why is he here with you though? Is he your son? I mean, he doesn't look like you nor does he have any similar traits to you but it's hard to believe that Oh Sehun would even have a kid in his house only if it may be his own kids if he even have one." Baekhyun starts to babble on nonsense. "He's a relative. He's my brother's son and I'll be watching him for a while. My brother is busy watching over his wife since she's in the hospital, lying sick right now." Sehun explains. Baekhyun then understands, starting to caress the smaller's cheeks. "I see. This gives me another reason to come over more often now." Baekhyun then starts to take Minseok's hands and swing them back in forth, Minseok kind of enjoying the little play. "Oh please don't. I don't want to actually take care of a little kid right now." Sehun groans out, making Baekhyun felt a bit insulted but it's Sehun, what does he expect.

Baekhyun and Sehun chatted over some small stuff that had happen around campus of the college the two goes to or some news one have heard while deciding to watch a movie. Minseok who's sitting on Baekhyun's lap since the male insisted, quietly watches the G-rated movie since they can't watch anything inappropriate with a innocent, seven-year-old with them. Minseok decides he can finish his homework tomorrow since he's almost done with the lessons and it would only take like five minutes to finish.

It has been a really quiet and relax day for Sehun which is rare since whenever Baekhyun would visit, there would be a lot of shouting, arguing, and dramas being shared around the house. But the male have been silent, quietly playing with Minseok's tiny little hands and chatting about the norms around campus, nothing dramatic or big of a news. It might've been because of Minseok's presence that Baekhyun acts all mature and quiet more than usual, Sehun thinks. And he knows that he's right.

It hits midnight before anyone knows it. Baekhyun had stayed over for dinner but after that, he left, assuring them that he'll go home safely since the apartment he lives in isn't very far. "Bye Baekhyun-hyung. Please go home safe and come again!" Minseok waves a good-bye at the male who also waves back. "I will Minseokkie! Don't miss me too much!" Baekhyun jokes as he starts to walk off. Sehun sighs seeing the moment, leaning on his door frame until he finally close the door. Minseok ran to the bathroom to brush his teeth and get ready for bed while Sehun also does the same thing.

As Sehun was changing into a new shirt to sleep in, he hears a knock from his closed doors. "uncle?" Minseok's voice came in quiet like always. "What is it?" Sehun replies back when he finally got his clothes off and on, opening the door to find his nephew with his toy in hand again. "Can I sleep with you again? I'm sorry for bothering you but I can't seem to sleep alone.." Minseok mumbles into his toy's fur. "Yeah, of course. I don't mind you sleeping here with me." Sehun says in a gentle voice. He doesn't really mind the smaller sleeping with him.

Sehun doesn't really want to admit this but Minseok sleeping with him felt kind of nice. Minseok's tiny and warm to hug at night which Sehun unconsciously does and he doesn't create any loud snores—mostly soft or quiet ones at most. Sehun would kind of like hugging something to sleep, and Minseok makes the perfect person to have next to him.

Minseok climbs onto the bed, pulling up the blanket to his waist while Sehun goes and turns off all the lights in the house. He walks back into his room to see Minseok already asleep on his bed and he sighs, looking at the relax face of Minseok when he sleeps. Sehun quickly turns off his own lights and carefully slip into the covers without waking or disturbing Minseok's sleep. He lies down, relaxing his muscles and like yesterday, wraps an arm around Minseok and closes his own eyes to sleep. 

Sehun kind of felt something warm. And the warmth is right next to him.


a/n: I'll be busy for this whole week so I won't be able to create more chapters. But I'll be back on break so be patient until later on notices.

(This have been a really quick chapter without scanning it for grammar problem or errors.)

Also, I've learn to cook when I was 7 y.o. but I'm not sure if it's a normal thing when I added it. I feel like it's normal.