School

First Child

Sehun's brother had called telling him about Minseok going to school tomorrow and if he can walk him there. Sehun agreed even though he had early class tomorrow, too. "His school's not very far so you have no worry about being late, I'm really grateful about this." Sehun had already says it wasn't a big problem with taking care of Minseok and he didn't mind anything. They talked for a bit more until Sehun had spotted the smaller sitting in the living room. "Minseok-ah, would you like to talk to your father?" The smaller flinch when he heard Sehun behind him but nonetheless nodded and took the taller's phone, talking with the person on the other side.

"Minseok-ah! How's my little boy been doing?" His father asked, "Fine, I've done all my homework. How's mommy and daddy?" The smaller ask the other. The son and father talked while Sehun excuses himself to not disrupt. He went to the kitchen to make himself some food to eat, maybe something simple like a sandwich.

The smaller went and find his uncle, giving back his phone which was still on. The two brother says their farewell and hanged up. All of the rest of the day wasn't much, they ate lunch and dinner, spend some time to themselves or some time together either watching movies or playing around since Sehun started suggesting to play hide-in-seek or tag. After all the activities, they went to sleep together, Minseok had already place his neatly folded clothes on a chair near the bed and his backpack on the floor, leaning on the chair. They both said good night to each other before they went to sleep in the dark night.

 

The next day, Minseok wore his clothes and two of his thin jackets, putting on his backpack as he went out to eat the breakfast Sehun had made for both. When they're finish, they quickly wash and put up the plates as they ran to the front door to put on their shoes. Minseok held onto Sehun's hand in his as they walk out of the house and down the street lane of Minseok's school. It wasn't as cold as yesterday but it was more of a good idea to wear two jackets with Minseok's condition.

The two chat a bit as they finally made it to the elementary school building. Minseok ran to the entrance, not forgetting to turn around and wave at his uncle before scurrying again to go inside. Sehun sighs seeing the smaller goes, feeling the quiet wind blowing by as he stand there for until Minseok finally disappear into the school, he then finally leaves to his college.

The first person Minseok sees when he enters his classroom was his best friend, Kyungsoo who also sits next to him. "Kyunggie!" Minseok runs over to hug him which he gladly also did. Kyungsoo was Minseok's first friend and it was special when they had kind of meant. They talked about what they had done through all the weeks, Minseok mostly mention his uncle, Sehun, who's taking care of him lately. The teacher had finally enter the class which meant that the whole class has to stay quiet as she begins to write down her lesson on the blackboard with the chalk.

"Today, we'll be doing a writing project. You pick a genre and choose what to write for it. It could be as long as you want, but I won't accept a short sentence writing as a return." She informs, adjusting her glasses. "Also, I'll be assigning you to a partner. Hopefully you'll get along with your buddy and I don't want to hear any complaints about changing partners later, alright." The whole class answer an okay. As she was about to speak again, the principal had entered abruptly, calling her out for a moment to discuss about something.

The students took the quick opportunity to turn to their friends and talked quietly so the teacher won't yell at them when she returns because they can hear her chatting with the principal outside the doors, the door being a bit on the thin side. 

She finally enters back into the class but not alone. There was someone behind her, following her and stood up front the class where everyone could hopefully see him. "Class, I want you to meet, Lu Han. He had transferred here from china so I hope you all welcome him in warmly since he might feel uncomfortable in a foreign country." She announce as the child next to her smiled to the whole class, causing some whispers around.

"A Chinese transferee?"

"He looks kinda cute."

"Do you think he can understand us?"

"Do you think he speak Korean or does he need help?"

Minseok had just been quiet, not really interested in the new transferee since they had a few already, but none was from another country like him. The boy up front then abruptly introduces himself even if he didn't need to. "It's nice to meet you all. I'm Lu Han and I hope to get along with everyone." He confidently says in Korean, sharing a shining smile. There as no miss, his pronunciation was closely to perfect Korean, sounding as if he's one himself except for the small accent.

The teacher then look around for an empty seat for him to sit and the only one was next to Minseok on the left. "Lu Han, I'll be having you sit there next to Minseok. Minseok, raise your hand please." Minseok raised his hand and Lu Han started excitedly walking down the row and sat right where the teacher assigned him.

Lu Han turns to Minseok with the still bright smile he still has on, "Hello! I hope to get along with you and be friends, Minseok-ah!" Minseok just quietly nods and turns his attention away from the boy to the blackboard up front, seemingly ignoring him which made Lu Han wonders if Minseok heard him or not. When he was about to talk again- "Alright class. Let's get back on track." The teacher then begins to call out names of two who were assigned to who as partners. Some were satisfied with who they were with while others were okay with it but not fully happy. It was Minseok's turn to be assign and the only one who didn't got assign yet was- "Since Lu Han is still new.. Minseok, you'll be partner up with him. Can you tell him what we're doing later?" Minseok nodded. He wanted to be with Kyungsoo but he didn't really minded to be assigned with someone else as long as they don't laze around making him being the only one who does it.

