ㅤㅤCHAPTER_FIVE.TXT✧

ㅤㅤFICTION? NOT ANYMORE! ✧ CHECK UPDATES!
A HEIST? A MEET-UP? WHAT-
hong seulbi holds onto her bagpack's straps, pupils trembling and her knees shaking. she could see that person from here and said person is alone, but she couldn't gather enough courage to go up to them and say hi. she'd always been a very social person, much like ddal, so how she is reacting now is new – even to her. it feels stupid now that she thinks about it. the person's familiar back, hair tied into a slick ponytail and the tell-tale sign of the basketball jersey evident in her bag just raises her anxiety more. 

should she go now? is this the right time?

to hell with it, she's going in. seulbi skips towards the girl, determined to greet her. what the girl said in the group chat leaves an impression on her, how she doesn't have a lot of friends from school. although seulbi isn't big on trying to have the best high school life ever, it is still crucial to her that you have friends from school. it's odd how someone so known and popular is so lonely inside. “hey, lim 19!” she said, voice loud and cheerful. her hand on the girl's bag and a smile on her face, seulbi hopes hwayeon wouldn't push her away and act as though they're strangers. she thinks they bonded enough on the group chat, now didn't they? 

hwayeon turns around, eyes wide with surprise written all over her face. as soon as seulbi's smiling face and petite figure greets her, she lets out a sigh of relief. “oh, hong seulbi!” she exclaims, as though she'd just seen seulbi for the first time. seulbi lets out a giggle, amused by the girl and nods. “hello, good morning! why are you here...?” hwayeon asks, but not disrespectfully. she seems confused but seulbi could see how delightful she is that someone said hi to her in the morning. this is what high school life is about, isn't it? well, according to manhwas.. that is. wait, manhwas! 

“ah, i was just saying hi. hey, do you have practice on recess today? you know the girls from the group chat, right? let's have lunch together!” did hong seulbi just arrange a meeting without letting the others know of it beforehand? yes, she just did. nari and naeul have lunch together, afterall, so it's not a problem. hwang nari could be a drawback but she'll just force her into joining it – it's not like she hasn't done that before. the others would be fine: seungjae isn't into conflicts and would probably follows through with everything. 

the problem is only hwang nari and she knows exactly how to deal with that. 

hwayeon blinks profusely at her, scratching her cheeks only because she doesn't know what to do with her hands. although she knows it could actually become the most awkward lunch session she'd ever been through, her heart swelled at the thought of making friends with the girls who would understand and relate on her manhwa boys problems. she'd been wanting to see naeul and seungjae, too, the two girls she isn't really familiar with. “i don't have practices, it's no longer... sports week so there are no matches. i would love to join you guys for lunch, though!” 

seulbi's cherubic, adorable face lights up instantly at her words. “you would? you would join us for lunch– the lim 19? really?” without waiting for her answer, seulbi reaches for her hands and grasps it tightly in her small ones, jumping up and down. incoherent words of gratitude flows out of with hwayeon only understanding half of what the girl had said. “i'll see you at lunch then, lim 19!” the smaller girl excitedly declares, letting go of hwayeon's hands with a grin on her face. hwayeon wonders what she's fed at home. are there anyone cuter than her in this world? no, i don't think so. hong seulbi then walks off towards the opposite wing where her class is situated and waves, even making cheeky finger gun motions to hwayeon, who laughs it off. 

lunch.
with five other girls who aren't in the basketball team. 

maybe having mercury around isn't going to be too bad on me, she thought, a smile finally grazing her lips. 


a-yo, ddal-ie!” 

ddal raises her head up from her calculus exercise book, meeting eyes with an excited seulbi. she can recognize the voice anywhere and she immediately jumps up from her seat, grinning as she hugs the older girl. “a-yo, mommy!” she replies and seulbi squeals, jumping up and down while holding her hands. the few people at their seats doesn't even do so much as flinch at the two girls being so loud and energetic so early in the morning. it's already a routine for them, having the energetic third-year comes to their class to squeal about trivial things with the equally as spirited second-year. “why are you here so early!!” phrased more like a statement, ddal stops jumping first and eagerly inquires the older girl, who only winks playfully at her. 

