Conditional Care

First Child

Two days

The weather had been getting more colder than usual. There was no snow, sadly, but the wind were strong and blowing furiously outside. Sehun had piled up all the blankets he had saved since November in his closet, taking out three thick layers of it out and lays it out on his bed. He huffs in a gulp of air, then jumped into the giant pile of warmth heaven. He was too busy cuddling into the blankets that now he thinks to himself, Where's his nephew?

He decides to get out of the pile to look where the child was since there's no noise coming out of anywhere in the house. "Achoo!" A sneeze resounded from Minseok's room along with a sniffle. Sehun walks to the room and peaks into the open door.

Minseok was lying on his bed, taking out another tissue from the tissue box that he had ask Sehun for. The little boy shivers, bringing up his blanket to cover all part of expose skin to the cold weather around. Today is the worse day for a cold weather since the air conditioning broke yesterday so the house is just filled with cold air. Minseok look as if he's been in the cold for weeks when it's only today that had been really cold. "Minseok?" Sehun spoke, making the kid flinch until he relax back to his blanket. "Y-yes uncle?" Minseok murmurs out, still shivering. Sehun walks over to the cold child and place a hand on the boy's forehead since Minseok's acting like he had caught a cold. He then place his hand on the boy's cheeks and hands, feeling it cold as ice. Sehun got worried, "Minseok, do you need medicine?" Sehun knows it's stupid to ask instead of doing it but he wants to make sure Minseok is really sick or is it just the cold effecting him. Minseok shakes his head, going back to shivering like before. "D-daddy says I-I need to s-stay in a warm p-place on c-cold days or I might h-have to go get a c-checkup." The child manage to stutters out. But it still confuse Sehun for what the child is saying.

So Sehun calls his brother who answers it right away. "Sehun? Did something wrong happen?" His brother voice sounding concern. "Yeah, I want to ask you about Minseok. He's freezing over here and I'm not sure if he caught a cold or something. Does Minse—" Before Sehun can finish talking, he can hear his brother panicked a bit when he then cuts in, "I forgot to mention to you that Minseok has hypothermia and you need to cover him up now. He can't stay cold for too long." His brother starts to explains to him everything he needed to do and as Sehun starts doing it, he panics. He never took care of a sick kid and the experience now just makes him more frantic and scared.

Sehun had carried the little body to his room and place him on his bed, bringing up all the blankets up to the child's body. "S-uncle?" Minseok eyes looked as if they were about to doze off to sleep. "Yes?" Sehun pants as he was running back and forth in the room, trying to think of a way to keep the room warm enough. Minseok gave him a weak smile that Sehun caught off guard. "Thank you f-for worrying about me." The child utters out as he then closes his eyes to go to sleep since he hasn't slept much last night due to Sehun having to call for someone to fix the air conditioning. He was still shivering but not as much as before and Sehun starts to calm down. He then remembers having a heater in the hallway closet so he decided to ran out of the room and opening the hallway closet in lightning speed, finding the old but usable heater, taking it out and running back to his room. He plugs it in, facing it to the small child and turn it to a medium heat.

He then lets all the breath he has been holding in out and relax his body by sitting on the floor, leaning on the bed while being near the heater. It took several minutes now that Minseok has stopped his shivers and relax his body fully letting it slump onto the bed. Sehun sighs out all the worry that was in his mind into the cold air. Sehun then felt a bit tired, his eyes burning from not blinking much so he closes his eyes, letting it rest for a bit.

 

"Sometimes, it's nice to be cuddling with you in the cold days for warmth." A fainted memory...

 

"Hmm.." Sehun mumbles around in his sleep until he finally opens his eyes, sight all blurry. He tries moving his hands up to rub them until he felt something soft. He looks down to see blankets, all the ones he had took out earlier. He then felt some weight from his right shoulder so he looked over to see a puff of black hair lying on his arm. His sight has been more clear as his eyes widen to see Minseok resting on him. Also shocked to seeing that the younger might've moved all the blankets down to warm the both of them up. He can only sigh out a breath, looking over to the still working heater and swiftly turns back to the smaller. Unconsciously, he Minseok's soft hair with his right hand, making the smaller squirm for a second before relaxing to the hand on his head. He's not awake, unlike Sehun who wonders what time the younger woke up to and how he didn't feel any of the movement the smaller might've done while he was snoozed asleep. 

Minseok's a good kid.. The words that Sehun had heard from his brother were swimming in his head. Minseok's not just good, but kind and sweet. Sehun may hate kids, but he can tolerate Minseok the most.

As he thinks inside his head, he felt the smaller starting to squirm again, but this time the smaller's waking up. "Morning uncle.." The child says dazed. Sehun can only gave a silent laugh, "It's not morning." He says as he look out the window to see the outside completely dark, "It's night time now. We have to go back to sleep again." The small child rubs his eyes and look at the time. '9:49 PM' It reads. Minseok just slump his head once again onto Sehun's arm, "Okay.." The boy mumble and did as Sehun had said which the taller didn't think the smaller would take him literally. He sighs and carefully pick up the child in his arm and place him gently on the bed which Minseok shivered to because the sheets felted a tad cold. Sehun then picked up all the blankets on the ground and lay them out, pulling it up to Minseok's shoulder as the child quietly slept.

He, himself also climbed into the bed when he had turn off the lights, snuggling into the blankets also. He looked over at the sleeping child for a few seconds before he closes his eyes. The night wasn't as cold as the morning anymore.


Hypothermia: When the body loses heat faster than how it can produce heat, causing a dangerously low body temperature.
Minseok doesn't really have this, hopefully. But doesn't it sound ironic on how his power's frost and he seem to always get cold easily?
I feel like this chapter seem to be a bit cheesy, yes? I was a bit rushed, don't give me that look.

Sorry that this one isn't long but I'm getting ready to fly to the U.S. and I don't have time to think enough materials for this and ideas are hard to think out so try to be patient. Also a spoiler, next chapter might be the one where Luhan will finally appear. Maybe.