The lesson go on until it's finally break for the students to talk with their friends and the new kid. There was a big crowd surrounding the Chinese male. Some were asking Lu Han question and some were trying to chat with him. The ones who weren't really interested only rest at their tables or talk with their other friends. Kyungsoo and Minseok were chatting about the project and when everyone who was surrounding Lu Han finally decrease, Minseok walks up to him and told him the details about their little project that they had to do. Lu Han nods to everything as he was trying to change the topic and tries to chat with Minseok but only got the male to ignore him and continues on about the project.

For lunch, Minseok sat at his usual spot with Kyungsoo and a few other classmates that they frequently talk once or twice while Lu Han sat down at a crowded table where he seems to get in along well with everyone. As lunch was over, Lu Han came up to the smaller, making Minseok look up. "Hey Minseok-ah. While we're partners for our project, why don't we be friends? It'll make me feel a bit more comfortable than doing it as if we're just strangers who'll just finish something and never talk again." Lu Han says with little nervousness. Minseok can feel as if Lu Han's discomfort coming off of him so he nods his head. It's not bad to have more friends. Lu Han gave his usual shining smile like before.

Minseok walks with Lu Han down to their classroom instead of Kyungsoo who excuse himself to go talk with his partner. Minseok got to learn a few things about the Chinese male. Like how he moved here because his father got promoted, how he likes to play soccer and ask if Minseok would like to play with him which he agrees to, causing Lu Han to become very excited. They were just walking until Minseok got hit by a book which came out of no where. Lu Han panicked as he sees Minseok rubbing his face that looked red, maybe from the impact of the hard-covered book. In the distant, they can hear a "I'm so sorry!" As three guys ran over to apologize for throwing their books around the empty hallway which caused a smack to the face for Minseok and seemingly a bruise on his cheek.

"Minseok-ah! Do you need to go to the nurse?" Lu Han ask concern. Minseok only shakes his head, saying it's alright but Lu Han doesn't listen as he pull Minseok to the nurse office which's down the hall.

Mrs. Shin, the school nurse hears the door open as she turns around to see a child pulling in another child with a red face and a small bruise on his cheek.She quickly walks over and bring Minseok to one of the beds, telling him to sit as she scramble in her shelves for some ointment cream to heal up the bruise so it doesn't darken further. Not forgetting that there's another person in the room, "You must be the new transfer. You don't need to stay here. You can leave to your class if you would like."Mrs. Shin knowing almost all the student in the building since they always come running to her even in the smallest injuries. She had noted almost everyone in her head.

Lu Han doesn't seem like he'll be leaving any moment as he stood stubbornly there, staring at Minseok rubbing his aching cheek. Lu Han walks over to Minseok, looking at his face with concern. The nurse sigh, not even planning to repeat herself as she let's him stay. She fetched the ointment cream, walking over and kneeling to Minseok's eye level, having a small problem that Lu Han's taking up all the room. "Can you please move over a little bit, sweetie? I need to apply some medicine on his face so it can heal him." She says as she tries to scoot in. Lu Han only look at her with questioning eyes. "Him?" He ask. He looks back at Minseok for a split second as he turns back to face her. "But isn't Minseok-ah a girl?" Mrs. Shin wants to giggle at the shock face Lu Han's making when she shook her head. Minseok who's hearing all of this made a somewhat like crying noise. He felt like he's being insulted.

"Why would you think Minseok-ah is a girl? He has short hair though." She ask, curious of what he's going to say. Lu Han looks and point at Minseok, "Minseok looks pretty like a girl. I see most girl have short hair so I thought Minseok is one of those." Minseok wants to yell and cry at the boy. How can he be mistaken like that?

A few minute of talking and applying medicine on Minseok's face, the two left walking down the hallway with a pass in hand so hopefully the teacher won't get mad at them for being late. As they walk together, Lu Han abruptly apologizes. "Minseok-ah, I'm sorry for thinking you're a girl for the whole time since class." Minseok really wants to chide him but he didn't, only giving a shake of his head. It was silent between the two until Lu Han brings up something else. "Hey, since we have to do this project together, where do you want to meet up and do it? Like at a library or at home?" Minseok whisper a small reply of 'anywhere is fine as long as I can to get there' so Lu Han suggested maybe over at his house. It wasn't far from the school, closely to a twenty minute bus drive there. Minseok agreed, noting the address Lu Han tells him.

