First Time Seeing

First Child

Notice: Sehun's 18 y.o — Minseok's 7 y.o


Sehun was just lazing around on his couch as he just got home from college more early than usual and had a smile on his face since he doesn't have any work to do for the next two days which is all he need to relax all the stress of school projects he had to deal with. He turns on the TV and presses onto random channels until he finds one satisfying to watch. He quickly ran to the kitchen to take out some soda to drink and walk back to the living room to watch TV once again.

But as he was about to sit down on the fluffy seat, the doorbell rang.

He grunts, placing his drink down onto the coffee table as he walk to the front door. He opens it just to see his brother which is really strange since they barely even visit one another. But they do talk with one another on the phone to just make this less awkward now.

His brother smiles at him, "Long time no see?" Sehun can only nod in agreement, "Yes, but we do always keep in contact." He replies back. His brother also agreed and gave a light chuckle as Sehun offers him to come in and sit but his brother quickly shook his head. "I'm just here to ask you a small favor that you can help me with that is if you wish to accept." Sehun never says no to his brother when the man needed a helping hand so he nods to whatever the man needed help with. "You see.. My wife have gone a bit ill a few weeks back and she's in the hospital right now. The doctor told me it was not much but I can't just couldn't sit still about it. She pleaded me to come stay with her at the hospital since she has anxiety whenever she's in there. The doctor said it was alright for me.. But not for my son." His brother explains out the details in quick words. Sehun already understood where this is going. He wants to say no for the first time to his brother, but seeing the look on the man's face just won't let Sehun say it, making him choke on the word no in his throat.

Sehun had never ever liked kids and he never wants to have or take care of one. Not once have he looked at a child with adoration or coos at them for their childish cuteness. Sehun's mouth can only opens and closes, not sure of what to answer or say. "I know it's too much to ask, but can you please? I don't know how long but please, Sehun. Minseok's a good kid, he won't disturb you or anything, I promise. And if he do, call me and I'll talk to him." He pleads, his eyes showing the same. Sehun can feel sympathy for his brother so he sighs. "I guess it's fine. Your wife needs you so I'll.. Watch him for you." His voice sounded forced and strained but nonetheless genuine.

The man smiled, "Thank you Sehun, I owe you a lot." He bows in gratefulness. The man walks out to the car to get his son while Sehun slumps back onto his door, breathing out a huge gulp of breathe. He can feel a part of him slowly draining out colors.

 

"Now Minseok, remember what daddy told you." The man kneels, talking to his son. "Don't cause any trouble for your uncle, okay? Daddy have to watch after mommy since she's sick. I'm sorry that you can't come with me." The man apologizes, but the little boy just shook his head and smile adorably at his father, "It's alright daddy. Mommy needs daddy to take care of her to help her feel better, I promise daddy that I won't cause any trouble for uncle." The child says with his small, quiet voice.

"Thank you sweetie." The man hugs his son and gives a peck on the boy's cheek before looking back at his brother who's standing at in front of the door, watching the father and son moment. "Thank you again, Sehun for doing this for me." The man thanked once again. Sehun gave a small smile, "It's nothing. Hope she gets better." The man nods in agreement.

Minseok walks into his uncle's house, waving bye at his father who's departing back to his car. The car then starts to drive off. Sehun had closed the door, looking to see the child's head low. He kneels down to take a proper look of the child.

Truth to be said, Sehun had never really meant his nephew. He had only heard of him a few times from his brother, but never seen the boy. "Minseok?" Sehun calls out the name that he had remembered hearing. The boy looks up into the man's eyes. The boy seems to fidgets a bit, seemingly shy and a bit scared. "Y-yes, uncle?" He stutters a reply. Sehun wonders if he looked scary or is it just because Minseok have never meant him before that the boy showed a nervous expression on his face. "Do you know who I am?" Sehun ask what have been in his mind. The child only pauses, thinking. "Yes and no, I'm sorry uncle.." Minseok apologizes, "I only know you from daddy, but I don't know you." The child's words confused him a bit but he can understand what the child meant. "I see. Well, I'm your uncle, Sehun. You'll be staying over for until your mother gets better." He says, standing back up straight and looking down at the kid. Minseok nods his head, already knowing the small information. "I have a spare room for you to sleep in, follow me." Sehun says, started walking off to a hall along with the tiny boy following him.