seulbi wiggles her eyebrows, a sly smile on her lips. “let's have lunch together, okay? i have something important to discuss.” she announces. right as ddal opens to retort, the bell rings signalling the first period. “ah, i have chemistry first thing. i'm gonna go first, see you at lunch my daughter!” the animated girl exclaims loudly as she lets go of ddal's hands. “unn-” and hong seulbi is gone. 

that girl.... really.


naeul tugs at the hem of her skirt, feeling unfamiliar with herself as she stood in line, waiting to get her metal tray. her best friend isn't here with her today, having to go see her sick aunt and being left to herself like this isn't something naeul is very used to. it feels awkward and she feels like an outcast. letting out a huge sigh, she wishes she can get out of this line quickly and get to ddal who would be at their usual lunch table. she was eye-ing the fried kimchi in the trays when a loud clank resounded from right behind her and then a yelp of surprise. 

“what do you think you're doing? the line goes all the way back there.” 

a familiar voice, but she couldn't put her finger on it. she thinks she'd recently heard the voice, too. a monotonous but oddly chilling noise with the slight lisp. whose voice is it again? she wanted so badly to turn around and take a look at the scene but feeling as though it could get her in trouble, she decides against it. the urge to turn around is killing her from the inside. 

a boy yelling profanities, more clanking sound and then the girl's calm, unamused voice again. “do that one more time, and i'll pull out all your nails one by one with a plier and drown you in salt water.” 

a chill runs up her spine. who is this girl with the gruesome threats... and is she being serious? the cafeteria suddenly hushes down, watching as the scene unfolds in front of them. drama is always fun, especially when it doesn't involve you, right? naeul clenches her fists, watching as the canteen lady puts the fried beef on her tray.  it, i'm gonna turn around. as soon as she turns around, she was greeted by a setting she's sure she doesn't really want to see. the girl she'd harmlessly chat with a few days ago stood unflinching in line, a boy sitting on the floor with kimchi sliding off his hair and onto the floor. 

she should've known. only gangster nam and hwang nari would be brave enough to announce those things aloud in the cafeteria. she watches as the boy sizes seungjae up and she puts down her tray on the counter, pulling at seungjae's hand to get her away from the boy. boys are stupid, who knows what they'll do to seungjae. although she's sure that seungjae won't be afraid, she might get in trouble with the school. which isn't even a surprise anymore, really, but still. picking up her tray from the counter and nodding her head simultaneously at the canteen lady, she pulls the girl by her hand towards her lunch table. 

she could see ddal already stuffing her face with something from her lunch box, the school's metal tray empty by her side. leave it to this girl to eat like she'd never eaten in two weeks. hwang nari sits beside ddal, an odd contrast with the luxurious lunch box in front of her and not a speck of rice on her cheeks.. unlike ddal. a new addition, seulbi is sitting right across nari, nit-picking at the way the ice princess is eating her fish with nari appearing deaf to it all. she puts down her tray, letting go of seungjae's hand. “unnie! are you crazy?”

seungjae inclines her head slightly, eyebrows raised. she turns her attention on the three girls and seulbi holds up a discreet thumbs up, mouthing a you did great! while ddal taps her wooden chopsticks loudly on her lunch box, yelling out a “our kaneki is so cool!” nari flicks ddal's forehead for talking with full and nods, acknowledging seungjae. seungjae turns towards naeul before sighing and sitting next to seulbi, who scoots a little farther to give her enough space. “what happened, gangster nam?” ddal asks, leaning forward. seungjae watches as nari pulls ddal's hair back so it won't dip into her miso soup and ddal not caring about it. 

she smiles. “he was being annoying. so i threatened to kill him.”

seulbi pats her back, her chopsticks in . “you did great, seungjae, but seriously – you're gonna get in trouble for that.” seungjae shrugs and seulbi promptly offers a slice of rice roll to her. she widens her eyes as seungjae raises her hand to decline politely, gritting her teeth and saying, “eat it. you're going to get hungry if you don't and that's bad.” nari watches in silence as seungjae opens and munches slowly on seulbi's hand-made rice rolls. seulbi and her mommy charm again. seulbi stands up from her seat, motions for naeul to come closer and feeds the younger girl too, mumbling to herself about how it's not healthy to constantly have cola for lunch while side-eyeing ddal's bottle of cola on the table. 