They made back to class, fortunately they didn't get in trouble as the teacher sees the pass and how Minseok's cheek is patched up with bandage. Class was normal and Minseok was glad that Lu Han stopped disturbing him as everyone was packing up to leave, the school bell ringing to announce that school hours are over. Minseok planned to walk out of the school with Kyungsoo but the male is no where to be found when he tries looking over everyone for his friend. Maybe Kyungsoo already left. But then when Minseok was thinking about leaving alone, Lu Han had approached him. "Minseok-ah, is your cheek better? Why do you look so glum?" He ask as he holds onto his backpack straps. Somehow, Lu Han's always the one to come up to Minseok and talk to him like he's the only person Lu Han really wants to talk to other than their classmates. "Oh, my cheeks doesn't hurt anymore and I was planning to walk with Kyungsoo but he had already left." Minseok replies, twiddling his thumbs. Lu Han suddenly takes Minseok's hand in his, "Then why don't we walk together?" He suggest and before Minseok gets to even give his answer, Lu Han's already pulling him out and down the hallway.

They walk out hand in hand, almost to the gate where the parents or guardians are waiting for them. Minseok had an urge to ask Lu Han something that he had been thinking about since they had left. "Lu Han, why do you try to talk to me more than our other classmates? Why do you want to be my friend?" The question was sudden as Lu Han looked over to face the smaller. All he did was smile, "I don't know. You just had something everyone else didn't." He reply a half, unclear answer. "You looked more interesting than everyone else. It's like trying to tell me to try and get to know you." Lu Han starts to blabber on what Minseok would say as nonsense. But truthfully, Minseok does enjoy Lu Han's company from the rest of the day. He was like a comfort for when Kyungsoo wasn't the one next to him. "Well, I like hanging out with you, Lu Han. Thank you for being my friend." Minseok tries to give a smile back, looking somewhat shy and cute to Lu Han.

Like a girl, the boy thinks in his head.

 

Sehun was waiting at the gateway, his class had already ended and his brother had once called him again to tell him to pick up Minseok at 5:30 which is why he's standing there, looking out for Minseok in a huge mob of little kids that Sehun doesn't want to come near him. Another thing though is that as he was waiting, some people were staring. Like the kids or a parent or anyone who's there really. He can hear some girls whispering to each other "Whoa, that hyung looks like a model." or "That guy looks hot." while giggling to each other. He's pretty sure that they're also checking him out. The parents or older siblings who came to pick up their kids were just plainly staring at him, not commenting anything. He doesn't know if he should be uncomfortable but he's sure glad that he had spotted Minseok with what Sehun thinks is the smaller's friend that is intertwining his hand with Minseok's. Maybe it's Kyungsoo, a friend Minseok had once mention to Sehun.

"uncle!" Minseok waves his hand out, walking a bit faster causing Lu Han to let go. Sehun smiled at the smaller who came and give him a quick hug. Lu Han, who's still walking behind Minseok stood beside the smaller while looking up to the taller later. "Are you Minseok-ah dad?" Lu Han ask but Minseok quickly replies the question as Sehun took a second to think of how he would be Minseok's father. They don't even look one bit alike. Even Baekhyun only mistaken that for a second. "This is my uncle. I live with him since my daddy has to be in the hospital with my mommy." Minseok explain. Lu Han gave an 'Oh' as he gave another look to Sehun and gave a quick bow. "Hello, Hyung. I'm Lu Han." He politely greeted. Feeling as if the kid was being too formal, "Ah, you don't have to be polite. Call me Sehun-hyung." Lu Han nodded as he turns to Minseok this time, "Remember to come over tomorrow so we can do the project together!" Lu Han reminds him. Minseok assure with an okay reply as he then takes Sehun's hand to hold it, ready to leave. Lu Han looks at it and unconsciously give a pout that Sehun notice. "Let's go uncle. Bye Lu Han." Minseok says as they begins to walk away from the Chinese male who waved back as he walk to a car parked in front of him.

The two got home with little chatters about their day or about anything news worthy to share, as they prepare dinner to eat. Minseok tells Sehun about the project and if the taller have the time to walk him there since he doesn't know streets and lanes names, making it hard to find the way without getting lost. "Of course." Sehun gives his reply as he took a bite of a piece of meat. After the meal, they took their individual showers, changing into their night clothes to get ready for sleep.


I wanted to be funny ;-;
I tried to add my own humor.
Also this isn't the part where the two don't like each other yet.
I'll check for errors another day. I'm tired.