As they walk together, Sehun decides to set some rules:

1. Don't cause a mess in the house

2. Don't disturb uncle while he works

3. Don't do anything without asking for permission

4. Don't break anything

5. Don't open the doors for ANYONE

The rules were basic and easy to follow so Minseok had no trouble following it. Sehun opens a bedroom door, "This room is yours for a while. Use it however you like except don't draw on the walls." Sehun instruct once again. Minseok walks in the room—all empty except for the bed and desk. Minseok walks over to the clean bed and place the backpack he had on, onto the bed. He walks back to Sehun to continue on explaining where everything is. When everything was pointed out, Minseok had went to get some clothes in his backpack and ask if he could use the showers. Sehun says yes, watching the child runs back to his room, having clothes in his hand and went to the showers which's near Sehun's bedroom.

Sehun went back to the living room where the TV was still on along with his drink on the coffee table. He took a sip of his soda and put the cap back on, planning to place it back in the fridge as he thinks of what him and Minseok should have for dinner. He turns off the TV as he walks into the kitchen.

Now, what do kids eat? Anything that is edible, Sehun thinks. He looks back into the fridge to find some kimchi leftovers his friend had made when the they had came and visited for a day or two. He took it out and heated it up while preparing rice and maybe some meat. A simple dinner as Sehun calls it.

Minseok had finish his shower, walking out in a blue sleep wear with little rabbits on it. His hair's still wet making his bangs hang in front of his face but didn't drip any water onto the floor which Sehun's glad for since he doesn't want to mop up any droplets that might have been left behind. Sehun told Minseok to sit down at the dining table and wait. Being the little obedient boy he is, he did as he was told.

Sehun brings out two bowls of rice and one plate of kimchi while the second plate has beef. They both ate in silence. Sehun observe the little boy, expecting to see some mess but Minseok ate cleanly, if there were a drop piece of food on the table, he would take a napkin and clean it right away before eating again. Sehun felt somewhat a small relief since he didn't want to clean up after the kid.

After the small, quick dinner, Minseok went to the bathroom to brush his teeth with the toothbrush and toothpaste that his father had packed for him when they had decided to take Minseok to a relative to stay with. Sehun went to change into a plain t-shirt along with his boxer, yawning out as he slump onto his bed. He had turned off every light in the house except the hallway lights since he thinks Minseok would wake up to use the bathroom or something. He turns his alarm on and slowly dozes off when he place his phone down onto the nightstand.

Hopefully the little child is fast asleep by now..

 

"Uncle.." Sehun can hear a faint voice behind him but he decides to ignore it. "Uncle.." The voice had spoken again, a bit more shaky and by the third time, Sehun decides that he couldn't sleep so he flip over to he side where the voice was coming from. His vision was a bit bleary but he can clearly see Minseok hugging a toy bear, looking up at him. Sehun can only furrows his brows to why the child's in his room. His mind can't seem to work since it's at rest so he questions the smaller, "Why're you up, boy?" His voice groggy and deeper than ever. Minseok seems to fidget with the bear in his hand as he tries to answer, "I-I can't sleep uncle.."

Minseok stuttered admits, "I'm scared, uncle.." Sehun can see how the boy body starts to shake. He place his left hand on the boys head and start to caress his hair, calming the smaller a bit which worked. "Shh.. Why are you scared?" Sehun slowly leans onto his right hand to look as if he's up and listening. "T-the dark is scary. The m-monsters are going to get me.." Minseok hiccups and Sehun starts to feel a bit panicked hearing the boy like he's about to cry. "I-I don't want to be alone, uncle. Mommy and Daddy isn't here to protect me." Minseok rubs his eyes, Sehun can clearing see now that Minseok's going to cry. "Shh, come here." Sehun nervously opens his arms and Minseok quickly jumps into the hug.

"Why don't you sleep with me tonight?" Sehun offers as he continuously pets the smaller's head while still hugging him gently. Minseok hesitate a nod. Sehun slowly scoots over for Minseok to slip into the bed with him. He places a hand over the smaller's waist while soothingly rub Minseok's back to calm him. The child tears dried up and he can see a small glint of the kid's smile. "Are you feeling better now?" Sehun coos out for the first time. Minseok nodded his head, "Thank you, uncle. You're so kind.." The soft voice says out and before Sehun can say anything else, the smaller's already deep in slumber by seconds. Sehun can only cough out a smile. The gentle features of Minseok's sleeping face seem to relax Sehun, wanting to admit how adorable the boy looked asleep. Sehun have also went back to what he was doing earlier, sleeping.

"Goodnight, Minseok." He whispers to the boy while closing his eyes slowly. When he thinks Minseok's asleep, he heard a quiet, "Goodnight uncle Hun."


After so many years of babysitting myself, I thought I could write this chapter easily.. But that didn't work out.

Should I rewrite this later? Maybe. Should I write the next chapter? Maybe on winter break, yes. Will I be absent for the next week? Yes.