“i'm late, aren't i?”

the five girls turn around, synchronized. im hwayeon stood there, holding onto a bag of chips and a bottle of energy drink. “sorry, sorry. the vending machine was being weird, so i ended up spending 10 minutes in front of it.” she mutters, more to herself than to the girls and bows her head. she awkwardly glances from nari to ddal and then to seulbi, seungjae and naeul on the other side. 

ddal scoots a little, giving her space to sit and when hwayeon stares at her, confused, she motions for hwayeon to sit. “it's okay, you can sit here! also, which vending machine is it again?” casually, ddal asks with half her face in the lunch box. hwayeon takes her seat in next to ddal, twisting the cap of her energy drink open. she's still not used to these girls and it feels awkward for her to be there, what with them already knowing each other beforehand. there's an odd feeling in her stomach, as though she's intruding on something. they all seemed happy with her being there, minus seungjae who looks the same with or without emotions, but she's still very insecure about being with these girls. they're all someone at this school – a poet, a social butterfly, an ice princess, a gangster, an ice princess' lookalike. 

and she's... there. a lone im hwayeon. 

“hwayeon, taste this! it's good!” her train of thoughts stop abruptly as a slice of rice roll barges into her sight. seulbi's twinkling face welcomes her next, her smile from the morning apparently unable of leaving her face. she's too cute, i swear. hwayeon thinks to herself, almost begrudgingly. she opens tentatively, noticing how the other girls are watching after her and as she munches on it, she gasps loudly. “why- why, are you allergic to rice? what? is the seaweed not good enough? are you okay?” seulbi fusses, standing up from her seat and wringing her wrists. 

naeul covers with the palm of her hand, trying to choke down her food and offer help at the same time, but only managing to let out loud coughs that sounds painful. seungjae have to pat her back, offering her nari's water which is conveniently on the table. hwang nari's eyes widen as naeul drinks from her bottle, bites on the inner side of her cheek and lets it pass. she can get twelve of those drinks, anyways.

the school's basketball star finally swallows the rice roll and she covers with both her hands afterwards, eyes wide. “oh my god. that was the first time someone shared their lunch with me.”

ddal's shoulders slumped in relief and seulbi lets out a short yell. she's sure the people around them are annoyed at how loud their lunch table is but that's what happen when you take different people of different leagues and put them together to have lunch. somehow, it's a nice sight to see. like something from a k-drama, or a coming-of-age manhwa. “that scared me!” seulbi scolded then, gently hitting hwayeon with her chopsticks. ddal drapes her arms over hwayeon, her cheek on hwayeon's shoulder. “seriously, lim 19. shouldn't you be in drama club instead with that kind of explosive reaction?”

seungjae lets out a small laughter at ddal's comment while naeul takes a breath from all the coughing she'd just been through. “so, you guys mentioned a meet-up in the chat,” seungjae voices out when the table had calmed down again and they're starting to talk about trivial things. there are a few more minutes until lunch ends and she wants to get this whole manhwa ordeal done and over with. she's sure they're going to find a way out, now that the manhwa expert herself is here in flesh.

the first-year sitting beside her claps her hands together, remembering the chat. “yes, a meet-up! should we do it after school?”

“before that, im hwayeon. i have something i'm deeply curious about. are you sure cranky wouldn't be able to help us with the manhwa characters coming to life?” nari speaks up, closing the lid on her lunch box with her eyes on hwayeon. hwayeon stops chewing on her chips, hand mid-way into . now all eyes are on hwayeon and she have to swallow the chips first before giving out her opinion on the subject. 

shrugging, she scratches at her cheeks again. “i'm not completely sure about that... but chances are we would probably get chased out. we stole it, too so we might get reported to the police too and that's going to be bad for my reputation.. so i'm trying to figure out what to do with the manhwa characters now...” it's the truth after all. she's pretty sure cranky won't be up to helping them when it's clear that he hid the manhwa in the first place with full knowledge of the power it has. they were at fault for going into a room that is clearly restricted, so they don't have any rights to force cranky to help them. she thanked the heavens for giving her five other girls who are clearly as dumb as her too, who also stole the manhwas. as long as she's not the only person running around, chasing after a manhwa character that isn't supposed to be real, she at least can feel at least a bit sane.

“hmmm. then we should probably meet-up first then and see what we can do? maybe the manhwa characters know what to do... if they'd been magical all these years, they would've at least came out of the manhwa once right?” naeul offers and ddal raises her head from her concentrated session of singling out the green beans in her rice to snap her finger at the younger girl, clicking her tongue. 

seulbi shakes her head, incredulousness etched onto her face. “no, no, no, no. there's no way i'm going to bring that.. weirdo out into the city- no, that's going to be a nightmare!” she said, clutching onto her face.

nari eyes her, letting out a yawn. “mine's probably gonna be thrown in jail two seconds out into the city too, seulbi, so you can relax.” pointing her manicured nail towards ddal, she shakes her head in unison with seulbi. “you're the only one at an advantage here, shoujo girl.” ddal could only shrug, a smug look on her face. she's thankful for moon bin and his over-all normal personality, really. thank god it was a shoujo, thank god she's a hopeless romantic. 

the bell rings, finally signalling the end of lunch. “hey, you guys, i know it's not going to be easy.. to bring them out into the city because i know they're all ing weirdos, but can we just try it this once? i'm not okay with having a grown- teen boy in my house.” seungjae said, standing up from her seat first. although she doesn't mean to sound condescending and cold, she just did and ddal playfully acts as though she's shuddering from the tone of seungjae's voice. it brings a small smile to seungjae's face, though, so the others gather that she isn't going to soak them in salt water if they voice out. “and he's free-loading off me, too. damn.” she adds, like an after-thought and naeul bursts out laughing. 

patting the front part of her skirt, nari flips her hair over her shoulder and picks up her lunch box. “fine, then. i'm definitely not gonna live with rowoon for life, so i'm gonna make this sacrifice and bring him out for once. is tomorrow okay? should we meet at the train station after school?” she inquires, eye-ing the girls one by one. deliberately ignoring the desperate look on seulbi's face, she concludes that they'll be meeting up tomorrow at the train station. 

“oh and, bring the manhwa boys too.” hwang nari states with a flourish, a smile on her otherwise cold facial features. “right, seulbi, don't forget. i can't wait to meet roy.” playfully, she addresses seulbi who's tugging at seungjae's sweater, asking the girl to cancel the meet-up.

seulbi clenches her small fists together and whines. “you know what? hwang nari's the female manhwa lead that i would hate.”
THIS_IS_AELI: in order to commemorate astro's comeback!! (which is like, super awesome and cute and aesthetic and it's just S O  g r e at) and my first day of school holiday???? i present you the fifth chapter!! finally a written chapter, amirite guys. also i love ot6 too i love how u all love ot6 i am in love lets debut these girls- jk. ok anyways here's cute!ddal, emotionless!nari, panicky!naeul, charismatic!hwayeon, social!seulbi and oppa!seungjae. 

it's a regular thing now right so what's ur fav phrase this time around aaaaaand if the girls are manhwa girls, whose/which manhwa would you steal???? 


ALSO BEFORE Y'ALL GO, ARU / NARI IS WORKING ON A NEW APPLYF IC AND IT'S MALE-BASED AND BASED ON U-PRINCE AND IT'S GONNA BE GREAT AND I'LL BE JOINING TOO SO CLICK HERE!!!!! TO CHECK IT OUT.

i hope this is an okay enough chapter, i love yall tremendously! thanks for the wait ok guys. *finger guns*